Another Maintenance Base Closes Under Amfa Watch!

Checking it Out said:
1AA, Since you are aware of this, What are YOU doing about it?
[post="190414"][/post]​

CIO since you seem to be the one that knows many of the issues of the TWU, why don't you get on the horn to the TWU International and ask them or Mr. Little why this is being allowed? I have no contacts in the International or American Eagle Maintenance department. This is an issue that has to be addressed with the TWU and it's AMT's at Miami or wherever else this is happening.

Let me quote the TWU on this one.

"It's not my fight brother"

OR-

"They can do that Brother"

Jim Little should know more about this since he negotiated the last contract at American Eagle. Ask him, not me. If your looking for a debate or arguement look elsewhere.

Name: Bento Ver
Email: [email protected]
Employer: NWA
Station:
Date: Tuesday October 12, 2004
Time: 08:48:03 PM

Comments
Greetings fellow AMFA professionals, (Just saying that makes my butt pucker). (If you're AMFA you know what I'm talking about!) I want to talk about Jeff Mathews "Major Victory" on the FM arbitration. Remember Mathews said this was an Industry first, a major victory, back slaps and kudos' to all the amfanuts were the order of the day. 150 Techs were supposed to come back to work all with hundreds of thousands of dollars of back pay. Fast forward to today, 1. No back pay. 2. Never was 150 recalls. 3. The few who were recalled are being forced to move to Duluth or take another layoff.////////.....///// If that was what AMFA calls a major victory, I hope I never find out what they consider a draw to be! Yikes!

Where's Jim Little response on shared sacrifice?

Do you need a special TWU decoder ring to get an answer?

Hopeful said:
Where's Jim Little response on shared sacrifice?

Do you need a special TWU decoder ring to get an answer?
[post="190461"][/post]​

It would appear that the shared sacrifice you speak of could be happening at AFW and even Kansas City?

The shared sacrfice will be evident soon.

MCI will close by the end of the year.

AA will Layoff 200-300 mechanics in addition to the MCI group and claim they are left over from the original 1397 allowed under the Restructuring Agreement.

MCI Mechanics will be offered an incentive to retire and not bump the system.

And then the TWU will produce a new t-shirt with a new slogan, along with another membership survey to see how you feel about this!

No the answer is what are YOU doing about it!

Every TWU member works three hours a month for the TWU. They fork over the money they earn during those three hours(net) so you can take care of these things. The TWU in effect has the members at just AA donate over 90,000 hours a month to the TWU. But now you claim they need to give you more? What did you accomplish with the 90,000 they already gave? After all arent you getting paid by the members? If they are supposed to go out on their own and take care of everything then why are they paying you? So you can organize rallies on issues that are not directly related to our contract and have cookouts?

Last week the TWU spared no expense to throw Sonny Hall a party. Your President Dennis Burchette went there, he gave a speech. In the meantime you guys claim that you dont have the resources to enforce the contract. Maybe you guys need to get your priorities straight! Maybe for once you could use the members dues to fight for the members instead of sucking up to the International in the hopes of an appointment.

Thats right bob, its always from your view, let someone else do it! Thats why amfa is laying off the highest percentage of members!

Checking it Out said:
Thats right bob, its always from your view, let someone else do it! Thats why amfa is laying off the highest percentage of members!
[post="190903"][/post]​

No the members are paying for a service. You take their money then when they come to you they hear "Well what are YOU going to do about it?". By going to you they just did what they are supposed to do.

When I was in office I delivered, but the International does not want officers that serve the members they want officers that serve the International! You guys are so busy falling all over each other for the International that you leave your members to fend for themselves, and you do what you do with the members money!

Checking it Out said:
[post="190903"][/post]​

I would not push the layoff issue to hard Kevin. Lets see how the TWU really performs in the next few months.

Bob Owens said:
No the members are paying for a service. You take their money then when they come to you they hear "Well what are YOU going to do about it?". By going to you they just did what they are supposed to do.

When I was in office I delivered, but the International does not want officers that serve the members they want officers that serve the International! You guys are so busy falling all over each other for the International that you leave your members to fend for themselves, and you do what you do with the members money!
[post="190907"][/post]​

How many members did you serve?

Everybody remember the layoffs after the 9-11 attacks? Well, guess who's back for the upcoming round of layoffs. Give up? That's right, contract security officers from Blue Line Security started patrolling ATA properties in INDY and familiarizing themselves with the area just in time for the upcoming layoffs next week. What's that you say? Quit starting rumors!! It ain't no rumor boys and girls, it's a fact!!! ATA didn't even tell their own security guards that they were doing this and they found out when the rent-a-cops started patrolling the properties on OCT 11th. So, get your company owned material sorted out into one drawer for easy removal and be sure you can borrow a truck or trailer next week to bring your tool box home.