Operations Normal

The ALPA MEC Officers are appointed by a senatorial versus roll call vote. Bill Pollock will not be replaced unless the majority of the MEC elects to make the change.

Separately, guess what happens to the ALPA RC4 "roll call" power on January 31, when MDA positions are transferred from PIT and PHL to DCA? Moreover, there are a significant number of pilots in bad standing, with the majority based in PHL.

In regard to F/A sick calls, it appears the employees who are calling in sick are going to make the company's effort to reduce headcount much easier and less costly.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
The ALPA MEC Officers are appointed by a senatorial versus roll call vote. Bill Pollock will not be replaced unless the majority of the MEC elects to make the change.

Why bother? Pollock will go down in ALPA history as the sheep who led the rest to the absolute slaughter of the profession.

Separately, guess what happens to the ALPA RC4 "roll call" power on January 31, when MDA positions are transferred from PIT and PHL to DCA? Moreover, there are a significant number of pilots in bad standing, with the majority based in PHL.

At this point, does it really matter? AAA ALPA gave everything away. There is nothing left to preserve.

In regard to F/A sick calls, it appears the employees who are calling in sick are going to make the company's effort to reduce headcount much easier and less costly.

Well, probably not. If no contractual violation took place, it certainly won't. If the company whacks people and then ends up paying them back pay and legal fees to the AFA after an arbitration loss (likely), it will actually be more expensive than recalling folks and adequately staffing the line would have been....

(if you will recall, the company has had it's head handed to it in arbitration cases of late. BK won't last forever).

This mangment better never blame us again for their inept, inadequate, insufficient, irresponsible, negligent, unprepardness in PHL!!!!
OK,. but we will just blame the jerk F/A's that called off, for the flights that WERE cancelled because of no Flight Attendants, not the bag issues.

Take your sudden defensive attitude back in time a week back to the D gates in CLT, when I got to witness a pair of little kids crying because their flight to go see Grandma and Grandpa in RDU was cancelled, for 3 missing flight attendants calling in sick, and the reserve flight attendants also calling in sick..

How pathetic you sound now PB spouting off your usual unionistic tripe when the memory of those kids tears and mad parents is still so fresh. You should instead follow the lead of the AFA leadership in dressing down any Flight attendant that called off over the holidays that should not have.

We all know what happened, the slackers that usually call off during the holidays, called off, thinking that "reserve people will cover it, and I "deserve" the holidays off".

Thing was, those on reserve also called off, meaning there was not enough coverage to cover what should not really HAVE to be covered. Just because jerk offs usually call off during the holidays, does not make it the fault of the company . The blame still rests upon the pathetic shoulders of those who abused their sick time.

If you were one of the Flight attendants that called off when you were not really sick, because you are just plain selfish and self centered, then Vote your T/A in, take your payout, and leave as soon as possible.

You make the outstanding, hard working, and professional flight attendants that DO work here look bad. The sooner your type is gone, the better.

Ho ho ho... you Jerks

Rico said:
OK,. we will just blame the jerks that called off for the flights that WERE cancelled because of no Flight Attendants, not the bag issues.

You are not informed Rico. Sick calls for F/As were virtually unchanged from the year before. Nice support of your fellow employees, by the way. Greeter.

Take your sudden defensive attitude back in time a week back to the D gates in CLT, when I got to witness a pair of little kids crying because their flight to go see Grandma and Grandpa in RDU was cancelled, for 3 missing flight attendants calling in sick, and the reserve flight attendants also calling in sick..

Yes, it is always the fault of unionized labor.....

Let me ask a few questions:

1. How many folks do you think have cried due to the obscenely high fares management forced the airline to charge its passengers? How many folks could not afford to fly last minute, walk up rates to get to someone's funeral or hospital bedside?

2. How many folks were crying or, at the very least, upset....due to their luggage not arriving in time for Christmas.....due, not to a shortage of ramp agents, but due to a shortage of baggage space due to fleet decisions. Let's get real....RJs won;t carry all the bags during Christmas if all the seats are filled (which they usually are, this time of year) and throw in bad weather...have to carry more fuel to get to an alternate.... How much of the baggage fiasco was simply the result of farming out so much of the carrier's flying to RJ operators?

3. How many more ramp agents, per shift, could you guys have kept on the payroll at Philadelphia if you had resisted the temptation to reward the previous Prez/CEOs with huge severance bonuses for running the airline into the ground?

4. How many folks are you short to begin with, before anyone calls in sick?

5. Why weren't there any mid-level or senior management folks out at the airport during this alleged imbroglio? You know, if they actually gave a damn about this company, they would come out of the ivory tower every once in a while to see what was really going on. The only things that ever get done well are the things the bosses check.

My gut tells me that management set this whole thing up....that the sick call #s weren't particularly abnormal (and actually, considering the company may be gone in less than a month, sick call is an accrued benefit, and folks have seen their wages slashed by the BK judge...the percent absent might even have been surprisingly low). I'm no fan of the IAM - but in this case I think the management played this to make them look bad, get the BK judge to abrogate the contract and decertify the union, then they will contract out the work to a 3rd party vendor. I hope USA320 enjoys flying around in a metal tube maintained by the lowest bidder.

Nope,

The entitlistic attidute of many that supposedly work here is as much at fault for any problems US Airways has as any management mistake.

I refuse to steer blame away from the jerks that called off. Liek I said, Nice weather day in CLT, no bag issues, but flight cancelled because 3 jerks called off, and so did the reserve flight attendants that those three jerks ASSUMED would cover for them (because they have every year before now).

If we are to survive and then succeed, we need to look at the idiots that are making the rest of us work that much harder, the lazy slugs that we have to make up for, that defend their lack of productivity or professionalism by blaming management for causing their bad attitude and work ethic.

Please grow up. Lazy is lazy.