Proposed Merger News

Does anyone know what the 'book rates' are? Looking through contracts and LOAs, I couldn't find the results of the first two parity+1 adjustments. I know the starting rate for Grp2 C/O 12 yr. is around 160, but I remember that at one point that figure was around 190-ish after a parity review.
Just curious as to what 'book rate' actually means.
Cheers.

The CARs expired, but the Pay Rates revert if conditions are met that trigger a change of control.
Cheers.

Any idea how the Book Rates compare to AA pilot pay rates? I saw something yesterday that said that the AA and LCC pilots were meeting in CLT with AA and LCC company negotiators to come to some agreement on a contract. If they come to an agreement (let's call it a TA for now), I assume the pilot corps would still be able to vote on it--though bankruptcy does strange things to logical assumptions.

If, for instance, the agreed upon pay rates were less than your Book rates, what then?

No lump sum at AA http://finance.yahoo.com/news/court-approves-american-airlines-labor-175502747.html

http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/2012/12/amr-american-get-to-march-11-to-file-bankruptcy-reorganization-plan.html/

Seen airways stock today? What's up?

LCC is up because AA has now finalized new contracts with all its employees and many assume that LCC and AMR will merge shortly. Parker earlier proposed that LCC holders get 30% of the new company equity while AMR creditors get 70%. If that ratio holds, then LCC stockholders get a windfall (a very large transfer of value from AMR creditors to LCC stockholders).

With all the media hype surrounding this possible merger, have any other two airlines gone this far in the process and have the deal scuttled? I just don't remember the media covering the last two mergers as much as this possible one...

Reactions: 1 person
It is done, I'd put the odds of an announcment in the next 3 weeks at 95%.
They are already down to detials of merger departments and which Directors will stay or go.

Reactions: 1 person
With all the media hype surrounding this possible merger, have any other two airlines gone this far in the process and have the deal scuttled? I just don't remember the media covering the last two mergers as much as this possible one...

The UCT (for those of you not fluent in Chip-speak, UCT is the Unique Corporate Transaction...his favorite byword of the time) of United and US Airways in 2001 went this far (maybe beyond) and was scuttled by the DOJ. But I think UAL had buyer's remorse and was grateful to have the DOJ stop the deal. (Or did they grease the skids?)

It is done, I'd put the odds of an announcment in the next 3 weeks at 95%.
They are already down to detials of merger departments and which Directors will stay or go.

Who ends up being the surviving entity is the only question left?