AMR PROFIT

let's wait and see if your union can man up and actually negotiate for a change.

Keep in mind we're talking about a union that in past negotiations has marched into the conference room wearing "Team TWU" shirts and recited the pledge of allegiance prior to sitting down. :blink:

Is it any wonder the MBA's on the other side of the table eat these clowns for lunch in these negotiations?

I'd like to see professional negotiators handle a contract just once,might surprise us all.

They waste our dues on every other goddamn thing, why not something useful for the membership for once?

^^^ That's actually not a bad idea. I thought that if I read the board long enough, someone might have something interesting to say. I was right.

If the company one works for isnt sharing in the gain I dont really think it matters if they turn a profit or not.

We arent getting anything in return for AMR's return to profitability so who cares if they are making money.

The twu went to the company on their knees with their pants around their ankles asking for some more stock options. The company laughed and told them to get F%&#ed.
It seems the only people sharing in the gain are the upper crust. Maybe if AMR wasnt making a profit the execs wouldnt be reaping the rewards just like the employees arent. Its not envy its corporate greed at its finest.

As for that 500 million dollar goal I cant wait to get my 30 dollar bonus check. What should I buy first

:down: :down: :down:

An AA FA friend of mine says they are aren't fixing anything on those planes, everything placarded, written off, mechanic telling her he wouldn't fly on these planes.
toilets going out placarded on overseas trips, ovens out, you name it. That must go into the bottom line of showing a profit for Mr. Arpey. Former SOB TWA Robert Roach :shock: is now in charge of AA Maintenance...that true?

I haven't noticed anything like that. All the planes I am on have been in great working order.

Maintenance now has teams of mechanics who tackle a different plane and AC type, fixing every little thing written up or they find in the process. That on top of the regular maintenance that goes on each night at every base.

Keep in mind we're talking about a union that in past negotiations has marched into the conference room wearing "Team TWU" shirts and recited the pledge of allegiance prior to sitting down. :blink:

Is it any wonder the MBA's on the other side of the table eat these clowns for lunch in these negotiations?

Gee, sounds like something I've said over and over...

An AA FA friend of mine says they are aren't fixing anything on those planes, everything placarded, written off, mechanic telling her he wouldn't fly on these planes.
toilets going out placarded on overseas trips, ovens out, you name it. That must go into the bottom line of showing a profit for Mr. Arpey. Former SOB TWA Robert Roach :shock: is now in charge of AA Maintenance...that true?

The general management attitude seems to be "nobody else is doing this particular work, so we won't either".

That's a helluva attitude - AA's maintenance was once top notch - now it seems to be "how little can we get away with?".

Pencil-whipping, perhaps?

The general management attitude seems to be "nobody else is doing this particular work, so we won't either".

That's a helluva attitude - AA's maintenance was once top notch - now it seems to be "how little can we get away with?".

Pencil-whipping, perhaps?

The profits keep rolling in and the TWU makes deals. The same day AMR posted its earnings the AA pilots union leader made a press release. What has the TWU done? The pilots and Flight attendants cleaned house at the top of the union ladder. They had enough. We at the TWU have no say about our union leaders. They appointed a two time loser again for negotiations. Little is still in there cutting deals and then puts the blame on the membership for his failures. There is no way that we can have a fair chance at negotiations as long as the current path of the TWU exists. Either we change our loser leaders at the top or we change unions. The profits and deals keep rolling in and we get nothing but excuses on failures. Profits are rolling in and will probably continue for a while as long as capacity stays tight. I am tired of the so called pull together montra. We all pulled and look what happened. NOTHING!
Have a nice day.

... Maybe if AMR wasnt making a profit the execs wouldnt be reaping the rewards just like the employees arent ... Its not envy its corporate greed at its finest.

Have no fear - the execs will continue to rape and plunder both the company and the shareholders whether or not money is made. Bonuses will be for either failure or perceived "excellence".

After all - they're educated and deserve every dime - right? Social Darwinism at it's finest, better known as corporate greed.

The board takes too good of care of the major AMR shareholders, ensuring the board's survival and more of these payouts until they're finally voted out of their cushy positions.

I haven't noticed anything like that. All the planes I am on have been in great working order.

I've noticed it. More and more, and I fly AA a lot in the Latin markets. Some flights I've been on I was not aware they made that much duct tape! Everything from bathroom ceiling panels being taped up, overhead bins taped shut, arm rests wrapped and wrapped. Seat cushions taped, carpet runners taped (and covering emergency lighting). Just last week I pulled down a windowshade (in F mind you) and there it was staring me in the face, Duct Tape covering a hole in the plastic shade.

I'm beginning to wonder, if I bring my own duct tape, will I get a discount on my ticket?

You can't blame maintenance, they can only do what they are given time to do (which isn't much on a quick turn) or do as they are instructed by management to do - passengers be damned.

duct_tape.jpg

Have no fear - the execs will continue to rape and plunder both the company and the shareholders whether or not money is made. Bonuses will be for either failure or perceived "excellence".

After all - they're educated and deserve every dime - right? Social Darwinism at it's finest, better known as corporate greed.

The board takes too good of care of the major AMR shareholders, ensuring the board's survival and more of these payouts until they're finally voted out of their cushy positions.

Well said...
Now let's hear the pro management defenders respond to this!

I've noticed it. More and more, and I fly AA a lot in the Latin markets. Some flights I've been on I was not aware they made that much duct tape! Everything from bathroom ceiling panels being taped up, overhead bins taped shut, arm rests wrapped and wrapped. Seat cushions taped, carpet runners taped (and covering emergency lighting). Just last week I pulled down a windowshade (in F mind you) and there it was staring me in the face, Duct Tape covering a hole in the plastic shade.

I'm beginning to wonder, if I bring my own duct tape, will I get a discount on my ticket?

You can't blame maintenance, they can only do what they are given time to do (which isn't much on a quick turn) or do as they are instructed by management to do - passengers be damned.

duct_tape.jpg

How did you attach the picture to your post????

PM me if you want thanks

I'd like to see professional negotiators handle a contract just once,might surprise us all.

They waste our dues on every other goddamn thing, why not something useful for the membership for once?

It'll be different this time. We will have professional negotiators. I heard from my union rep the other day that "Team TWU" negotiators are going to "negotiation' school". :rolleyes: I think it is a CBT course, or maybe a couple nights a week down at the Community College. :lol: :lol:

<_< ----- Roach is an IAM official,not exTWA! I doubt he'd be jumping ship to go to AA Management. Probably makes more where he's at, and I don't think they'd want him! But what interests me, is the fact someone would even suggest it! More "TWA bogyman" syndrome?----- ;) Seems we're still AA's red headed step children!!! :shock:

Information Hotline for Friday, July 20.

On Wednesday of this week, AMR CEO Gerard Arpey sent out what
was labeled as a "Special Jetwire" concerning the airline's second-
quarter results. I'd like to respond to a couple of points Mr. Arpey
raises in this Jetwire message.

He begins the message by congratulating and thanking everyone for
their role in producing our airline's second-quarter net profit of
$317 million. I agree that our front-line employees in particular
deserve congratulations and thanks for our airline's return to
profitability. This improved performance is a direct result of the
deep and continuing sacrifices and day-to-day dedication of our
pilots and other employees over the past four years.

In addition, Mr. Arpey cites the significant impact of the severe
storms that affected our system in June, noting that the airline
canceled more than two percent of its schedule during the quarter.
What he doesn't point out is why the weather resulted in such a badly
scrambled operation. The simple fact is that due to management's over-
zealous cost-cutting, American Airlines isn't sufficiently staffed to
deal with weather-related disruptions. The consequences are
predictable—we canceled more flights and inconvenienced a lot more of
our passengers than should have been necessary. It's this kind of
short-sightedness that resulted in American Airlines' next-to-last
overall ranking among major airlines in Survey America's (SAM) most
recent "Overall Travel Experience" measure of customer satisfaction.

He also describes American Airlines as "smarter, more focused, more
productive and more profitable" as a result of "innumerable changes
we have made to our network, fleet, schedule, operating procedures
and our product over the past few years." This statement begs the
obvious question: is management admitting that before these changes,
it had been doing a lousy job overseeing American Airlines' network,
fleet, schedule, operating procedures and so forth? I believe we'd
all be interested in knowing what our airline's executives think they
were supposed to be doing before making all of these "innumerable
changes."

In this same message, the CEO also makes much of the fact that
American Airlines continues to fund its defined-benefit pension