and so it begins...

Such a merger would put the combined airline on par with the world's largest -- United Continental Holdings Inc. -- and the slightly smaller Delta Air Lines.

If this merger really did happen and was successful, how would the resident DL cheerleader feel about being #3?

Anyway, I would just like see all the employees come out on top whether they merge or not...

Oh, he will never let that happen. His airline will buy AS, and anyone else that they can to regain the lead. Expect another short story boasting of Deltas superior revenue, their domination of NYC, followed up by how Parker and AA can't meet their revenue projections, and blah blah, blah.

Reactions: 2 people
I can't speak for "many" but there are alot of us who believe that, regardless of the context, if you do what you do well - better than others - you will win.

In a highly dysfunctional industry, DL has done what it does as good as or better than most of its peers.

AA and UA were two of the chosen 4 that were the backbone of US aviation when DL was relegated to crop dusting in the South.

I guess DL wasn't content to stay home on the farm.

Reactions: 2 people
So if Delta is the overall winner, will you reap any of the benefits, or sleep better at night? What will you have to write about then? I guess you better start to look for a new hobby then, model railroading perhaps...

Reactions: 1 person