APA Issues Statements on New Executive Bonuses

Typical Skygod bluster. I guess it's time for "Feed The Pilots" to be dusted off....
Then why did planes continue to fly thru-out the entire APFA strike? If you guys are soooooooo supportive, why didn't you honor the picket lines?
Maybe because the APFA wanted them to?? I'm not saying that the pilots would have honored the F/A picket line if asked but I do remember Denise Hedges saying that it would be better if the planes were flown empty because they would be wasting fuel, thus draining money from AA. In addition, they would be paying salaries and landing fees while only earning revenue from freight, mail, and the few flights carrying passengers staffed with F/A scabs.

If the company offered to take more money from the flight attendants to increase pay for the pilots, I would bet the pilots would be ok with that. The demands made for compensation for extended flying on the DFW-China route last year shows how superior the pilots think they are.

Somehow I get the feeling the Union's on the Property are not on board with the Overland Resource Group Love Fest anymore.

We pay bonuses to keep the top brass from leaving and going to another company, yet all the top brass does is hire some consulting firms instead of running the company themselves for their pay.

Now it appears the consulting firm has created a situation that is not going to get any better anytime soon.

If you guys are soooooooo supportive, why didn't you honor the picket lines?

Because when the APA and APFA consulted, the consensus was that flying empty, fully catered airplanes around the system would exacerbate the losses that AMR was enduring, thus strengthening the Flight Attendants bargaining position.

BTW, I was out there with my wife nearly every day of the strike on the picket line in ORD, carrying a sign and singing out the chants. (how's that for typical Skygod bluster, douchebag?)

Because when the APA and APFA consulted, the consensus was that flying empty, fully catered airplanes around the system would exacerbate the losses that AMR was enduring, thus strengthening the Flight Attendants bargaining position.

BTW, I was out there with my wife nearly every day of the strike on the picket line in ORD, carrying a sign and singing out the chants. (how's that for typical Skygod bluster, douchebag?)
Looks like your high priced education taught you how to say big words like Vagina and douchebag.

Then why did planes continue to fly thru-out the entire APFA strike? If you guys are soooooooo supportive, why didn't you honor the picket lines?

AMR either had a TRO prohibiting a sympathy strike or it was just waiting for the judge to sign it.

Any guess as to how much APA pilots spent on the FA strike through their SPC work. I guess you don't know Slick.

I spent several 14 hour days of my vacation in support of their strike. Many others did as well.

If the company offered to take more money from the flight attendants to increase pay for the pilots, I would bet the pilots would be ok with that. The demands made for compensation for extended flying on the DFW-China route last year shows how superior the pilots think they are.

Quite the opposite MiAAmi. With the AA FA's, number two on the "unofficial inflight" duties list is to come up with an infinite amount of reasons why AA pilots are inferior to the FA's. (one example, the Brazil preflight crew sandwiches-"crew" means FA's, pilots will not be offered any)

Number one on the list is to shove every chocolate from the box meant for 1st class down their throats before gear up. :unsure:

By the way, ask around and see how other airlines handle their Pilot/FA deadhead issues.

Quite the opposite MiAAmi. With the AA FA's, number two on the "unofficial inflight" duties list is to come up with an infinite amount of reasons why AA pilots are inferior to the FA's. (one example, the Brazil preflight crew sandwiches-"crew" means FA's, pilots will not be offered any)

Number one on the list is to shove every chocolate from the box meant for 1st class down their throats before gear up. :unsure:

By the way, ask around and see how other airlines handle their Pilot/FA deadhead issues.

Buy your own damn sandwiches and chocolate.

Cheapskate. :rolleyes:

Why should they "share" the sandwiches, when you get a full meal and they get nothing? So it will make you feel wanted? Give me a break. Keep scouring the airplane for your "free" newspaper. By the way, I don't know what "other" airlines do for deadheading, but I will bet that AA is fairly consistent when compared to US airlines. That still doesn't account for the knife that was thrust in our, APFA's, back in regard to the DFW-PEK extortion demands.

Just curious, do you all eat your young?

I really do have to laugh at this statement.

Obviously, the years have given you a very convenient memory lapse.

There were very few airlines in the industry where relations between the cockpit and the flight attendants were more strained than at TWA.

Compared to the way you fought each other at TWA, this is relative Nirvana.

There were very few airlines in the industry where relations between the cockpit and the flight attendants were more strained than at TWA.
I had a great time with the pilots at TWA. Once again, a few strident loudmouths painted an ugly picture, and you didn't have the perception to see through it.

My dinner groups almost always included both pilots and FA's, even in the end when I went from holding Barcelona to getting Little Rock on reserve.

You seem determined to find a black cloud in every silver lining.

MK

I had a great time with the pilots at TWA. Once again, a few strident loudmouths painted an ugly picture, and you didn't have the perception to see through it.

My dinner groups almost always included both pilots and FA's, even in the end when I went from holding Barcelona to getting Little Rock on reserve.

You seem determined to find a black cloud in every silver lining.

MK

Not in the least. Just responding to Nancy's little barb.

I do remember hearing however about how aggressive the TWA pilots were in crossing your picket lines. At least ours helped us out somewhat when we went on strike.

Why should they "share" the sandwiches, when you get a full meal and they get nothing? So it will make you feel wanted? Give me a break. Keep scouring the airplane for your "free" newspaper. By the way, I don't know what "other" airlines do for deadheading, but I will bet that AA is fairly consistent when compared to US airlines. That still doesn't account for the knife that was thrust in our, APFA's, back in regard to the DFW-PEK extortion demands.

:up: :up: :up:

Not in the least. Just responding to Nancy's little barb.

I do remember hearing however about how aggressive the TWA pilots were in crossing your picket lines. At least ours helped us out somewhat when we went on strike.
:up: :up: :up:

As did many of ours.. Of course, Capt. Bill Compton, (one of my all time favorites, sarcasm intended) pretty much forced his wife to cross. I always thought it "strange" that the labor leaders of another union on the property had crossovers for spouses. Personally, I would have said, "and the horse you rode in on" but then that is why I'm divorced and working in social services and Bill's wife is driving the new Mercedes and living off the spoils of the golden parachute.

In 35 years I have only had a couple of pilots I wanted to hang but they were in control of the aircraft so I refrained.

We all had to come to terms with strike decisions and we have been ok in that area. To work together, to go through Flt 800 together, and to lose our careers together has been the great equalizer.

You are getting way too senstive..My comment was meant "tongue in cheek" due to the contentious exchange.

I really do have to laugh at this statement.

Obviously, the years have given you a very convenient memory lapse.

Compared to the way you fought each other at TWA, this is relative Nirvana.

And how would you know about this? Show us some evidence. Back it up with proof.