Any New SWA Routes by the End of '06.

While I appreciate the fact that you are calling WN a good airline. The reality of most of those people actually being hired onto WN without affecting their families is not probable.

True, but dont you think the paycuts are affecting their families as we speak? Are they better off staying on the deck of a sinking ship or bearing the discomfort of a lifeboat?

What does this have to do with the topic?? :blink:

What did anyone post that suggests that SWA is getting "comfortable"?? <_<

Maybe, in a topic devoted to your supposition, you could answer your own question as to, "why do I believe...". :rolleyes:

I'm glad to know what we're doing with the remaining deliveries for '06. The DAL-Missouri runs have been very successful, and the Tahoe run is just in time for the ski season. I know we're looking to hire 200 pilots for the remainder of the year, and with a friend getting his type rating, I'm glad growth is still on the way.

Dont mind him. The fact is that SWA has been around and been successful for a lot longer than they have had fuel hedges. The hedges are a product of their sucessful management not the cause.(AMRs Arpey reportedly sold off AAs hedges, calling them a "waste of money") Good business decisions and the philosphy of having the employees share in succcess is what makes SWA successful, unlike other carriers.

Keep growing! Its good to see the "good guys" winning.

why would you want to see the demise of an airline that is going to affect thousands of american workers and their families? :down:

See at SWA you don't have the corporate greed like the big boys do. AA, UA, NW and DL have a bunch of money hungry idiots running the show. All the dough is for them and not the employees. Employees give concessions (some not legally) and the CEO's and other top executives reap the benefits!

Yes, I hope NW ends up in Chapter 7.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!

I read over on AIR.ner that SWA has acquired/leased an additional -700. Any idea when it may come online and additional routes/flights we may see? just my thoughts.....
That would be the Ford -700 that flew in Germany as an employee shuttle. It should be online by mid-Oct. It will then be taken off the schedule about Jan 15th so it can be Southwesterized. It currently only seats 128, has no HGS, the aft lav is in a different locations, and a few other differences.

Getting back to the original question: Will SWA be adding any more new routes before the end of this year?

Does anyone have any idea if Southwest has yet made a profit at any or all of their last 5 or 6 major new cities?

Does anyone have any idea if Southwest has yet made a profit at any or all of their last 5 or 6 major new cities?
Ahh, looking to prove that PHL/PIT/MDW is a bust.
Problem is that no airline breaks things out that way.

:D So just assume, YES!! and move along. :lol:

Can whoever has that cool, 'sense of humor beta' signature apply it here. I'm sure there will be those that need it.

Hey guys. Can we lighten up on the flame throwing. I was just trying to dig up any rumors or talk about what might be happening soon.

I read over on AIR.ner that SWA has acquired/leased an additional -700. Any idea when it may come online and additional routes/flights we may see? just my thoughts.....

To add to what was mentioned earlier, that's the former VP-BBT (now re-registered as N270WN) that came from Ford. It has a sister ship, VP-BBU, but I can't confirm that we're getting that one also. Maybe yes, maybe no, but I suspect yes.

N270WN is currently in an all-white scheme, and has been bouncing from hangar to hangar as they convert it to our configuration. My information is that it'll have SWA seats and galleys in it before entering service, and it's supposed to go to PAE for paint in another week or so. The winglets and HUD will be installed during the aircraft's scheduled check in January.

I'm also hearing that between October and January, N270WN will be on a fixed routing to keep it close to DAL, and will not freely roam the system as other -700s do. Once it gets winglets and HUD in January, it'll get routed like any other -700.

Hey, sorry I missed you in DAL the other week when I was in training. We spoke via IM on the "other" forum.

N270WN is the sister ship to N713WN and came down the assembly line side by side of you go by Line Number of both aircraft.

If you have access to Wizard you should take alook at the hrs and cycles compared to the 2 aircraft. Its an eye opener for sure.

If you don't have Wizard walk over in the corner and have the Mx Controllers look it up for you.

*Poster formally known as "Some Clown" *

To add to what was mentioned earlier, that's the former VP-BBT (now re-registered as N270WN) that came from Ford. It has a sister ship, VP-BBU, but I can't confirm that we're getting that one also. Maybe yes, maybe no, but I suspect yes.

Last week one of the Asst. Chiefs told us in the lounge that SWA has picked up the other -700 from Ford.

Correction to post #29
"N270WN is the sister ship to N713WN and came down the assembly line side by side of you go by Line Number of both aircraft"

It should be noted that its N719SW that is sister ship to N470. NOT N713 as I previously stated.