Sep 1, 2005
Contract and the South
Visit site
Another American aircraft makes emergency landing in Trinidad
Tuesday, March 7, 2006

by Stephen Cummings
Caribbean Net News Trinidad Correspondent
Email: [email protected]

PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad: An American Airlines Boeing 757 jet was on Monday forced to make an emergency landing at Port of Spain Piarco International Airport in Trindad, the second aircraft to do so in less than three months.

Reports indicate that the plane, with 188 passengers and six crew members, landed safely at 5.41 p.m.

However the airline's officials say American Airlines Flight 166-A , from Piarco to Miami, left Trinidad at about 4.54 p.m., adding that soon after takeoff the pilot radioed back that there was a smoky smell in the cockpit.

The aircraft made an immediate turnaround and headed back to Piarco for an emergency landing. The local fire services were alerted, and emergency appliances were deployed at the airport within a matter of minutes.

This is the second time in less that three months that the local aviation authorities had some nervous moments at the nation's main airport. In January this year another American aircraft had to make an unscheduled landing causing a huge security alert.

The aircraft had been described as an American private carrier, W-W 24 Westwing, from Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Reports say the plane was initially on its way to Barbados but instead found its way to the Port of Spain Piarco International Airport.

Security officials were later informed that the plane's communications system failed, forcing the four member crew to make an emergency landing.

What is up with you guys and "smoky smells in the cockpit?"
I like the title of the article, "Another..." Sounds like you guys talking about NWA. :lol: So what was the problem with this one? My imagination is in overdrive.

What is up with you guys and "smoky smells in the cockpit?"
I like the title of the article, "Another..." Sounds like you guys talking about NWA. :lol: So what was the problem with this one? My imagination is in overdrive.
:down:

The aircraft had been described as an American private carrier, W-W 24 Westwing, from Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Reports say the plane was initially on its way to Barbados but instead found its way to the Port of Spain Piarco International Airport.

Hey, ya dang jerk, if you'd had learned to read before A&P school, you might have figured out that AAL doesn't have any Westwings.

So much for your imagination...

Sheesh!

:angry:

Ignore the troll. It thrives on attention, even negative.

Give him a break,

He's probably a portly underachiever, no doubt despised by anyone who meets him, who in between hours of surfing teen XXX sites while clad only a frayed Speedo, saw what he thought was an opportunity to bring AA maintenance down to his filthy repulsive level.

By now, he has surfed off to other disturbing websites, or in case of computer failure, his inherited stack of old National Geographics. It is a good idea to ignore him, otherwise anyone viewing his posts may be forced to bleach their computers. :p

I know that the reading comprehension level here is a bit below average but I didn't think it was at a kindergarten level. The report is talking about two different aircraft the first being an American Airlines 757 and the other being your "American private carrier, W-W 24 Westwing" three months earlier. Nice “imaginationâ€￾ guys.

Hey, ya dang jerk, if you'd had learned to read before A&P school, you might have figured out that AAL doesn't have any Westwings.
So much for your imagination...
Sheesh!
Nice spin. Boy you AA guys sure are good about keeping your dirt swept under the rug. How many ODI events have you guys had this year that go unnoticed? I would be willing to bet that you guys average one a week. They simply aren’t brought to attention because there isn't a strike going on over there. It's damn obvious you guys are keeping it swept under the rug.