History Being Made

Ken MacTiernan

Veteran
Aug 12, 2003
San Diego CA
www.amtausa.com
The AMTA is proud to announce the future dedication of another bronze bust of Charles E. Taylor to American Airlines' Kansas City Overhaul Facility this May 24th, 2007. This donation was spearheaded by Mr. Dick Hankins who is not only an AA AMT but also a Charles E. Taylor Master Mechanic Award recipient. With a generous donation from TWU Local 530 and American Airlines MCI management's desire to house this beautiful bronze bust the AMTA will be able to make the public more aware of the responsibilities of today's AMT.
Besides donating the bust of Mr. Taylor the Kansas City's FAA FSDO will be presenting 4 more Charles E. Taylor Master Mechanic Awards to AA AMTs at the MCI facility. There are currently 14 C.E.T. Master Mechanic Award recipients from the AA MCI area. These recipients are just an indication of the knowledge, skill & integrity that the MCI AMTs posses. If you are interested in making a donation towards the cost of this bust you may use the PayPal link on the AMTA web site's Membership Page, or you may mail a check directly to the AMTA. Just indicate that your donation should be placed for the MCI bust. This bust will be created by the talented artist Virginia Hess who has created the previous Charles E. Taylor busts donated by the AMTA.
The names of those making a donation for this bust will be inscribed on a plaque to be placed on the base of the bust. The bust of Charles E. Taylor will be housed in a glass case with a curved wall behind it highlighting all the American Airlines MCI C.E.T. Master Mechanic Award Recipients. This will be displayed in the main lobby entrance. As always, thank you for your support in promoting the proud craft & profession of today's AMT. Sincerely, Kenneth MacTiernan Director AMTA

AGAIN KENNY BOY,

WHO CARES

The AMTA is proud to announce the future dedication of another bronze bust of Charles E. Taylor to American Airlines' Kansas City Overhaul Facility this May 24th, 2007. This donation was spearheaded by Mr. Dick Hankins who is not only an AA AMT but also a Charles E. Taylor Master Mechanic Award recipient. With a generous donation from TWU Local 530 and American Airlines MCI management's desire to house this beautiful bronze bust the AMTA will be able to make the public more aware of the responsibilities of today's AMT.
Besides donating the bust of Mr. Taylor the Kansas City's FAA FSDO will be presenting 4 more Charles E. Taylor Master Mechanic Awards to AA AMTs at the MCI facility. There are currently 14 C.E.T. Master Mechanic Award recipients from the AA MCI area. These recipients are just an indication of the knowledge, skill & integrity that the MCI AMTs posses. If you are interested in making a donation towards the cost of this bust you may use the PayPal link on the AMTA web site's Membership Page, or you may mail a check directly to the AMTA. Just indicate that your donation should be placed for the MCI bust. This bust will be created by the talented artist Virginia Hess who has created the previous Charles E. Taylor busts donated by the AMTA.
The names of those making a donation for this bust will be inscribed on a plaque to be placed on the base of the bust. The bust of Charles E. Taylor will be housed in a glass case with a curved wall behind it highlighting all the American Airlines MCI C.E.T. Master Mechanic Award Recipients. This will be displayed in the main lobby entrance. As always, thank you for your support in promoting the proud craft & profession of today's AMT. Sincerely, Kenneth MacTiernan Director AMTA

<_< -----Hey Oak City! What's with you man? These are exTWA people the man's talking about! In numbers alone there are no other place that can match it!----- So who cares? A lot of exTWAer's do!!!!----- ;) I'll put it in terms you can understand! It's just another way we can thumb our noses at aa!!!!---- :p

MCI, I would do anything to support the exTWA employees, but can not do anything to support an aa employee after the way they did the TWA employees.

<_< -----Hey Oak City! What's with you man? These are exTWA people the man's talking about! In numbers alone there are no other place that can match it!----- So who cares? A lot of exTWAer's do!!!!----- ;) I'll put it in terms you can understand! It's just another way we can thumb our noses at aa!!!!---- :p

MCI, I would do anything to support the exTWA employees, but can not do anything to support an aa employee after the way they did the TWA employees.
And exactly who are getting the awards and the bust dumbass? :shock:

I used to think you were just a angry person, now I realize you are angry and stupid.

And exactly who are getting the awards and the bust dumbass? :shock:

I used to think you were just a angry person, now I realize you are angry and stupid.

Reminds me of the guy holding a gun to his own head screaming "One More step and Stupid Gets It"!

<_< ---- Oak City, We all know what happened to TWA was a real travesty! But informer is right on one thing! TWA is gone! This is now aa! I wish I could capitalize those letters, but because of what happened I haven't been. But life goes on! Let it go man! There is nothing we can do to change it! So from now on it's AA! Because that's who we are!!!----- It sucks! But that's the reality of it! I can walk through what once was our overhaul base, even today, and still see those three red letters all over this place! It will be a while before they all disappear, but in time they will!

[mci you whats funny i think the same thing even though TWA is gone its amazing howTWA keeps showing all threw the day on tugs silver ware were like a bad penny cant get rid of us lol lol llol

Please show me where this has anything to do in pitting TWA AMTs against AA AMTs against SWA AMTs against etc.

twaokc, you miss the point about the entire goal behind the AMTA. Yes, I am an AA AMT but how does that affect what I am trying to accomplish by recognizing the skilled work force in MCI?

There are plans for placing a bronze bust of Charles E. Taylor in other overhaul facilities at AA and else where. If you do not wish to support the goal of promoting a proud, skilled work force perhaps you should visit a different web site.

Come on twaokc, Ken has good intentions and I can respect that. The only problem I have with Ken is the AMT term that he continually promotes with out even realizing the damage he is doing to the A&P Mechanic.
<_< ---- Get back in your hole SCAB! You or your opinons are not welcome here!!!

Latest posts