APA Silent of Foreign Ownership

skyflyr69

Senior
Dec 11, 2002
APA sure is quite since ol Bush has approved foreign ownership of US airlines. The unions of other countries would surely put them on the bottom of a combined seniority list. And guess what, RLA doesn't apply.
You would think they would join hands with ALPA, AFL-CIO for the DECEMBER 8th march to the White House and protest this decimation of our airlines. Shame on APA for not taking a stand.

:angry:

APA sure is quite since ol Bush has approved foreign ownership of US airlines. The unions of other countries would surely put them on the bottom of a combined seniority list. And guess what, RLA doesn't apply.
You would think they would join hands with ALPA, AFL-CIO for the DECEMBER 8th march to the White House and protest this decimation of our airlines. Shame on APA for not taking a stand.

Hold on, lets not rush to judgement, maybe Arpey simply didnt tell them what to do yet.

Hold on, lets not rush to judgement, maybe Arpey simply didnt tell them what to do yet.

Bob, you could be right. i thought they could think for themselves but i guess not.

Any APA guys out there? How come no mention of the march to the white house DEC 8th to protest foreign takeovers, pension issues etc?

ALPA will be there....
:up:

The reason is...

Our Pilots at AA have no b*lls! :shock:

In fact all airline union members should show up on December 8th. :up: :up: :up:

The unions of other countries would surely put them on the bottom of a combined seniority list. And guess what, RLA doesn't apply.
Paging Mr. Little. Mr. Chicken Little, you have a call on line one! :D

The RLA Act doesn't apply because this is an ownership issue, not a labor issue. In its current form there are no provisions for mergers between airlines of different countries nor even combined operations outside of the current "Open Skies" programs. It would require an act of Congress to change those provisions. Whoever the owners are will have to negotiate labor agreements under the RLA.

By the way, foreign entities would still be prohibited from having more than 25% of the voting stock. (Reference HERE)

The reason is...

Our Pilots at AA have no b*lls! :shock:

In fact all airline union members should show up on December 8th. :up: :up: :up:

I've met a few of the leaders out of NY , pretty good union men, too bad they dont run the whole show.

Considering the way unions strike at the drop of a hat in Europe....Foreign ownership may not be a bad idea!

Why should the APA be up in arms? There has been nothing stated about this recent US-EU agreement that would allow foreign ownership. If anything, it's taken a step away from this. The failed agreement reached last year was going to allow 49% foreign ownership. This agreement is actually leaving it at 25% so that congress won't have to vote on it.

Also, I don't believe the APA pilots would be placed at the bottom. They already belong to the "oneworld cockpit crew coalition"(http://www.alliedpilots.org/public/alliance/) which I'm sure would come up with a fair intergration if it ever happened.

<_< Do'es this all smell like a move towards a aa/BA murger?? Or do'es it??? ;)

Do you remember back when AA & BA announced their partnership in the late 90's? Their original plan was basically to merge. They were going to start out with an equity swap in each others company. I believe they felt that the regulartory hurdles were going to be too great for them to pass, so they decided on a codeshare relationship. Even that has been very difficult because of the open skies issues bewteen the US and UK.

I bet CR Smith is turning over and over in his grave, these days. :unsure:

Bush is again writting checks he can't cash. Ownership rights requires a change in law. That's not going to happen. Heck, he wouldn't sell to the Europeans anyway. The Chinese are the ones he cow-tows too. They own half the US now anyway.

Bush is again writting checks he can't cash. Ownership rights requires a change in law. That's not going to happen. Heck, he wouldn't sell to the Europeans anyway. The Chinese are the ones he cow-tows too. They own half the US now anyway.
<_< Winglet!---- I rember a time when we said that about the Japenese!!!! ;)