Analysts Pessimistic About New Us Airways

700UW:

Since you brought up cleaning, it's a little ironic how the new contract cleaners vacuum the cockpit, mop the floors, meet the aircraft on time and empty trash all in a few minutes. What's even more interesting is that these employees at many stations are represented by the IAM.

In addition, this week I talked with some US Airways Maintenance Test Pilots who flew the acceptance flights in Mobile after MAE conducted the A320 overhaul. These pilots told me that MAE did the work in about 50% of the time that it took US Airways mechanics and the heavy maintenance was done better than in-house. Since I was not in Mobile to witness this work all I can do is report what I was told.

In regard to my whereabouts in October 1992 I was serving my country in the military, but you seem to disregard that and would rather try to discredit me. Speaking of the military, have you ever been on active duty, in combat, or put your life on the line for others?

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Can you please explain then why did two out of the first three A319 S-checks have emergency landings due to improper flap rigging done by ST MAE?

Why did A/C 704 have the girt bar locks missing and the slide not working upon leaving the S-Check only to be discovered by US mechs in CLT?

And Turn around flights dont have cockpits vacummed.

Since US never performed the S-Checks inhouse while ST MAE were performing them how can they take 50% less time since US never did one?

Me thinks someone is full of it.

And once again, don't let the facts get in your way!

700UW:

I talked with Maintenance Test Pilots who flew the A320 aircraft after overhaul and reported exactly what they said. In fact, they said do not let anybody tell you otherwise.

In regard to cleaners routinely vacuuming the cockpit, mopping the floors, and taking trash out of the cockpit, I cannot ever remember former US Airways utility employees routinely doing that -- can you?

In fact, how often did you take a vacuum to the aircraft when you were cleaning?

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
Since you brought up cleaning, it's a little ironic how the new contract cleaners vacuum the cockpit, mop the floors, meet the aircraft on time and empty trash all in a few minutes.
[post="289572"][/post]​

Based on every flight I've had since the contract cleaners took over, I can only surmise that they spend way to much time on the cockpit and not enough time on the areas of the airplane that paying pax actually get to use.

Everyday a vacuam was taken to the intl 330s when I worked in the cabin.

And please explain how MAE took 50% less time to complete an S-Check compared to US when at the time US never did an S-Check inhouse?

And when I worked in the cabin I emptied the cockpit trash.

Some of you doomsayers are pitiful. Don't you realize that where thoughts go, energy flows?

Who cares what those negative, pathetic, pessimistic analystic say.
Why join them? Once you believe them, you are just proving them right. Why prove them right? Be part of the solution.

If you think that this merger is going to fail, you start blaming others, etc. then leave!! There are others who wants to stay here to make this successful and make this work!

Responsible and Successful people think ahead, are proactive, looks for solutions, control their temper and always do their best. They don't give up easily and are accountable for the consequences of their choices. They don't blame others, but instead use the challenges they encounter as a learning lesson and a tool.

That victim, loser attitude of "Oh poor me, management this, management that made this fail, blah, blah, blah, they did this, they did that, wahhhhh, *cry*, *Pout*, *whine* Attitude is totally pathetic and I'm sure you are better than that. Get over it ! It's pitiful.

700UW said:
Can you please explain then why did two out of the first three A319 S-checks have emergency landings due to improper flap rigging done by ST MAE?

[post="289580"][/post]​

I know you are not going to go there again!

Forbes needs to get it right.. did anyone else notice that they wrote:

If US Air gets out, it will because of the generous agreement from America West Holdings to buy the carrier. (Analysts remain pessimistic about that marriage surviving.) :down:

America West is not purchasing US Airways this is a merger of debt and marriage of both airlines.

A quote copied and pasted from the America West website states:

This is a merger, not a buy-out of US Airways by AWA because both sides bring financing to the agreement and both companies will have representatives on the new Board of Directors. :up:

MarkMyWords said:
I know you are not going to go there again!
[post="289599"][/post]​
Tell me about it. Ha! There is still another topic out there, waiting for an answer on 716 or 714. Ah, I can't remember.

50% less time it took the MAE mechanics vs the Usair Mechanics...I somehow have to question that statement although I realize most of our spares are stocked there but I cannot understand and think there may be a hot pen involved????

USA320Pilot said:
700UW:

In addition, this week I talked with some US Airways Maintenance Test Pilots who flew the acceptance flights in Mobile after MAE conducted the A320 overhaul. These pilots told me that MAE did the work in about 50% of the time that it took US Airways mechanics and the heavy maintenance was done better than in-house. Since I was not in Mobile to witness this work all I can do is report what I was told.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="289572"][/post]​

I am still waiting for A320 to explain how ST MAE did a S-check in 50% of the time that it took US Airways' own mechanics to do since the S-checks were not done in-house and never were done in-house while ST MAE were performing them.

Like I said, don't let the facts get in your way.

700UW said:
I am still waiting for A320 to explain how ST MAE did a S-check in 50% of the time that it took US Airways' own mechanics to do since the S-checks were not done in-house and never were done in-house while ST MAE were performing them.

Like I said, don't let the facts get in your way.
[post="289798"][/post]​

700UW,

It is something a stock clerk would not understand.

Oh yes it would as we supported hvy mtc.

Why don't you explain how ST MAE did it in 50% less time then US since US never did one at the time?

Don't let your pilot ego get in the way!

700UW said:
Oh yes it would as we supported hvy mtc.

Why don't you explain how ST MAE did it in 50% less time then US since US never did one at the time?

Don't let your pilot ego get in the way!
[post="290454"][/post]​

They probably had a stock clerk that knew what the heck they were doing. Instead of using the computer to post during their job.

Latest posts