Analysts Pessimistic About New Us Airways

hp_fa said:
And what is the difference between Cordle and you?
[post="288807"][/post]​

The difference is...Cordle flies a much larger airplane..and makes a great deal more money than USA320Pilot does. Beyond that, they are both cut from the same jib...and bare considerable watching accordingly.

USA320Pilot said:
Meanwhile, if the new US Airways is involved in further M&A activity I believe the airline discussed in the column below could be a potential target:

See Story

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="288802"][/post]​

Bah. Adding Frontier to LCC would be like taking someone who recently got their cancer into remission and forcing them to smoke 3 packs a day. Bad(LCC) + Very Bad(FRNT) = Chapter 7.

If you are looking for someone in better shape, examine Alaska.

How can anyone expect the synergy from this merger to make up for the duel operating losses of both parties to the merger?

-1 plus -1 = -2

Even if they improve cost 50% that's still -1.

Please advise.

usair_begins_with_u said:
How can anyone expect the synergy from this merger to make up for the duel operating losses of both parties to the merger?

-1 plus -1 = -2

Even if they improve cost 50% that's still -1.

Please advise.
[post="288916"][/post]​

So, we lose a buck or two on every ticket.

After the merger, we'll be able to make it up in volume!

:shock: :blink:

Phantom Fixer said:
The difference is...Cordle flies a much larger airplane..and makes a great deal more money than USA320Pilot does.  Beyond that, they are both cut from the same jib...and bare considerable watching accordingly.
[post="288813"][/post]​

No, the difference is that USA320Pilot did not cross a union pickett line to aquire his current job, he is not a scab. Cordle did just that and is a scab.

lynyrdskynyrd said:
No, the difference is that USA320Pilot did not cross a union pickett line to aquire his current job, he is not a scab. Cordle did just that and is a scab.
[post="289412"][/post]​

But 320 has become and been a shill for management and against his union's leadership, has he not?

hp_fa said:
But 320 has become and been a shill for management and against his union's leadership, has he not?
[post="289437"][/post]​

I think USA320Pilot has a high opinion of his opinion, but that just makes him a typical pilot and typical person for that matter. I am a pilot myself for HP so I don't mean that as a slam against pilots.

Cordle bothers me not just because of the way he got his job, but the way he sent in for a couple of mail order courses and now passes himself off as some kind of industry expert. Then just for good measure and supposedly to add credibility to some of his analysis the article in question almost always ends with a description of him as a "senior B-777 Captain for a Major Airline." Give me a break, as soon as I read that I instantly want to vomit.

In my opinion, whatever one may say about USA320Pilot at least he is honorable while Cordle is not. That is why I say that they are different.

USA320Pilot said:
Vaughan Cordle is a UAL B-777 Captain who began his career at the Chicago-based airline by crossing ALPA's picket line as a B727 replacement and new hire pilot.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="288802"][/post]​
CURIOUS I MUST ASK...YOU EVER CROSSED A PICKET LINE MY FRIEND????

700UW said:
Did you fly over a picket line in October of 1992?
[post="289544"][/post]​
ahh...i should have thought of that....... :lol:
USA320Pilot Posted Today, 08:07 AM
DellDude:

No, I have not crossed a picket line. How about you -- did you ever cross a picket line?

Regards,

USA320Pilot
ahh...yes i did in gettysburg some 100+ years ago but that was in a different incarnaiton.

Better yet,

During the 30 day cooling off period did you clean any plane cabins because utility was working by the book and short handed?

And if you flew during the of the strike did you clean any plane cabins on the turn arounds?

I was on active duty with the U.S. Air Force in October 1992. In regard to cleaning, I have taken trash out of the cockpit because the old utility cleaners never did. In regard to your other questions, I cannot remember what I did last week never mind 13 years ago.

In addition, I have fought for the best union contract possible, instead of just saying "no" against the advice of the majority of union leadership or the advisors so members could obtain a deal worse than the company's opener.

That's pretty dumb if you ask me, but what's interesting is that the IAM gave the company the greatest percentage "give" over the "ask" and virtually eliminated an entire work group.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Guess you forgot about the Pension your MEC gave back to US which was over the ASK or the GIVE?

And I guess since you were not at M&R Negotiations you would not know what the company exactly wanted, what the IAM offered them and how either side went about it. See I was there, you were not.

For the millionith time, the company wanted what they wanted and how they wanted and gave no regard to any proposal the IAM gave to them.

Cleaning the trash out of the cockpit was not done on a turnaround flight cleaning, only done on the RON per US Airways Appearance Manual.

And I do remember during contract negotiations when LGA was short handed you told the board you and your flight crew cleaned the cabin before utility got their.

Samething in my book, you performed work covered under another union's CBA.

And I am glad you keep up your current M.O. and try to change the topic and deflect the real issues at hand.