APFA to send AA's last best offer to members for a vote

I think you might be surprised how many people take the $$ and leave. That's all they talk about at work. Already planning their parties! Kinda funny. 15 years of company seniority hits some pretty junior people that are fed up at this point. With years of service from other jobs at AA. A second year CM speaker is considering it, along with a few Reno f/a's as well. Not to mention many senior folks as well. I think it was Kirkpatrick suggested at least 2000. I would take his educated guess along with what I hear everyday at work to form my opinion.

As another thing. AA said in its most recent Q&A update that they would send out a 45 day notice for the pension freeze sometime after the contract vote. I take that to mean that it will most likely be at the end of September to biggining of October. Any other takes from the Q&A about the freeze?

“I think you might be surprised how many people take the $$ and leave. That's all they talk about at work. Already planning their parties! Kinda funny. 15 years of company seniority hits some pretty junior people that are fed up at this point. With years of service from other jobs at AA. A second year CM speaker is considering it, along with a few Reno f/a's as well…”
I suppose if you are around 15 years, it makes some sense (not much).

“Not to mention many senior folks as well…”
That surprises me. I used to ask senior mamas why they never leave. They always said it was because the company didn’t give them a reason to. It never made sense to me; but after this--it’s starting to.

I sure as hell never wanted to stay this long. I’ve got more important things to do.

“…I think it was Kirkpatrick suggested at least 2000…”
Care to make it interesting?

That would be great though. It would move seniority lists for once. Of course with my luck, I’d be kicked down the totem pole.

“…I would take his educated guess along with what I hear everyday at work to form my opinion…”

I hope you’re right. We’ve been flat lining for a long time.

[Warn letter] http://topics.hrhero.com/warn-act-layoff-notice-laws/#
Maybe. They don’t seem to know what they’re doing over there.

It could be that they will need every last one of us.

What about our elderly TWA friends? They can take the Early Out without ever going through training and returning to the line (which makes sense of course).

[Agent training] That would be the understatement of the year. Selling and demonstrating airline IT is my day job.

More important, why is that even relevant?
I was just wondering. I’m friends with one of the original programmers of Sabre. He’s in his 70s—a real computer wiz.

AA will be offering a travel separation program under the LBFO.

Unlimited D2 travel for the employee,spouse,domestic partner and dependant children

Five to nine years of company seniority equals five years of travel

Ten years or more of company seniority equals ten years of travel

NO age requirement

Every qualified request for the TSP will be accepteed.The TSP will begin following the VEOP election period.

Let me get this straight, if we vote no we get scr*#ed and a new contract could take years , if we vote yes we get scr*#ed with a little bonus. I guess since strikes are not allowed anymore then why even bother, the company can do whatever it wants. so i guess the question is do we want a little bonus so we can pay our insurance premiums? or vote no and try to fly an extra 30 hours a month to break even? I think this whole LBFO is all a dog and pony show so that we will think were getting a little something. In the end whatever the company wants and has planned (probably months ago) will happen. Bottom line the union (and all unions) are just a dues collection agency that works behind the scenes with the company and pretends to negotiate a contract.

Let me get this straight, if we vote no we get scr*#ed and a new contract could take years , if we vote yes we get scr*#ed with a little bonus. I guess since strikes are not allowed anymore then why even bother, the company can do whatever it wants. so i guess the question is do we want a little bonus so we can pay our insurance premiums? or vote no and try to fly an extra 30 hours a month to break even? I think this whole LBFO is all a dog and pony show so that we will think were getting a little something. In the end whatever the company wants and has planned (probably months ago) will happen. Bottom line the union (and all unions) are just a dues collection agency that works behind the scenes with the company and pretends to negotiate a contract.

Bottom line is that we get screwed. ....just less with a union. The United States has become a capitalistic society run amok. The same same thing happened during the "gilded age" and Laws changed.. IMO......history will repeat itself. It usually does.

so i guess the question is do we want a little bonus so we can pay our insurance premiums? or vote no and try to fly an extra 30 hours a month to break even?
The "raise" will not pay your insurance premiums. I don't know what pay step you are on, but I am on 11 year step. The increase in the iinsurance annual deductible will use up the entire pre-tax "raise" + $152.00. And, don't think the "raise" the following year will help because the LBFO states that the insurance premium paid by the f/a will increase each year until we are paying over 20% of the total premium. If the hike for the home-based res agents is any indication, employee only premium will (at least) double the first year.

AA will be offering a travel separation program under the LBFO.

Unlimited D2 travel for the employee,spouse,domestic partner and dependant children

Five to nine years of company seniority equals five years of travel

Ten years or more of company seniority equals ten years of travel

NO age requirement

Every qualified request for the TSP will be accepteed.The TSP will begin following the VEOP election period.

So, first the company offers a program that gives you basically nothing other than $40,000 (minus taxes) assuming that money is all the flight attendant is interested in. Now, they will offer a program that gives you nothing except travel benefits for a limited period of time.
Unless, of course, you were already eligible for retirement. If not yet 50, when the travel runs out all you will get is what's left of the DB pension.

P.S. There are no flight attendants who have less than 10 years seniority other than the LAX Mandarin speakers hired last year or the year before. So, no one will be eligible for the 5-9 year package.

Latest posts