APA releases its list of management mistakes and failures

I'll be glad when the concessions are imposed and more of AA's flying goes to RJ operators and jetBlue.

snip

I guess these jokers didn't get the memo that AAdvantage is what keeps AA in business-it's pretty much the only reason left to fly AA. Mileage purchases from Citigroup and other partners provide AA liquidity to continue operating, and they'll only continue to purchase the miles if they are deemed valuable by their credit cardholders.

You would fit in PERFECTLY with our manAAgent team. "The forest from the trees" comes to mind.

In one sentence you say that we should have "more RJs" and then in the next talk about how we need to be seen by credit card holders as "valuable".

GET REAL. Do you ever read the EXP message boards on various forums like flyertalk? The EXPs *HATE* RJs and go out of their way to book their trips and mileage runs so that they don't have to get stuffed into an RJ.

Furthermore, I guess you have missed it but have you seen which airline is in LAST place in almost every DOT category? I guess Eagle is really adding that "value" you are popping off about. I'm sure every EXP is thrilled to roll the dice on Eagle to get to that next important business meeting.

Your JetBlue wish is another visionary idea. Passengers absolutely LOVE getting off a plane at T8 at JFK and then having to go out through security, take the Airtrain, go back through and get fondled by the TSA, and finally connect on their B6 flight. Yet another example of adding incredible "value" to the business traveler experience.

GET REAL. Do you ever read the EXP message boards on various forums like flyertalk? The EXPs *HATE* RJs and go out of their way to book their trips and mileage runs so that they don't have to get stuffed into an RJ.

Furthermore, I guess you have missed it but have you seen which airline is in LAST place in almost every DOT category? I guess Eagle is really adding that "value" you are popping off about. I'm sure every EXP is thrilled to roll the dice on Eagle to get to that next important business meeting.

Your JetBlue wish is another visionary idea. Passengers absolutely LOVE getting off a plane at T8 at JFK and then having to go out through security, take the Airtrain, go back through and get fondled by the TSA, and finally connect on their B6 flight. Yet another example of adding incredible "value" to the business traveler experience.

Your examples contradict each other.... Most EXP's I know will gladly book an Eagle-to-AA connection & vice versa than flying in on WN and connecting to AA...

E

You would fit in PERFECTLY with our manAAgent team. "The forest from the trees" comes to mind.

In one sentence you say that we should have "more RJs" and then in the next talk about how we need to be seen by credit card holders as "valuable".

Yes, I do occasionally read FlyerTalk and participate in discussions there. The vast majority of the people there contribute very little to AA's bottom line (despite their interest and enthusiasm for AA and the airline industry overall) and are more concerned about what flavor of ice cream sundae they'll be served or trying to fly JFK-LAX-Europe to earn more miles. Sure, all else equal I'd venture to say many people-myself included would rather fly mainline equipment than RJs. Truth be told, most passengers don't know if they're booking an RJ flight and if they did, they'd pick it if the fare was lower. There are certain markets that AA can't sustain mainline equipment therefore an EMB 145 or CRJ700 can better meet the market needs. Perhaps if your leadership would check back in with reality and accept appropriate pay rates for 100 seat aircraft, AA could reinstate mainline flying in many markets currently served by Eagle. JetBlue is great to me. Always friendly, polite, and professional. I regularly fly them to CLT, DCA, and FLL can't say enough great things.

Once AA outsources more flying, the job losses will not be limited to APA members, the losses will be compounded with subsequent reductions of force at APFA and TWU.

Josh

Yes, I do occasionally read FlyerTalk and participate in discussions there. The vast majority of the people there contribute very little to AA's bottom line (despite their interest and enthusiasm for AA and the airline industry overall) and are more concerned about what flavor of ice cream sundae they'll be served or trying to fly JFK-LAX-Europe to earn more miles. Sure, all else equal I'd venture to say many people-myself included would rather fly mainline equipment than RJs. Truth be told, most passengers don't know if they're booking an RJ flight and if they did, they'd pick it if the fare was lower. There are certain markets that AA can't sustain mainline equipment therefore an EMB 145 or CRJ700 can better meet the market needs. Perhaps if your leadership would check back in with reality and accept appropriate pay rates for 100 seat aircraft, AA could reinstate mainline flying in many markets currently served by Eagle. JetBlue is great to me. Always friendly, polite, and professional. I regularly fly them to CLT, DCA, and FLL can't say enough great things.

Once AA outsources more flying, the job losses will not be limited to APA members, the losses will be compounded with subsequent reductions of force at APFA and TWU.

Josh

At least you are not paid to convey certain opinion and principles, like the paid triplets! But sometimes you would qualify.