Another Emergency

I think he was just quoting the always heard generalization that pilots are all overpaid ect... And that if it was your but in the back of that airplane those thoughts would not be taking place. Just pointing out the fact that no matter how many times pilots are considered just "bus drivers" they are not. And maybe all that training and experience are actually worth something after all.

Just my take

fr8tmastr said:
I think he was just quoting the always heard generalization that pilots are all overpaid ect... And that if it was your but in the back of that airplane those thoughts would not be taking place. Just pointing out the fact that no matter how many times pilots are considered just "bus drivers" they are not. And maybe all that training and experience are actually worth something after all.

Just my take
[post="250796"][/post]​

The training and experience is not worth much. The airlines would have 200 hour pilots flying as copilots if they could get away with it. And as far as the general public appreciating a crew landing a crippled airplane . . . . well, 30 minutes after their fat lumpy butts are back on the ground, they could care less. You're just an overpaid bus driver again.

fr8tmastr said:

Just my take
[post="250796"][/post]​

Exactly. That's all I meant. Thanks for clarifying it for JS

actually if you are going to compare a Dash driver to a bus driver it should be "underpaid bus driver" As the bus driver tends to make more.

Winglet said:
The training and experience is not worth much. The airlines would have 200 hour pilots flying as copilots if they could get away with it. And as far as the general public appreciating a crew landing a crippled airplane . . . . well, 30 minutes after their fat lumpy butts are back on the ground, they could care less. You're just an overpaid bus driver again.
[post="250798"][/post]​

actually i think their current limit is 250total 50 multi, and a whole mess of them apparantely.....
so your statement is closer to the truth than most people realize
sad sad days....