Air Wisconsin Begins Service As Us Airways Express

700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
Air Wisconsin Begins Service As US Airways Express Carrier
Monday August 15, 11:28 am ET

APPLETON, Wis., and ARLINGTON, Va., Aug. 15 /PRNewswire/ -- Air Wisconsin Airlines Corporation (AWAC) and US Airways marked the start of their new relationship this past weekend, with the first AWAC aircraft operating under the US Airways Express name taking flight on Aug. 13, 2005.

Yahoo Aviation News

This morning in BTV we originated next to an originating Air Wisky CRJ painted in US Airways Express colors. They were on their way to Philly.

Any word on what Air Wisconsin is doing with their BAE-146's? They're my favorite a/c of all time - i'd hate to see them at the dessert with all of ours!

PropPiedmont said:
This morning in BTV we originated next to an originating Air Wisky CRJ painted in US Airways Express colors. They were on their way to Philly.
[post="288430"][/post]​

Did they refurbish the interiors of the CRJs as well? Are they in the old cloth UA Exp seats inside, the plain leather seats like Mesa or the mini-mainline look of the PSA RJs?

Also, do they use ACARS like PSA or do they call in the times like Mesa? If ACARS at what point do the times kick in--door closure, breaks released or pushback?

Hey Skyguy, our 146's have not been in the desert in over 10 years, most are flying for various carriers in Europe except for three that are still in the US flying for Air Wisc still with the US registration. I think Air Wisc will retire the 146 although there is talk they may keep a few for UAX's Aspen service.

Cheers LGA777

So they got the current USX livery? These planes will probably be some of the first to wear the new livery (hopefully the Express one is slightly different than mainline's for variety's sake).

I'm curious too as to whether or not they have the interior used on the PSA CRJs and the 170s.