Another NO vote

I was one who made the decision early to vote for the TA, I thought AA had negotiated in good faith, that this was the best my union could do under the circumstances, that we had a chance to starve off BK. I now know all those things to be FALSE. APFA in its own messed up way has extended voting and allowed for the FIRST time ever! Changes in votes.

I have taken the opportunity to right my wrong. Add one more NO vote for the TA.

I am open to cuts and fair negotiations. If BK court is where we are headed so be it. I have no doubt one way or the other we would be there anyway.

----------------
On 4/15/2003 11:38:34 PM FA Mikey wrote:

I was one who made the decision early to vote for the TA, I thought AA had negotiated in good faith, that this was the best my union could do under the circumstances, that we had a chance to starve off BK. I now know all those things to be FALSE. APFA in its own messed up way has extended voting and allowed for the FIRST time ever! Changes in votes.

I have taken the opportunity to right my wrong. Add one more NO vote for the TA.

I am open to cuts and fair negotiations. If BK court is where we are headed so be it. I have no doubt one way or the other we would be there anyway.

----------------​

Never in my wildest dreams would I think I would be agreeing with you on anything. It looks like the APFA is on the fast track to self-destruction. By trying to push this to a "YES" vote, they are attempting to sell you short. This is dirty union politics and collusion between the union and the company.........but don't get me started on that. After celebrating 24 yrs, I was furloughed on April 1st.

This T/A is unacceptable. It will set the workforce back 20 years. If approved, you will never come close to the contract you presently enjoy........for your entire career!!! AA is attempting to restructure itself so the flying public can have their "cheap" airfares, paid for on the backs of the airline workers.

Stand up for yourself and vote NO. Call and challenge the APFA, and ask why they have illegally extended the voting process. And while your at it, ask why the STL reps are illegally being denied access to BOD conference calls and meetings. The evidence for lawsuits against the APFA are starting to pile up quickly.

As a flight attendant for United, I have long held a deep respect for the flight attendants at American Airlines ever since your strike of ''93. I have envied the solidarity of American F/A''s, not just back then, but also your strike vote numbers that enabled you to obtain your current aggreement. We at United have never had that kind of solidarity, which is why a ten year agreement was ratified by our membership.

I was both shocked and appalled when I saw the highlights of your tentative agreement posted on this board. I consider myself to be rational and do have a sense that airlines are not charities, however, I do feel that what your management has asked for is over-reaching. I believe that as a group, you have fought too long and hard to have your work rules eliminated overnight. Your TA is punitive.

I was greatly relieved when AFA released the details of our TA. While painful, I was very pleased that our MEC negotiating committee worked hard to preserve most of our work rules. I feel that I can live with what is in our TA.

My sense is that American Management is playing hard ball with labor using fear and intimidation to get the "yes" vote.
The negotiations appear to have been rushed and hardly consensual. I think the terms your TA are unacceptable.
If I had to vote, I would have to vote NO and be willing to
risk the consequences. There is a consequence to every choice we make in life. You guys took a big risk back in ''93
...and prevailed. I wish you all the very best of luck, whatever the outcome.

Respectfully,

Jamake