F/a Vol Furl Limited Recall

PSA1979

Senior
Jan 15, 2003
www.usaviation.com
Dated today Mar 7 at 1633 hours: The Company is offering A Voluntary Furlough with Limited Recall (VFLR) Program, under which qualifying f/a's may voluntarily furlough (due to lack of work) from US Airways with limited recall rights in exchange for a cash payment and certain travel benefits for themselves and eligible family members. There may be tax consequences associated with the use of thes travel benefits.

In order to qualify for the Program, an employee must have been in an active status as of December 1, 2004 and must be in an active status as of his/her awarded VFLR release date (ie>, June 1, Sep 1, or Dec 2, 2005) to be eligible for a VFLR...........

Good news for those that have been waiting to leave!

sound-of-music.jpg

So long! Farewell, dadadadadada....! :)

Get those recalls going!!!!

PSA1979 said:
Dated today Mar 7 at 1633 hours: The Company is offering A Voluntary Furlough with Limited Recall (VFLR) Program, under which qualifying f/a's may voluntarily furlough (due to lack of work) from US Airways

im not sure i follow.....Are you saying that the company is offering a VFLR to people because they are not making their time? If so....then that doesn't
sound very positive to a person who might be recalled if there are 500 (amount to be offered) that aren't making their time each month.

A total of only 500? How many signed up for the early retirement?

PSA1979 said:
Here's the numbers that they are offering from the HUB:

June 1 - 200

Sept 1 - 100

Dec 2  - 200
[post="253493"][/post]​

What happened to VFNR- no recall? What does limited recall rights mean?

Is this seperate from the VFNR? It's seperate from early retirements as well?

I just want to know how many peeps are leaving and how many may be going back.

I have been watching this very closely. Especially being on the ITD and being such a senior group I have honestly never heard of the VFNR. That is not even in our Re-Re-Restructured agreement. I will say though, that we all have reason to piss and moan but now is the time to take that job elsewhere. If you wanna go here is your chance. The new agreement also states that all who want it will get it. If more sign up for it than is offered they cannot guarantee u/c benefits dependent on how many already out extend their leave. "got me" but thats what it says. The numbers stated above from on "the hub" are projections. All who apply will be granted it but it will fall in seniority order. I can't wait to see how many take it. I have a few in mind that I "HOPE" do......LOL

Over 350 took the ERI, but 2/3 will put their retirment in for Dec. 31.

500 are projected by the company as the number to exceed in order for this VFLR program to be offered again.

There was A voluntary separation in the early proposals, however, the UE benefit folks would not allow for unemployment worded in that manner.

Since the VFLR has an end date (limited recall rights) the participant of this program is eligible for unemployment, as long as the company is not in "recall mode". The moment they need to recall, unemployment will no longer be offered.

They will still have to offer u/c benefits even if a recall is in effect for they have to recall on Invol and voluntary first. Then they will not offer. By then the 26 weeks will have been over by a few years. LOL....... The offer is actually a real joke but if those that wanna go and take it I wish the best. As I stated before, there a few on Int'l that I would personally like to give a ride out of here. Man they are wack jobs.

It is just so crazy that the company is offering all these different ways for the f/a's to leave and they still continue to stay but all they do is bi#$% and moan about how they hate it at U and moral is at a low and so on and so on..but ...there are 2000 furloughed (not sure of the amount) that would jump at the chance to come back. I would go in a heartbeat. Everyone I know would go. We want to come back and make this airline survive. Does anyone in CCY know this??? Are they undeerstanding that there are employees that do wanna be there and come back and fly????

In addition to the involuntary flight attendants eager to come back to this mess of a company that we love there are the junior flight attendants that would be more than eager to take the blocks from the flight attendants that are doing all the moaning. I just got into it with one on the Pittsburgh employee bus after my commute back home from the wonderful land of PHL........I couldn't take it anymore. There are soooo many ways now to leave. Many will still stay though because I believe that some "have nothing else". They do all of their socializing at work and they revolve life around it. I'm going into my 8th year in july and have tossed the idea around of taking the VFLR, but naaaaaah. All we can do is wait and see.... I hope to see alot of invol's around soon though. It will be good for all of us.

In my last post when I said it would be good to see alot more invol's around here, I meant the ones that are on invol comming back. I didn't mean invol furlough more f/a's......just to clarify. :D

xoxo said:
It is just so crazy that the company is offering all these different ways for the f/a's to leave and they still continue to stay but all they do is bi#$% and moan about how they hate it at U and moral is at a low and so on and so on..but ...there are 2000 furloughed (not sure of the amount) that would jump at the chance to come back. I would go in a heartbeat. Everyone I know would go. We want to come back and make this airline survive. Does anyone in CCY know this??? Are they undeerstanding that there are employees that do wanna be there and come back and fly????
[post="253579"][/post]​

xoxo,

Everything hasn't shaken out yet. There are people who are ready to retire who may actually take the 10K rather than the few hundred a month spread out over years. When you think about it, it could be a risk for them if they retire and the company folds and they only got their monthly stipend for a few months. Under these programs, there are two ways to retire and get paid out.

Hopefully the company will release the actual figures buyouts when the process is completed.

Light Years said:
What happened to VFNR- no recall? What does limited recall rights mean?

Is this seperate from the VFNR? It's seperate from early retirements as well?

I just want to know how many peeps are leaving and how many may be going back.
[post="253520"][/post]​
Light,

A limited recall is a one shot time to come back to the company, when they need you to, as a NEW HIRE. You would start at bottom pay, at the bottom of the seniority list.

Before anyone says, "Hey, that is not fair". They are receiving a buy-out. How many other companies offer you a buy-out and allow you a chance down the road to come back? NONE.

Latest posts