Another Philly Phan Story

Bob,

I can only guess that "Victoria" was able to "Service" you better than ANY MAINLINE F/A therefore you have credited her !!!! Trust me I don't mean that In a Rude sense.... I can only imagine that She was able to fill your glass when it was empty !!!!

JonC-
I have fortunatly, never worked in PHL, and I remember going thru simular episodes. Just curious, how did you get out of CS?

Art and ALL: I have heard from quite a few of the Allegheny flight crews that the F/As are quitting in large numbers. I could only imagine that it is the fact that it has to deal with the way they're and the rest of the US employees are being treated but I do not know the true circumstances.

AKA_trvlr64 said:
Art,

We all LOVE :rolleyes: USAirways, but you wasted too much time in trying to get home on them. From PHL to your home on Long Island, even in bad weather, is really not that far. I've driven from PHL to PIT just to get home, and faced the Allegheny mountains in snowstorms.

My friend you need to quit being so nice to US. It ain't worth it. GO HOME!! ;)
AKA,

Believe me I tried--the Army-Navy Game was Sat and there were no rental cars. I would have gladly driven home.

Some of the people who couldn't be reaccommodated after the flight cancellation yesterday morning were bussed to LGA, but we actually arrived before they did--I shared a ride with one of those passengers.

I tried other airlines as well, without luck.

Anyway--be glad you missed RSNA--it was a big yawn.

Best regards!!

Art please don't take this the wrong way because you seem like a really classy guy but I have never quite understood why you put up with the hassles of changing planes in PHL and all the other drama to get from Long Island (I assume from the ISP in your handle) to upstate NY by plane. Especially when a snowstorm is forecast. Why don't you take the train?

I suppose if the U operation is operating on all cylinders the plane is faster but on balance it seems like the train would be less hassle and on some trips, faster. And I don't think the fares would be as astronomical, either.

Bear96 said:
Art please don't take this the wrong way because you seem like a really classy guy but I have never quite understood why you put up with the hassles of changing planes in PHL and all the other drama to get from Long Island (I assume from the ISP in your handle) to upstate NY by plane. Especially when a snowstorm is forecast. Why don't you take the train?

I suppose if the U operation is operating on all cylinders the plane is faster but on balance it seems like the train would be less hassle and on some trips, faster. And I don't think the fares would be as astronomical, either.
Bear,

You have a valid point, unfortunately ROC was an addon visit on my way back from ORD where I had been since the previous Saturday. If you know me from the past, sometimes I even drive when I have the time.

In this case I didn't have a choice my friend. And yes ISP is Long Island. It was a mess and I will get over it, but Express is not on my Christmas list right now ;)

Much more important than how I was inconvenienced is the breakdown of the operation and other issues. Imagine how other customers who are less knowlegeable or who are not as loyal will feel when they make their next choice of air carrier...it doesn't help at all, and some if not most of the operational errors are avoidable.

My best to you all.....

I hate how U's FAs- who time and again have been praised and even called the best in the industry, are always compared to LCC FAs. You would think WN FAs are laying golden eggs in the aisle.

WN FAs currently make more than U FAs, and dont forget the profit sharing and management that treats them halfway human.

Victoria and others aside, I think pay does play a major factor in an operation, especially when you have employees in the same job working near each other, wearing the same uniform, sometimes working more and in poor conditions (Express), making half the pay of your ML counterpart.

Philadelphia's notorious F Terminal, and even PIT's Express ops lately seem to prove this point well. Minimum wage jobs also dont usually attract the most motivated or smart people (and I mean smart, not educated as they are two different things. You dont need to be eductated to be successful, you need to be smart.) Low wages and poor work rules also bring terrible morale and very high turnover, which results in constantly inexperienced workforces. I think you will find this to be true more often than not at commuter airlines.

Bob, I know your sweetheart is in the fast food industry and from your reports is a great manager and worker. But for the most part, when I go to Mickey Ds or Jack in the Box the service is not pleasant. When I go to an upscale resturant, it most likely is. Is it just the "positive work atmosphere" or could it be related to the wages and the workers that will accept them, and the effort they put forth?