Proposed Merger News

AMR Union Says Lack of Accord May Threaten Merger in Bankruptcy

http://www.bloomberg...bankruptcy.html

Its public posturing in an attempt to shape the outcome, and they are putting on a face that they aren't in bankruptcy.

The APA is parroting what Crandall said...pilot seniority cooperation is key to the merger... and is pretending like its a grand new announcement that they themselves thought up. :lol:

Its public posturing in an attempt to shape the outcome, and they are putting on a face that they aren't in bankruptcy.

The APA is parroting what Crandall said...pilot seniority cooperation is key to the merger... and is pretending like its a grand new announcement that they themselves thought up. :lol:

The APA is playing their hand like experts. I don't blame them. They used Parker to great effect to sweeten the compensation pot for themselves while in bankruptcy.

And they continue to play the game. It's kind of sweet watching a pilot union playing two management teams against one another. It's about time.

Reactions: 2 people
The APA is playing their hand like experts. I don't blame them. They used Parker to great effect to sweeten the compensation pot for themselves while in bankruptcy.

And they continue to play the game. It's kind of sweet watching a pilot union playing two management teams against one another. It's about time.

I agree. And it would be even better to see them realize what cluster**** this merger would be, and use their power to block it entirely.

Reactions: 3 people

Sure they have been playing their hand well but it looks like they are more interested in rushing along to get rid of Horton than they are at taking the time to have a unified pilot group after a merger. I would choose having a unified pilot group for the next two decades over a one time choice on who the CEO is. Management will always be management regardless of the change of face and a unified pilot group can deal with whoever is at the top.

Reactions: 3 people
Change of control ! LOL !

Coc = worthless never used clause that serves to drag out contract ratifications as a portion of workers maintain a fantasy like hope .

Reactions: 2 people
January 9th?

people close to the talks told Reuters they do not expect the AMR board to formally choose one option over the other next week, as detailed terms of a deal, such as price and the new management team, have yet to be hammered out. There are currently no plans for an announcement after the meeting.

http://www.thenews.com.pk/Todays-News-3-152674-American-Airlines-entering-key-period-in-restructuring

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/business/Three-Week-Delay-in-AAs-Merger-Decision-185958422.html

"The board of directors of American Airlines' parent company, AMR Corp., was set to vote on a consensual merger with US Airways this week but asked for a three-week delay,"

American Airlines Agents began voting for CWA union representation Dec. 4 and ends Jan. 15 Attorneys for American Airlines are expected to appeal to the full Supreme Court to stop/appeal the representation election. The timing is suspect

Really?

The non-union employees have no say in what happens to them, they want a seat at the table and a CBA, the executives have contracts, what's wrong with the workers having one too?

Well obviously, nobody sees these airline BKs coming :rolleyes:

I think it's great that they want union representation, and I do hope it works for them. I just don't understand the logic of seeking it when a company already is in BK. I would think, as we are seeing, that the company has the upper hand on this situation and can fight it in the courts.

Aside from my opinion, lets face it, it is a must that the non-union American employees become union. ;)

The only thing AA challenged and lost was the percentage of A-cards needed.

The Congressmen and Senator who even wrote the law said it wasnt retroactive, and the NMB agreed, AA won the first round and the CWA won the next.

The agents want a say and want protections, nothing wrong with that and all AA is doing is asking enemies out of their own employees.

Latest posts