Another Brilliant Phl Manager

crushed

Senior
May 26, 2003
Visit site
If you are on the 520 am PHL-CLT don't check a bag....not that you would anyway.

The PHL Ramp Duty Manager and Shift Manger both told the Ramp Supervisor to scratch 40 originating bags on the 520 am CLT this morning so that it would go out on time. Apparrently, the Supervisor said "write me up.....I'm taking the bags."
The flight left 3 minutes late.

TSA doesn't start screening the bags until 4:30 so the bags come out late for that flight every morning.
The latest (mis)management decision in PHL is to leave the bags to get the flight out on time....they don't even want to hold for a couple of minutes.

BTW...80% of PHL ramp management has less than 1yr with the company.

:shock:

Gee Whiz, a more prudent management decison would be to have the schedule changed so the flight could leave at 0530. The flight would be on time and the customers bags would be with them. If you can't get TSA to start earlier, then adjust the damn schedule for cryin out loud!

:rolleyes:

Something of that nature does not fall within the grounds of current management thinking. It's all about get the planes out on time...with or without passengers OR bags......Another brilliant Al C idea...... :down:

lol:

WCG, That's for sure. That was my point. Simple methods of making intelligent management decisions are not part of the mindset of the management JG's we have at the helm. One can only hope that Doug Parker truly wants to run a successful airline. He can start by taping into the years of experience that is still working for this company. (Barely) Oxygen is running dangerously low, but there is a chance this can work.

B)

Squonk said:
:shock:

Gee Whiz, a more prudent management decison would be to have the schedule changed so the flight could leave at 0530. The flight would be on time and the customers bags would be with them. If you can't get TSA to start earlier, then adjust the damn schedule for cryin out loud!

:rolleyes:
[post="286307"][/post]​
That doesnt always work because at my station a few months back prior to being laid off, we were given a 545a flt, followed immediately by a 605 am flt then a 7a flt and a 715a flt. the manager tried in vain to get rid of the 545a flt and it failed.
so the plane went out late 5 out of 7 times and the plane was a 50 seat crj and it went out may be with 5 people

Squonk said:
lol:

WCG, That's for sure. That was my point. Simple methods of making intelligent management decisions are not part of the mindset of the management JG's we have at the helm. One can only hope that Doug Parker truly wants to run a successful airline. He can start by taping into the years of experience that is still working for this company. (Barely) Oxygen is running dangerously low, but there is a chance this can work.

B)
[post="286310"][/post]​

At AWA, bags may be loaded after the push if it is allowed at the airport and capt agrees. The bins are closed early, push, then load if there are late bags. That way you show an ontime push. It's a Chinese fire drill but it works and everyone is better for it. ;)

crushed said:
If you are on the 520 am PHL-CLT don't check a bag....not that you would anyway.

The PHL Ramp Duty Manager and Shift Manger both told the Ramp Supervisor to scratch 40 originating bags on the 520 am CLT this morning so that it would go out on time. Apparrently, the Supervisor said "write me up.....I'm taking the bags."
The flight left 3 minutes late.

BTW...80% of PHL ramp management has less than 1yr with the company.
[post="286261"][/post]​
And....Rest assured that the Duty and Shift managers were following strict instructions from CCY(IDIOTS). The flight arrived exactly 2 mins late into CLT. Not only were hundreds of dollars in baggage delivery costs avoided but, also an immeasurable amount of customer disatisfaction as well. I am sure Hawk and USA320 are saddened that the bags were loaded. I am also sure they don't work in the baggage service office.

Squonk said:
lol:

B)
[post="286310"][/post]​
HP in LAS on any given weekend evening would make PHL on it's worst day look like a swiss watch.

barbeetantrums said:
At AWA, bags may be loaded after the push if it is allowed at the airport and capt agrees. The bins are closed early, push, then load if there are late bags. That way you show an ontime push. It's a Chinese fire drill but it works and everyone is better for it. ;)
[post="286334"][/post]​
Sure, except you'll never address the root cause(s) of the problem.

barbeetantrums said:
[post="286334"][/post]​

On the US fleet - or at least the 737's - reopening the bins triggers an in time (cancelling the OT departure) and another out time is triggered after the bins are reclosed and the aircraft moves again.

Jim

BoeingBoy said:
On the US fleet - or at least the 737's - reopening the bins triggers an in time (cancelling the OT departure) and another out time is triggered after the bins are reclosed and the aircraft moves again.

Jim
[post="286351"][/post]​
I think it also trggers that on the airbus as well but im not sure. we did it a couple of times

Latest posts