F/a Vol Furl Limited Recall

cltflyguy said:
Objective

"In accordance with the Transformation Plan Agreement between AFA and the Company, the Voluntary Furlough Limited Recall (VFLR) Program will provide an opportunity for certain Flight Attendants to accept a voluntarily furlough (due to lack of work) from US Airways with limited recall rights in exchange for a cash payment and certain travel benefits, thereby reducing the number of involuntary
furloughs".

So after reading this statement......it sounds to me there will be more furloughs
coming if people do not sign up for this or am i misreading it?
[post="253902"][/post]​

There will not be anymore involuntary furloughs. We loss about 75-100 flight attendants a month and many many many people want out. This won't be a problem. :up:

Twicebaked said:
There will not be anymore involuntary furloughs. We loss about 75-100 flight attendants a month and many many many people want out. This won't be a problem. :up:
[post="253921"][/post]​

Plus PitBull has explicitly said that the company wants the senior people out and the furloughed people back. I think she went so far as implying that the company wants all the furloughed people to come back. Seems to me the company wants this as much as anyone else since it will take probably less than a year to recoup the $10,000 per VFLR.

Hopefully this plan will work for all of us. I wish the senior people the best of luck in forming their decision. Hopefully I'll be packing my bags and going to DCA again :)

DCAflyer said:
My understaning, and PitBull can correct me if I am wrong, is that it is a BUYOUT but AFA wanted it worded in such a way that those taking the buyout (aka VFLR) might be able to collect unemployment benefits. This is what the company and the union came up with. It's not so much to keep the door open, or even a benefit to the company, as much as it is a way to possibly give people UC benefits.
[post="253836"][/post]​

That's it in a "nutshell".

jimntx said:
That explains the voluntary furlough side of my question, but on the other thread about the forced transfers to LGA (later rescinded), it was stated by someone (pitbull??) that people on involuntary furlough would be recalled to fill the vacancies at LGA.  How can there be too many flight attendants and too few at the same time?
[post="253871"][/post]​

Company spared us of the hardship of "displacing" at this time. Thus, the reason for the rescind. AFA argued not to displace these f/as mostly out of PHL, who would have experienced a 2nd displacment in a little over a year, only to possibly get displaced again, once the VFLRs have their "first" release.

This rescind won't eliminate fisplacements completely, but it will postpone the hardship for now.

cltflyguy said:
Objective

"In accordance with the Transformation Plan Agreement between AFA and the Company, the Voluntary Furlough Limited Recall (VFLR) Program will provide an opportunity for certain Flight Attendants to accept a voluntarily furlough (due to lack of work) from US Airways with limited recall rights in exchange for a cash payment and certain travel benefits, thereby reducing the number of involuntary
furloughs".

So after reading this statement......it sounds to me there will be more furloughs
coming if people do not sign up for this or am i misreading it?
[post="253902"][/post]​

Trust, there will be many more than 500 signing up to split this scene.

BMIBABYgirl737 said:
Hopefully this plan will work for all of us. I wish the senior people the best of luck in forming their decision. Hopefully I'll be packing my bags and going to DCA again :)
[post="254142"][/post]​

I'm with you and xoxo sister! We'll be happy to take the airline over... we were taught well by some of the best in the business, and wish them the best as they move on.

As for the worst in the business (not as many as the great ones), Get the @#%* out, we'll take that jumpseat thank you very much. :D

As I join you all in wishing the folks that leave the best I have to say I can't wait to get this thing turning around as we......our f/a jobs that is. I myself am in PHL and live in PIT. Getting back to PIT....like that will ever happen but I'm hopefull..... the dreamer that I am.