Annual Incentive Plan (aip)

mjk

Advanced
Jan 3, 2004
Visit site
NHBB and Hotel: Disgruntled Flight 1 Heavy - You are cleared for takeoff.
Flame away!!! :rolleyes:

From Jetnet: link

AIP - Customer Service Component
The customer service component of the AIP will provide awards to eligible employees if we meet at least one of two measurable goals: customer satisfaction and dependability.

Customer satisfaction will be based on American's ranking for "overall travel experience" as measured by Survey America, an independent survey that rates American and our competitors.

Dependability will be based on the DOT A+14 statistics for arrivals within 15 minutes of the scheduled time.

If we are in the top half of 12 airlines in either the Survey America results or the DOT on-time report in any given month, every employee, whether full- or part-time, regardless of level, will earn a payout for that month. The monthly payout will be based on whichever of the two measures AA ranks the highest. If we place sixth or better in both metrics in any given month, we will receive one award based on whichever measure earns us a higher payout.

Monthly Ranking: Monthly Award Earned
(Better of Survey America or A+14)
First place - $100
Second or third - $ 50
Fourth, fifth or sixth - $ 25

Again, AIP customer service rewards will be paid each quarter for the previous three months.

With this award structure, all of us could earn as much as $100 a month, paid out quarterly, or up to $1200 for the entire year. If we had offered this award structure in 2002, based on our monthly rankings, you would have earned an additional $450 for the year. Award results would have been similar based on the first nine months of 2003.

<_< My, my, my,--------- I'm not knocking it now, but a.a. could have been more original!!! TWA was doing this a few months before bankrupcy! It works!! Signed: "Just another redheaded step child!"

WOW! With monetary payouts like these, that new Ferrari is not just a dream anymore!

This program was ripped straight out of the TWA operating manual. TWA implemented it as part of Vision2000 (January 2000). Imitation, allegedly, is the highest form of flattery.

Of course, AA had to go and add its typical layers upon layers of complicity dooming what was a highly successful reward program to failure. It was and should be so simple…1st in DOT On-Time, Dependability, and Complaints =$100, 2nd or better in DOT On-Time, Dependability, and Complaints =$75.00 and so on. I will not even comment on less than a top 3 finish.

I for one am just happy to have the chance to get some type of bonus. It does not matter who thought of it first. Lest us all try hard to gain the maximum :up:

<_< I do feel Hunter has a point! a.a. should embrass the K.I.S.S. approach, or as he says, it may be doomed!!!!!For my good friends in TULSA! K.I.S.S.= Keep it simple Stupid!!!!! :p

AIP - Customer Service Component
The customer service component of the AIP will provide awards to eligible employees if we meet at least one of two measurable goals: customer satisfaction and dependability.

Customer satisfaction will be based on American's ranking for "overall travel experience" as measured by Survey America, an independent
survey that rates American and our competitors. [/I]

Uhhh, would that be similar to the independent (wink, wink) company AA used in the APFA RPA fiasco? You remember that independent (wink, wink) company? They allowed APFA/AA to re-open the balloting AFTER they reported/posted that the membership had REJECTED the "cram down" RPA giving APFA/AA to necessary time to manipulate the vote.

Yeah, I'd trust AA and this independent survey company to deliver honest and accurate results.