Another incident

PurduePete

Senior
Jun 15, 2006
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/p...amp;located=RSS

Plane lands safely after gear trouble

ASHWAUBENON — A Northwest Airlines DC-9 plane landed safely Wednesday evening at Austin Straubel International Airport after experiencing trouble with a landing-gear indicator light, according to airport officials.

The incoming flight from Detroit carried 99 passengers and a crew of five, said Tom Miller, airport director.

A safety light on the aircraft indicated one of the landing-gear units was locked while the plane prepared to land, Miller said. The plane flew by the control tower, where staff looked at the gear through binoculars and said it appeared down.

Miller said emergency equipment stood by as the plane prepared to land, which it did without incident at about 7:45 p.m.

Does anyone else notice that the airline doesn't even offer up any excuses when something like this happens anymore? :huh:

Don't worry, Pete...I'm sure the Ministry of Propaganda will have something nice to say about it soon enough.

After all, these things are "normal," right? :down:

Um huh. Low Morale= Bad Attitude = Bad CRM = "Oh Shet"

:down: :down: :down: :down:

You pilots listen to us F/A when we bring up a concern because it could be a very valid one.

Don't worry, Pete...I'm sure the Ministry of Propaganda will have something nice to say about it soon enough.

After all, these things are "normal," right? :down:
:up: Love the "Ministry of Propaganda".....how befitting! At US we call it the Office of SPIN where Company Pravda originates. (Weekly updated printed editions are readily available :lol: )

It is 'all' normal.

UA had a B777 smoked cockpit (Sorry flight deck :p ) anomaly. This barely made the news as Paris was being put in the slammer.

It be all good N'chit now... :p

Um huh. Low Morale= Bad Attitude = Bad CRM = "Oh Shet"

:down: :down: :down: :down:

You pilots listen to us F/A when we bring up a concern because it could be a very valid one.

Huh? What did this have to do with the FAs? Maybe don't drink and type....

they wont ever be repaired because nwa doesnt have any qualified mechanics to fix it! heck they dont have anyone to fix mgmt either

"they wont ever be repaired because nwa doesnt have any qualified mechanics to fix it!"

robbed, of course they won't be fixed because you can't fix what isn't broke. They have been "deactivated". I know that is a big word for you to comprehend so let me break it down for you in some, what I hope is, elementary enough terms for you. The hotplates have been purposely and permanently turned off. The wiring has been disconnected and capped with heatshrink, circuit breakers have been pulled, collard and placarded with “DEACTIVATEDâ€￾ placards. There is no fixing to be done. So when an FA writes up a deactivated hotplate as being inop we get a kick out of it. Then when they complain that we don't fix their deactivated hotplate we get an even bigger kick out of it. So robbed when you learn the difference between "inop" and "deactivated" then you can come here and bash the NWA maintenance program.

"they wont ever be repaired because nwa doesnt have any qualified mechanics to fix it!"

robbed, of course they won't be fixed because you can't fix what isn't broke. They have been "deactivated". I know that is a big word for you to comprehend so let me break it down for you in some, what I hope is, elementary enough terms for you. The hotplates have been purposely and permanently turned off. The wiring has been disconnected and capped with heatshrink, circuit breakers have been pulled, collard and placarded with “DEACTIVATEDâ€￾ placards. There is no fixing to be done. So when an FA writes up a deactivated hotplate as being inop we get a kick out of it. Then when they complain that we don't fix their deactivated hotplate we get an even bigger kick out of it. So robbed when you learn the difference between "inop" and "deactivated" then you can come here and bash the NWA maintenance program.

You sure threw around a lot of "we"s in that statement of yours PTO...and you also defended the NWA maintenance program (there's an oxymoron for you! :D )...sounds to me like you re-upped for another hitch at Scabair. <_<

So when an FA writes up a deactivated hotplate as being inop we get a kick out of it.

What do you mean, "we?" I thought you bailed out a lot long time ago.

Hotplate issue aside, there's plenty of things NWA mechanics *aren't* fixing; just take a look at all the orange stickers in the cabin, the MEL board on the SOC site, LIDS on any given aircraft.....

Jenny@NW is still upset that her deactivated hot plates have yet to be repaired.
No, my alzheimer aflected scab- I was merely talking about the time where the scab put a mel sticker on a deactivated pot. :lol: Nice try. I'm not mad at all, it was pretty funny! :lol:

So when an FA writes up a deactivated hotplate as being inop we get a kick out of it. Then when they complain that we don't fix their deactivated hotplate we get an even bigger kick out of it.
That probably first started to happen when the memo came out about the deactivated ovens and coffee hot plates and the majority of us were on a trip.
By now, after 2 years- you think we figured that out by now? :unsure: I think so. ;)

well pto with you bubmling scabs around, a deactivation of any part of the plane means it is a breoken plane and no the word deactivation is not a huge word for me at all

Latest posts