Another Vf Offered

jimntx said:
Isn't anyone beside me a little curious that here we have the "savior" of U in the form of this merger and before it's even completed, a furlough is being considered?
[post="281795"][/post]​

AWA is NOT the savior of US Airways. The 49% of investors of the combined US/AWA are the saviors. AWA doesn't have controlling interest. The large group of investors are in charge now. AWA needs these investors to survive as much as US.

DCAflyer,
Yes, 8 weeks.Yes, you have to pay for your own lodging. U's training was 6 weeks. We had 757,767,737,(300&400) 319,320,321,330, md-80, DC-9, and we even had metro jet training thrown in there. that all was 6 weeks. They are hiring for sure in September. Actually, the class is probably from the classes that were cancelled because of the merger news. But, now they are gonna presume hiring again.

xoxo said:
They are hiring for sure in September. Actually, the class is probably from the classes that were cancelled because of the merger news. But, now they are gonna presume hiring again.
[post="282067"][/post]​

Well if thats the case then they must know something we don't (as far as all of their most junior f/as will be safe after the merger). Surely they wouldn't just
start new hire classes until the merger is complete. Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm. The more this merger gets closer the more i think our
invol f/as are gonna get screwed! Trust me...i sure hope i am wrong about that feeling!!! (and yes im well aware of that DOH clause)

cltflyguy said:
Well if thats the case then they must know something we don't (as far as all of their most junior f/as will be safe after the merger). Surely they wouldn't just
start new hire classes until the merger is complete. Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm. The more this merger gets closer the more i think our
invol f/as are gonna get screwed! Trust me...i sure hope i am wrong about that feeling!!! (and yes im well aware of that DOH clause)
[post="282078"][/post]​

Our Invols WILL NOT get screwed.

What do you think? The AFA MEC is on some kind of summer vacation break? Our folks will not get the shaft. We are paying very close attention to our seniority issues.

PITbull said:
Our Invols WILL NOT get screwed.

What do you think? The AFA MEC is on some kind of summer vacation break? Our folks will not get the shaft. We are paying very close attention to our seniority issues.
[post="282086"][/post]​
thanks PITbull. I am so happy, and so are many others, that the AFA are noticing us instead of forgetting. We at MAA are paying attention to everything and we won't let nothing slip by us.

firstamendment said:
AWA is NOT the savior of US Airways. The 49% of investors of the combined US/AWA are the saviors. AWA doesn't have controlling interest. The large group of investors are in charge now. AWA needs these investors to survive as much as US.
[post="282057"][/post]​

Exactly, anyone thinking that AWA can survive alone with the way the industry is, is simply crazy. US needs AWA just a little more than AWA needs US, but it doesn't really matter because in the end neither can survive alone.

It is a merger, not a takeover....onlything staying the same is the name....but at least we will have new colors and kinda a new logo.

osunut said:
Exactly, anyone thinking that AWA can survive alone with the way the industry is, is simply crazy. US needs AWA just a little more than AWA needs US, but it doesn't really matter because in the end neither can survive alone.

It is a merger, not a takeover....onlything staying the same is the name....but at least we will have new colors and kinda a new logo.
[post="282099"][/post]​
Do you know what the new colors and logo are going to be for sure??

xoxo said:
DCAflyer,
Yes, 8 weeks.Yes, you have to pay for your own lodging. U's training was 6 weeks. We had 757,767,737,(300&400) 319,320,321,330, md-80, DC-9, and we even had metro jet training thrown in there. that all was 6 weeks. They are hiring for sure in September. Actually, the class is probably from the classes that were cancelled because of the merger news. But, now they are gonna presume hiring again.
[post="282067"][/post]​

Don't forget the F100 and the 737-200, and then if you were transatlantic you had to go back for a week.

This is being discussed on the HP board too. There should be a (voluntary) job offer at America West, as new hires, for US invol furloughees. They would return to the US side when recalled.

It benefits all...

US Airways MAA and invol furloughed F/As would have a better job offer than (pfft) Republic, that doesn't conflict with thier status as a U F/A.

America West gets proven and experienced F/As and doesn't have to hire people who will only be furloughed after the merger.

The new US Airways will have a group of F/As with experience on both sides of the operation, which can only be good for the culture of the airline.

AFA gets guinea pigs that know the contract of both carriers well and can help choose which items to pursue for the combined airline.

Light years,

While it sounds reasonable for f/as to be recalled at AWA off the INVOL list first, (instead of them hiring off the street), would the recalled f/as take on a new DOH? Even if they would begin acrruing longevity by going to AWA vs. staying on the INVOL list for what maybe years?

In a perfect scenerio of AWA taking f/as from the INVOL list (which would NOT please the AWA f/as who are 40% junior to our most junior), they won't get to dictate which provisions to negotiate with AWA managment. I can assure you that the INVOL f/as currently have NO idea what the LTO, etc, new provisions of hell are about at USAirways. Just ask the 42 recalled f/as of May that went to LGA. They scream at AFA on why the hell didn't any one tell them they were recalled to "Hell".
Its nothing like what they left back in 2001, 2002. And I don't believe anyone has been INVOL furloughed since before 2003.

AWA managment is going for the most cost savings they can garner, and we anticipate a major long negotiations which I am sure will be backed by the AFA AWA f/as that surely don't want our latest concessionary provisions in many, many areas that their contract does much better.

Good points PITbull... in the situation I would say the invols would take on a new-hire DOH (with HP) for use on the HP side until either thier DOH is recalled to the US side or when the fence came down and they would return to thier DOH anyway. It's unprecedented I'm sure, and extremely unlikely, but it would eliminate future furloughs (of future new hire HP F/As), and bring US F/As back to work in some capacity if they chose to.

You are absolutely correct about the handful of recalled to LGA F/As. Reserve at mainline (particularly LGA) IS hell these days, and mainline is not what it was when the invols left. Alot of them wish they could go back to thier block at MAA.

firstamendment said:
[post="282057"][/post]​

Please refert to the Agreement and Plan of Merger that was submitted to the Bankrupcy Court http://www.donlinrecano.net/dr201/mwc/04-1...002160-0003.pdf
You will note that America West Holdings Corporation is referred to as the "surviving carrier" repeatedly through pages 1 thru 4. This document is required reading for everyone. Remember that Doug Parker was the one out there glad-handing and butt-smooching these investors. Mr. Lakefield was not to be seen. Dougums saved the day. Hurray for Dougums!