Aal Nwa Merger? Forbes Magazine

MCI transplant said:
<_< Damn People your cold!!!!! These are people's lifes here!!! Fighting over the scrapes before the the body has even been pronounced dead!!! No wonder aa is know as the "SKY NAZIS"!!!!! You've got the ovens turned on, just waiting for NW to stop twiching before you throw them in!!!!! :angry: Signed: "One of those TWA part deux!!"
[post="288928"][/post]​

Once again, peoples lives are at stake here. First the TWA people, now NWA.

MCI, you never mention the lives of AAers who were affected.

MCI transplant said:
<_< Bob, if you dovetailed them, you'de have to dovetail all!!!If they were, I'de be the first one in line to fill a discrimination lawsuit against either Union, or Company, or both!!!!!And yes, they deserve to be dovetailed! But so did we!!!!!I'm sorry, but as you see, even though we may agree on most points, we do have our differances!!!!I guess that's as it should be! :down: Signed: "Just anotherone of aa's redheaded stepchildren!"
[post="288857"][/post]​
Wrong MCI, Kasher has ruled and it is eternal. It does not matter if we merge with another airline and dovetail them.

The only "fair and equitable" way to merge any seniority list would be a staple job according to the AA unions. So if there were another merger on the horizon between AA and NWA, Those NWA folks would have to be under the TWA folks. All on the street of course.

acmech said:
Those NWA folks would have to be under the TWA folks. All on the street of course.
[post="289185"][/post]​

Regardless if the strike happens, at least 2000 of them will be on the street, since NWA will get overhaul outsourced either thru a lockout or thru the S1113 process.

acmech said:
The only "fair and equitable" way to merge any seniority list would be a staple job according to the AA unions. So if there were another merger on the horizon between AA and NWA, Those NWA folks would have to be under the TWA folks. All on the street of course.
[post="289185"][/post]​
Only if they waive their seniority. By the way, the TWA ramp and mechanics were not stapled; a neutral arbitrator gave them full TWA seniority in their hub/ base. The TWAers are just mad because they could not come to AA bases and hubs with their full TWA seniority and crap all over the nAAtives.

Despite being a good strategic fit, the operational problems of a merger would be horrendous. Almost zero fleet commonality. NW has gone Airbus, and AA Boeing. Also, look at NW's hub structure. . . . MSP, DTW, and AA with Chicago.

Add the integration of two mature workforces and you'd have a marriage made in hell.

aafsc said:
The TWAers are just mad because they could not come to AA bases and hubs with their full TWA seniority and crap all over the nAAtives.
[post="289246"][/post]​

That is neither fair nor accurate. TWA employees at stations that had AA mechs on layoff did not get full seniority. What they got did them no good as subsequent layoffs occured.

NewHampshire Black Bears said:
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

MCI,
I did'nt know you were a "POL-LAK" !!

NH/BB's
[post="289168"][/post]​
<_< Bear---- I'm not!!!!! But the frase fits!!!!!! :p

aafsc said:
Wrong MCI,  Kasher has ruled and it is eternal. It does not matter if we merge with another airline and dovetail them.
[post="289083"][/post]​
<_< aa-------- I realise your young and a little nieve, but as you will find out, there is "nothing" eternal, except death, and tax's!!!!!!! :shock:

aafsc said:
Only if they waive their seniority. By the way, the TWA ramp and mechanics were not stapled; a neutral arbitrator gave them full TWA seniority in their hub/ base. The TWAers are just mad because they could not come to AA bases and hubs with their full TWA seniority and crap all over the nAAtives.
[post="289246"][/post]​
And who at the former TWA would want to go to an AA base with the aaitudes the naatives have?

Hey MCI, you said that you would file a lawsuit if AA merged with another airline and those employees were dovetailed. Who would you sue? Kasher? After all, he is the one who decided legally. The unions or AA did not make the decision.

acmech said:
And who at the former TWA would want to go to an AA base with the aaitudes the naatives have?
[post="289278"][/post]​
Some who are on layoff. There are some ex-TWA people who have been on layoff that are accepting recalls to fill vacancies around the system.

Latest posts