APA getting a tad nervous?

And for the record, I have no hatred of pilots. I just have no respect for people thinking they're immune from economic gravity...

Not sure who you're speaking about in that last part. Seems I remember the pilots asking for binding arbitration earlier this year. It would seem an admission to the facts of economic reality by the pilots and a willingness to solve the problem. Senior management seems to be ignoring the fact of economic gravity regarding the pilots. Although I agree the current situation blocks the AA pilots from obtaining a DAL or eventual UAL contract due to 'gravity pull', but those two companies our AA's competitors and it is ridiculous to attempt to lock in the LBFO AA pilot salaries and benefits for the next decade while ignoring the "economic gravity" of market based pilot salaries.

E,

I'll add another observation. AA might be playing a smart move regarding implementation of the term sheet.

The first emotional reaction is shock at they would implement so much. I initially, even though I voted 'No', I was surprised at what they did because it brings any pilots sitting on the fence onto the militant side. I thought they would slowly drag things in so as to not push the rather clueless fence sitters we have in the group to the radical side. That would be the 'boil the frog' strategy. Slowly increase the heat until it's too late. They didn't and they went basically full nuclear.

So I think there is possibly 1 of 2 strategies.

1. They really are stupid and vindictive, it's payback time for the pilots, and they will pay because they think the courts will enforce their wishes and the pilots won't fight back. (bad idea personally). This thinking is also aligned with the UCC

2. There is some deal coming sometime, the UCC and AA knows it. They might have to complete a deal despite the public announcements from AA and the UCC. One big money issue is the "Me too" clauses. With a slow implementation and a deal with the pilots comes through before most changes happen, the other unions get the "Me too". They implemented a long list of changes on 9/12. Along with those changes and the changes on 10/1 the savings from the pilot group are basically "implemented" which is addressed as a point where the MT clause expires.

I will note the option #1 still may be a reason. During the negotiations, one of the UCC members forgot to turn his microphone off and told another member that "they were going to bury the pilots".

tin foil hat off and back on ham sandwich