Executive Bonuses

nbmcg01

Veteran
Sep 6, 2004
If AA, AMR, and the privileged BOD are so thrilled with the performance of the Senior Managers, perhaps they would agree to the shareholders having a say in whether the "rewards" are actually warranted. Airline executives are well compensated and there should be measurable, above and beyond performance levels associated with any bonus pay-outs.
Better still, have a committee of union, non contract, and lower management to also make recommendations based on return of "shared sacrifice" and job satisfaction.

This should be a no brainer IF bonuses are really earned and not just expected for the same old, same old.

IT MAKES ME SICK TO THINK OF THESE CROOKS REWARDING THEMSELVES AGAIN!!! While the workers are commiting suicide and barely holding on to thier houses, they live high on the hog!! I bet all the workers at AA will feel sick when we see the final dollar amount in mllions that these thieves give themselves!!!
Mr. OUR PAY WHERE IS OUR PAY?????????
:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :oops:

The total number of 2004 - 2006 Performance Share Plan shares is 3,100,000. The 2006 Management Compensation Plan also includes 900,000 Deferred Units. At the current AMR stock price of $37.23, the total Performance Share Plan and Deferred Unit payout to AMR executives will be approximately $235,479,750, which will be paid on April 19, 2007.
MARK THAT DAY ON YOUR CALENDAR AND BE THANKFUL THAT YOU HAVE A JOB!!!!!!

Performance Share Plan Deferred Units
Executive Target 175% Value Number Value Total Value
Gerard Arpey 135,000 236,250 $8,795,588 0 $0 $8,795,588
Dan Garton 69,000 120,750 $4,495,523 26,000 $967,980 $5,463,503
Gary Kennedy 51,000 89,250 $3,322,777 11,600 $431,868 $3,754,645
Bob Reding 51,000 89,250 $3,322,777 11,600 $431,868 $3,754,645
AMR Management Total $201,972,750 $33,507,000 $235,479,750

MR.OUR PAY CAN YOU SPARE A FEW GRAND FOR ME SO I CAN PAY MY HOUSE TAXES AND POSSIBLY KEEP IT????????????

That is exactly my point. No bonus payments should occur why employees are on the street. The furloughed f/a's "shared sacrifice" is over $600,000,000. It is obscene that anyone with business ethics would take a penny. Can you imagine the "shared sacrifice" of the furloughed pilots, ramp and mechanics and non contract employees? Combined!!

The total number of 2004 - 2006 Performance Share Plan shares is 3,100,000. The 2006 Management Compensation Plan also includes 900,000 Deferred Units. At the current AMR stock price of $37.23, the total Performance Share Plan and Deferred Unit payout to AMR executives will be approximately $235,479,750, which will be paid on April 19, 2007.
MARK THAT DAY ON YOUR CALENDAR AND BE THANKFUL THAT YOU HAVE A JOB!!!!!!

Performance Share Plan Deferred Units
Executive Target 175% Value Number Value Total Value
Gerard Arpey 135,000 236,250 $8,795,588 0 $0 $8,795,588
Dan Garton 69,000 120,750 $4,495,523 26,000 $967,980 $5,463,503
Gary Kennedy 51,000 89,250 $3,322,777 11,600 $431,868 $3,754,645
Bob Reding 51,000 89,250 $3,322,777 11,600 $431,868 $3,754,645
AMR Management Total $201,972,750 $33,507,000 $235,479,750

MR.OUR PAY CAN YOU SPARE A FEW GRAND FOR ME SO I CAN PAY MY HOUSE TAXES AND POSSIBLY KEEP IT????????????

With today's record drop of the DOW, that $235M just became $215M, and is likely to settle down a little more tomorrow...

We the workers raised the stock value to where it was and recieved nothing in return. Therefore we the workers should lower the stock value to where it should be given our management's leadership. What do we have to lose??? That's right N O T H I N G!!!!
LET THEM EAT CAKE!! OR HOW ABOUT SOME CROW PIE????

Boo Hoo! I could care less if their stock was worth one cent. NO bonus should be paid out till ALL employees have their pay & benefits returned to pre-concession levels. :angry:

The rank and file's "We're sorry we deceived you" 38 million stock options are currently worth $1.1 billion of profit (over the $5 price) this morning even after the recent declines in AMR's stock price.

So what you're saying is that the rank and file are entitled to their $1.1 billion of gain since 2003 but management is entitled to none of their upside contracts?

Good luck selling that fantasy. Even stupid people won't buy that.

And you guys wonder why it's so easy for AA to whip you each and every time?

You're a lot smarter than that - you know how to fix complex jet airplanes. So why do you keep saying things as clueless as the quote above?

It sure would be swell if everyone made $200k, no, strike that - make it a cool million each year and nobody went hungry. Every year I ask Santa for world peace, and each year he ignores me.

I assume you aren't as obsessed with the pilots' paychecks as you are those of management. Just some free advice here: You really need to focus less on management's paychecks and spend that energy figuring out how to increase yours. Worrying about how much money the senior execs make just isn't healthy. They're gonna make what the board thinks they should make.

Still hoping AA can figure out how to increase your pay rather than bring in scabs like NWA. Well paid, satisfied employees has to be a better route than the alternatives.

The rank and file's "We're sorry we deceived you" 38 million stock options are currently worth $1.1 billion of profit (over the $5 price) this morning even after the recent declines in AMR's stock price.

So what you're saying is that the rank and file are entitled to their $1.1 billion of gain since 2003 but management is entitled to none of their upside contracts?

Good luck selling that fantasy. Even stupid people won't buy that.

And you guys wonder why it's so easy for AA to whip you each and every time?

You're a lot smarter than that - you know how to fix complex jet airplanes. So why do you keep saying things as clueless as the quote above?

It sure would be swell if everyone made $200k, no, strike that - make it a cool million each year and nobody went hungry. Every year I ask Santa for world peace, and each year he ignores me.

I assume you aren't as obsessed with the pilots' paychecks as you are those of management. Just some free advice here: You really need to focus less on management's paychecks and spend that energy figuring out how to increase yours. Worrying about how much money the senior execs make just isn't healthy. They're gonna make what the board thinks they should make.

Still hoping AA can figure out how to increase your pay rather than bring in scabs like NWA. Well paid, satisfied employees has to be a better route than the alternatives.

Only stupid people will accept whatever the company/union gives them when what is being given is LESS than what was taken in the first place.

I am focused on management's salaries because MANAGEMENT were the ones crying "Shared Sacrifice". But it wound up being an UNEQUAL Shared Sacrifice. Again, I could care less how much bonuses are/were as long as they were done with respect when it concerns the work force.

As for the pilot's pay checks they are entittled to what they can negotiate. Just like I am. The only difference is that I am fighting a company and a company union.

Well paid, satisfied employees are indeed better than the opposite. However, how does one raise their pay when the company & union lie to you?

...or maybe you don't want to accept the truth?!?!?!

One of the funniest statements made here was "No bonus payments should occur why employees are on the street." by nbmcq01. Let's do some simple math. Let's say they bring back all the furloughed employees. What aircraft would they work on since the fleet is smaller? Given that the corporation is barely profitable, where would the money to pay them come from? When the company is out of business because it couldn't afford this move and completely bankrupted itself making this move, what should happened to the employees who had jobs before this move and now don't because of it? It's mgmt who has to figure out the greatest good.

As for the statement by jetmechjer that he may lose his house because he can't pay his taxes...isn't there a little blame for the guy in the mirror who bought a house that could only be afforded at one income level? I know plenty of mechanics who've not had to sell their homes because of the pay and benefit changes.

I am focused on management's salaries because MANAGEMENT were the ones crying "Shared Sacrifice". But it wound up being an UNEQUAL Shared Sacrifice. Again, I could care less how much bonuses are/were as long as they were done with respect when it concerns the work force.

OK, so the rank and file can have their $1.1 billion from their 38 million options but senior management can't have their (approx) $300 million from the April 2007 and April 2006 PUP payouts? Uh, oooook. Management gets zero and rank and file get over a billion.

Respect for the workforce? Recall UAL management's proposal last year to take 15% of the post-Ch 11 stock worth about $900 million. THAT was an outrage. So instead, they took about 8% worth about $480 million.

I have no idea whether management's "shared sacrifice" was equal or unequal. Several years of no or small raises plus paycuts (just like the rank and file).

Last year, 3 years after the concessions, management took about $100 million. In a couple months, 4 years after the concessions, they will grab another $200 million or so.

Meanwhile, the hourly workers took their $1.1 billion worth of stock options.

What's that about "equal" again?

OK, so the rank and file can have their $1.1 billion from their 38 million options but senior management can't have their (approx) $300 million from the April 2007 and April 2006 PUP payouts? Uh, oooook. Management gets zero and rank and file get over a billion.

Respect for the workforce? Recall UAL management's proposal last year to take 15% of the post-Ch 11 stock worth about $900 million. THAT was an outrage. So instead, they took about 8% worth about $480 million.

I have no idea whether management's "shared sacrifice" was equal or unequal. Several years of no or small raises plus paycuts (just like the rank and file).

Last year, 3 years after the concessions, management took about $100 million. In a couple months, 4 years after the concessions, they will grab another $200 million or so.

$1.1 billion? I am sorry but I will have given up $120,00.00 in concessions over the life of these concessions. I did not see anywhere close to that figure in returns. I did however see management take MILLIONS while not taking the Shared Sacrifice I did.

You sem to miss the meaning/emotion/feeling/FACT of my post. When We, the worker force, were lied to in order to accept LIFE CHANGING WAYS OF LIFE all the while the twu international officers and management who would NOT receieve the same "pain" as I and others did is WRONG!

I sold my stock when I could to keep my head afloat. So do not paint the stock as an equal payback. It is not.

$1.1 billion? I am sorry but I will have given up $120,00.00 in concessions over the life of these concessions. I did not see anywhere close to that figure in returns. I did however see management take MILLIONS while not taking the Shared Sacrifice I did.

You sem to miss the meaning/emotion/feeling/FACT of my post. When We, the worker force, were lied to in order to accept LIFE CHANGING WAYS OF LIFE all the while the twu international officers and management who would NOT receieve the same "pain" as I and others did is WRONG!

I sold my stock when I could to keep my head afloat. So do not paint the stock as an equal payback. It is not.
Actually they gave back a lot more than you did, so you're right it wasn't shared sacrifice.

You keep throwing that $1.1 billion for the workers options. But you conveniently fail to give the number of employees who shared in it. Each mechanic received 446 shares at $5. So at today's price of $33.70, that comes out to $12800 AFTER the $5 per share payback.
With ALL concessions figured in, each mechanic gave back roughly $20,000 per year.
Now, why don't you take the $1.1 billion in options and divide it between ALL the employees EXCEPT for the top 1000 managers who will share in roughly $192 million this year.
Last year, the top 1000 managers shared in $90 million.

The POOR executives got MORE than they gave back in paycuts with their special PUP payouts.

Shared sacrifice my AA$$

Let's do some more math.

Take your $1.1 billion in stock options and divide it by the 87,000 employees.
There are 88,000, but the top 1000 managers get the "real" money.

$1.1 billion divided by 87,000 equals $12643 AVERAGE per employee. I would say that the mechanics fall in this AVERAGE range.

So you say that $12,643 is not a bad chunk of change.
To some , no, you're right.
But since I can only speak for what the mechanic lost, I repeat to you, that we lost an about $20,000 a year with all concessions factored in.

So, to me this isn't such a nice chunk of change. Less spending money, less in the 401k.
But hey, we still have our jobs.
For the mechanic to get back all he lost in terms of money, the stock needs to hit about $300 a share.

So now let's look at the executives who some of you shed tears for because of their "sacrifice. Between this year and last year's PUP payouts, they have more than made their money back and whatever "sacrifice" they shared in.

So spare me the $1.1 billion dollar figure for the remaining 87,000 employees.
Look at the generous amount the chosen few at the top are getting!