Massive change your vote to NO campaign!!!!!

Apr 15, 2003
Well the AA propaganda and initimidation campaign is in full force attacking aircraft on arrival and invading our layover hotel rooms with intimidating and patronizing leaflets under the door!!!

Like I am going to change my vote based on the plea of some agent who has always been rude or some low-level manager who drinks the AA Kool-Aid???????? And those leaflets, what a joke!! I think they hired the former Iraqi Information Minister, Mohammed Saeed Al-sahhaf, to write them. He already writes all of Jane Allen's hotlines.

I was so excited to listen to my voice mail and open my email when I got to my hotel room tonight!!! There is a massive change your vote NO to Hell NO campaign!! This disaster of a decision to extend the voting period after results were already announced is causing some people to change from Yes To NO. Wasn't it just yesterday AA refused to allow us an extension to revote!!

All emotion aside, I was the one telling co-workers for months that concessions would be necessary. Then AA sits APFA down and holds a gun to their head telling them to accept the insulting TA or else they will file bankruptcy. I am not shocked by AA's bullying - but I will not accept it. Like most of us who voted no - we are not upset at the concessions, but this is what we are mad about

1) Duration. However I would still have voted yes.
2) Pay. OK So in 6 years I will make less than I did before this contract - no way!!
3) Furloughs. OK furloughs are coming - you are taking away the furlough pay but refuse (the APFA told us - they refused) to extend the recall period beyond 5 years or offer pass benefits (which they extended to the pilots). What a slap in the face!
4) AA was 'unavailable' to write contract language the 1st week of April while we were voting. How arrogant. I got my final language on April 14th. Return to sender!!!
5) But what made my vote a NO was the rape of our work rules without a chance to return to them in the future. I could accept all these changes while the company is in its current condition - but years of fighting AMR to watch these rules evaporate in 3 weeks - NO WAY!!!!!!!

Most of all, AMR will file bankruptcy anyway - and now they will try to blame the flight attendants who wouldn't accept their bullying.

Yes or No. Bankruptcy or not. Job or no job - I am still alive, unlike my colleagues from 9/11/01 and 11/12/01 - so I will be fine. I have an education and experience and self-respect. If agents, management, pilots or whoever else would like to tell me to go wait tables or pour coffee - whatever, buh-bye!!!! Get up and get your own coffee - I encourage you to!!

P.S. John Ward, why don't you call Denise and see if she can hook you up with a job.

VOTE NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear Time:

You''ve seem to have hit all the right notes, ( for your age and gender group ). Maybe you''re sharing a room with someone else, when you''re not laying-over. Your largest personal expanse is either your car and cell phone payment. You aren''t married, still playing the field, or don''t plan to, living with your ''domestic'' partner. Can I safely say that you don''t have children and don''t plan any for the foreseeable future?

Your risks are minimal.

Those that voted yes; I believe are on the opposite end of the risk scale.

My heart was on NO; but my head voted YES.

True, the company may still go into bankruptcy later, but a NO vote is also a NO confidence vote, against Carty. Is Tilten doing any better at UAL? NO; they''re operating on fumes right now, Sadly; SARS will end their glorious run in Aviation history.(Do we really need a new CEO, who doesn''t know his assets from his elbow, to come in and run the company at the Creditors behest? )

The war is winding down, Wall Street, the Banks all trust Carty. Let''s give the Canadian more time.

AMR is still the largest, and in the airline industry SIZE DOES MATTER. Let''s keep it that way.

I''m calling the NRLA today. This is illegal in every way. The fact that the supervisors are being paid to pass out leaflets, and the hotels are baraging f/a''s on their layovers, is blatent VOTE TAMPERING. And isn''t it IRONIC that as the company starts the fear campaign, the union website goes down? Can you say COLLUSION?

I hold John Ward PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE.

I think our next president needs to come from one of the 5 chairs that said NO to this farce of an extension! And I don''t want to wait for the next election to see this happen!!!

----------------
On 4/16/2003 9:01:00 AM AAquila wrote:

AMR is still the largest, and in the airline industry SIZE DOES MATTER. Let's keep it that way.

----------------​
If that were the case, Southwest would be the largest airline in the world. It's not size that counts, it's the way you use what you have.

----------------
On 4/16/2003 1:36:54 AM timetosaybuhbye wrote:

Yes or No. Bankruptcy or not. Job or no job - I am still alive, unlike my colleagues from 9/11/01 and 11/12/01 - so I will be fine. I have an education and experience and self-respect. If agents, management, pilots or whoever else would like to tell me to go wait tables or pour coffee - whatever, buh-bye!!!! Get up and get your own coffee - I encourage you to!!

----------------​

This paragraph says it all. The flight attendants at AA are doing what the rest of us (I work for US) didn't have the balls to do...you're standing up for yourselves and the memory of those our profession lost on 9/11. Has everyone forgotten Barbara Arestegusi, Karen Martin, Amy Sweeney, Betty Ong, etc.? They were heroes who stood up to REAL danger and gave the ultimate sacrifice. Management and the general public has forgotten what happenend that morning...the first American to die during the attacks of September 11 was an American Airlines flight attendant. Remember that.

----------------
On 4/16/2003 9:01:00 AM AAquila wrote:

AMR is still the largest, and in the airline industry SIZE DOES MATTER. Let''s keep it that way.

----------------​

AMR is only the largest because they bought TWA to get bigger than UAL. (that was a good move ) Don''t try to intimidate the voters by insulting Time''s intelligence and everyone else''s for that matter.

----------------
On 4/16/2003 8:59:21 AM CLTBWIDAYSYR wrote:

This paragraph says it all. The flight attendants at AA are doing what the rest of us (I work for US) didn''t have the balls to do...you''re standing up for yourselves and the memory of those our profession lost on 9/11. Has everyone forgotten Barbara Arestegusi, Karen Martin, Amy Sweeney, Betty Ong, etc.? They were heroes who stood up to REAL danger and gave the ultimate sacrifice. Management and the general public has forgotten what happenend that morning...the first American to die during the attacks of September 11 was an American Airlines flight attendant. Remember that.
----------------​
I hope that there are more people than just me on this board who are personally offended by any flight attendants who try to compare their current plight to those onboard flights 11 and 77. Those people were innocent victims who LOST THEIR LIVES. Their families are missing loved ones today because of what happenned. You, on the other hand, are bellyaching about a squeeze on your paychecks and work hours. And you have the gall to raise your personal comfort to the same level of importance as their loss of life? You''ve crossed the line.

CONNECTED1;
"TRY THIS ON FOR SIZE" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM "NOT" A APFA F/A !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I USE TO COMMUTE ON THE BUS TO LOGAN AIRPORT WITH THE LATE BETTY ONG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I loved(as an employee) AND DEEPLY MISS, BETTY ONG.

BETTY ONG STOOD UP FOR PRINCIPLE, AND PAID DEARLY FOR IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE(majority) of APFA MEMBERS ARE STANDING UP FOR "PRINCIPLE" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU HAVE ANY MORE COMMENTS, CONNECTED1, I"M RIGHT HERE TO RESPOND TO YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"How do you like me NOW", connected1 ???????????????????

GOD BLESS APFA, AND THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NH/BB''s
(TW-Useless)

----------------
On 4/16/2003 10:40:14 AM NewHampshire Black Bears wrote:

CONNECTED1;

I USE TO COMMUTE ON THE BUS TO LOGAN AIRPORT WITH THE LATE BETTY ONG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BETTY ONG STOOD UP FOR PRINCIPLE, AND PAID DEARLY FOR IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE(majority) of APFA MEMBERS ARE STANDING UP FOR "PRINCIPLE" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU HAVE ANY MORE COMMENTS, CONNECTED1, I"M RIGHT HERE TO RESPOND TO YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NH/BB''s
(TW-Useless)

----------------​
You''re doing yourself a lot of damage on these boards today, NHBB.

----------------
On 4/16/2003 9:11:33 AM Connected1 wrote:

I hope that there are more people than just me on this board who are personally offended by any flight attendants who try to compare their current plight to those onboard flights 11 and 77.

----------------​

It trivializes their deaths, and is nothing short of shameless.

Too much of the rhetoric is getting to that point lately.

I suggest everyone walk away from their PC''s now, and go turn on HBO or something else that is totally unrelated to war or bankruptcy for the next 12 hours...

E

----------------
On 4/16/2003 11:52:00 AM eolesen wrote:

It trivializes their deaths, and is nothing short of shameless.

Too much of the rhetoric is getting to that point lately.

I suggest everyone walk away from their PC''s now, and go turn on HBO or something else that is totally unrelated to war or bankruptcy for the next 12 hours...

E

----------------​

Puhleeeze!!!!!!! And let you loose alone? I don''t think so!

----------------
On 4/16/2003 10:59:23 AM Connected1 wrote:

----------------
On 4/16/2003 10:40:14 AM NewHampshire Black Bears wrote:

CONNECTED1;

NH/BB''s
(TW-Useless)

----------------​
You''re doing yourself a lot of damage on these boards today, NHBB.

----------------​

Connect1,
Do you care to tell us ALL, on these public boards, how I''m doing "damage to myself", by responding to your "retoric" ?
This is an open forum !!

I DID NOT use the good name of "MY" deceased friend to make a "point", YOU DID !!

I spoke the truth !

You made the first reference to MY friend Ms. Ong.

I responded that She was my friend.
I responded that I was NOT a member of APFA.

No matter what todays results are, as far as this thread is concerned, YOU lost your CREDIBILITY, not me !!!!!!!!!!

NH/BB''s

NHBB,

Re-read the posts, you semi-literate fool. Connected was not the first to use these FA's names in this thread. Any legitimacy you ever held on to despite your horrid grammar and syntax has been washed away in the flood of your completely unintelligent, uneducated and baseless posts.

It's time to back away from the Caps Lock and Quotation keys.

Out of anyone here, you should be the most scared of losing a job. On the open market, your skill set would certainly command at least 6 or 7 dollars an hour. There is currently a huge demand in the market for guys who are experts at loading bags and dumping aircraft lavatories.

Unless of course, you can parlay your skill at cleaning tray tables into an extra $1 hour at the local quickie mart.

Latest posts