History Being Made

I have been informed that there will now be 6 AMTs in MCI who will receive the C.E.T. Master Mechanic Award on May 24th. This is 300 years of experience to be recognized for their contributions to the skilled, proud craft of the AMT!

300 years of experience? Are any of these guys Charlies great, greater, or greatest grandpa...?

"You're windy-urrr, than a bag of farts" :lol: :lol: :lol:

The cost of the bust has been met through a generous donation from the TWU ATD on behalf of the A.A. AMTs. A few minor details need to be finalized before the May 24th event. Recognizing the skilled MCI AMTs who have dedicated their careers to providing safe, airworthy aircraft will be an honor. Having the bronze bust of Charles E. Taylor placed in the lobby of the MCI base will highlight the ability MCI & AA has in having a skilled, professional work force.

About 26 years experience in aerospace machining....
<_< ------ "aerospace machining"! You run a drill press! O.K.!---- That makes you an expert on Aircraft Maintenance! Got yea!!!!---- ;) I don't know if "aerospace machining" qualifies you for the C.E.T. Award? It might! But you "only" have 24 more years to find out!!!---- :p

<_< ------ "aerospace machining"! You run a drill press! O.K.!---- That makes you an expert on Aircraft Maintenance! Got yea!!!!---- ;) I don't know if "aerospace machining" qualifies for the C.E.T. Award? It might! But you "only" have 24 more years to find out!!!---- :p
Actually it is does make him an expert on aircraft under the current definition of an AMT. If he works on any aircraft part or component he qualifies to be called an AMT. However with out an FAA issued A&P certificate he will never qualify for the CET Award. But he can still be an AMT and even receive a few of the lower awards without even ever setting foot on an aircraft.

HSS, Do you work at Precise by any chance?

300 years of experience?
Math was never a twu bootlickers strong point. 6 mechanics with 50 years each does equal 300 years of experience.

Of course we could try this in twu math. If 6 bubba-believers went to a bar with the members dues money and spent $300, that would be $50 each, but what do you care, the members are paying anyway.

About 26 years experience in aerospace machining....

I am just wondering why the new TWU Local 514 Union Hall does not have a bust of Charlie?

One would think that the amount of money spent would have included recognition of Charlie. I hear there is a $14,000.00 Wooden Conference Table for meetings with management. But no bust of Charlie Taylor?

Why not make a motion at the meeting to get a bust of Charlie Taylor placed in the lobby of the Local 514 Admin Building? In fact, the other TWU Locals in the AA system should also have one on display.

I am just wondering why the new TWU Local 514 Union Hall does not have a bust of Charlie?

One would think that the amount of money spent would have included recognition of Charlie. I hear there is a $14,000.00 Wooden Conference Table for meetings with management. But no bust of Charlie Taylor?

Why not make a motion at the meeting to get a bust of Charlie Taylor placed in the lobby of the Local 514 Admin Building? In fact, the other TWU Locals in the AA system should also have one on display.

TWU Informer, The TWU ATD has pledged to purchase two additional busts. One will go to the Tulsa Base and the other to the AFW/TAESL Base. Both of these busts are still in the very early stages of planning. When dates are chosen I will post them as well as link them on the WWW.AMTAUSA.COM web site.

The Tulsa Base bust will look good next to the Oklahoma State AMT Day Resolution already on display there.

TWU Informer, The TWU ATD has pledged to purchase two additional busts. One will go to the Tulsa Base and the other to the AFW/TAESL Base. Both of these busts are still in the very early stages of planning. When dates are chosen I will post them as well as link them on the WWW.AMTAUSA.COM web site.

The Tulsa Base bust will look good next to the Oklahoma State AMT Day Resolution already on display there.

Ken,
Great Job with the Organization you founded and developed.

I honestly believe that every Maintenance & Related Local should sponsor a CET bust for the entry way at each and every hangar under their representation.

Dues money has been spent on everything from lunchboxes to booze: why not prioritize expenditures to direct them back towards our foundation?

Ken,
Great Job with the Organization you founded and developed.

I honestly believe that every Maintenance & Related Local should sponsor a CET bust for the entry way at each and every hangar under their representation.

Dues money has been spent on everything from lunchboxes to booze: why not prioritize expenditures to direct them back towards our foundation?

Boomer, thank you for the support.

The AMTA would be happy to see a bust of our country's FIRST Aircraft Mechanic in as many facilities as possible. Having a bust of Charles E. Taylor in an AMT union hall, regardless of union, makes sense. The AMTA was created to promote all AMTs. Knowledge, skill & integrity. The AMTA is working on several busts, not only the ones going to AA overhaul bases. We are always happy to increase the number of "homes" Charlie hangs his hat at. So far there is a bust in the San Diego Aerospace Museum, the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center and Embry-Riddle University in Florida. If every maintenance and related local wishes to have a bronze bust of Charles E. Taylor it will take a membership vote to make it happen. If there is a desire just contact me at WWW.AMTAUSA.COM.

Now why would you want to hide them in a hangar? I thought the whole idea of this was to bring the craft to the publics attention. Wouldn't it be better to donate one to the local airport? I think one would look nice in DTW in front of the water feature. Once the public is done reading all about AMT's on the plaque then they can walk to the windows looking over the tarmac and see the dying A&P's.

Now why would you want to hide them in a hangar? I thought the whole idea of this was to bring the craft to the publics attention. Wouldn't it be better to donate one to the local airport? I think one would look nice in DTW in front of the water feature. Once the public is done reading all about AMT's on the plaque then they can walk to the windows looking over the tarmac and see the dying A&P's.

It may be best to get the AMT's to understand and support the history of aviation maintenance. Thus the hangar, the union hall, the airport, even your house is a good idea.

Given the fact that SCABS such as yourself crossed a picket line and busted a union at NWA trying to promote and protect your craft, it is obvious that many with and A&P license need just as much education and history lessons as the public. :p

You have alot of nerve posting on any thread about promoting the profession.

The donation of the bronze bust of Charles E. Taylor to the AA MCI Overhaul Base yesterday was a GREAT event. I would like to give a huge thank you to Dick Hankins, who is an inspector in MCI and a C.E.T. Master Mechanic Award recipient himself, for helping make the MCI event such a wonderful event. Mr. Hankins is truely the epitome of a professional AMT.

Dick Hankins was instrumental in having Local 530 make a donation of $1000.00 to kick off the campaign to raise the money for the MCI bust. The TWU Int. ATD donated the difference.

A MD 80 was used as a back drop in the hangar where a platform with a raised platform next to it. Next to this platform was a "Wall of Honor" where the six award recipients had their photos placed on. The previous C.E.T. Master Mechanic Award recipients will have their photos placed on this "Wall of Honor" also. In front of this wall was the bronze bust of Charles E. Taylor on a very nice wooden base. This wall and bust were covered and after the awards were presented by the FAA the veils were pulled off the wall by the six new recipients and the bust was unveiled by Jim Little, Gordon Clark and myself.

This "Wall of Honor" and bronze bust will be located in the MCI Hangar lobby where potential customers of AA's overhaul facility will see these skilled men. Having on display a "Wall of Honor" and Mr. Taylor's bust will show all who enter the MCI overhaul base the appreciation & respect that AA has for the skilled work force there. I would like to thank Local 530 President Gordon Clark and all the Local 530 Officers for their hospitality. I would also like to thank all the MCI AMTs for showing what being a skilled, professional AMT is all about. Photos from the event will be posted on the AMTA web site shortly.

The names of the recipients were:
Donald E. Smith
David R. Hammond
Jack I. Morris
Paul A. Stuber
Ralph E. Vossler
James C. Steinbrink

<_< ------ "aerospace machining"! You run a drill press! O.K.!---- That makes you an expert on Aircraft Maintenance! Got yea!!!!---- ;) I don't know if "aerospace machining" qualifies you for the C.E.T. Award? It might! But you "only" have 24 more years to find out!!!---- :p

Hate to rain on your parade, pal, but Charles Taylor was a machinist also.

You know - the parasites that are lumped in with the aircraft mechanics? You know - one of the people who make the parts aircraft mechanics pound rivets into, without which there would be no airplanes.

Can you explain to me why a machinist is honored as 'the father of aircraft maintenance" when there seems to be so many of you special souls around?

Come on back with your smart-assed remarks. I'll be here for a while.

Latest posts