APFA to send AA's last best offer to members for a vote

“Work rules would not be in effect for 18-24 months, in regards to the term sheet being imposed or LBFO being approved, due to programming issues…”
I don’t think so.

“Q: When does the look-back period begin for purposes of maintaining employment with AA?
A: The annual look back period to maintain employment, requiring 420 paid hours, will run concurrently with VC and SK accrual and will begin on December 31, 2013, looking back to January 1, 2013.” Q & A Section, APFA

Sidebar: Is it just me or are airline rentals going quickly on Craig’s List and Realtor.com?

“It will take AA a while to get the current software updated, or replaced…”
The bidding software may take a while. My trip trader could teach Crew Schedule a thing or two.

Work rules would not be in effect for 18-24 months, in regards to the term sheet being imposed or LBFO being approved, due to programming issues. It will take AA a while to get the current software updated, or replaced. Or nothing could change if the members don't approve and the judge does not abrogate.

The company is going start implementing work rule changes starting in nov 2012.They dont have to wait for PBS to increase the hours.

Sorry, I meant to say many of the work rules. Reserve system will not change until after PBS, Dual Qual will not go into full effect until after PBS. Reserve for current employees will not change, except for the possibility of having reserve months for a longer period, DEPENDING on the number of early outs and how quickly new hires come in to replace those that leave.

Reserve for current employees will not change, except for the possibility of having reserve months for a longer period, DEPENDING on the number of early outs and how quickly new hires come in to replace those that leave.
I don’t think many will take the Early Out unless they feel that they cannot work under the new work rules. I’d suggest hold on until we get a contract that we agree on.

Without many new hires I think that the reserve lists will stay about the same.

I don’t think many will take the Early Out unless they feel that they cannot work under the new work rules. I’d suggest hold on until we get a contract that we agree on.

Without many new hires I think that the reserve lists will stay about the same.
If you furlough the bottom 2000 reserve will be going up.

Work rules would not be in effect for 18-24 months, in regards to the term sheet being imposed or LBFO being approved, due to programming issues. It will take AA a while to get the current software updated, or replaced. Or nothing could change if the members don't approve and the judge does not abrogate.

If the company chooses to modify the existing system, yes, it will take a while to incorporate.

But don't forget that there are off-the-shelf products which already support PBS. When I was working with bidding systems for fleet service and agents, we saw a number of products which were clearly intended for pilots and flight attendants.

AA's also bought stuff from other airlines before (e.g. the core used for e-ticketing was bought from United and plugged into Sabre).

AA's been actively replacing various pieces of FOS, and it wouldn't surprise me to find out that they'd already identified something for crew scheduling and bidding, and that expected 18-24 months might turn into something much shorter.

AA can't staff flights now and called back all leaves. Do you think they are really going to furlough? Would be hard to justify.

AA's also bought stuff from other airlines before (e.g. the core used for e-ticketing was bought from United and plugged into Sabre).
If any system can handle it, Sabre can.

You know, in the days before email I used to send messages to my friends overseas hidden in a PNR. The good ol’ days.

Do you think they can do that? They recalled FAs from their leaves recently.
AA can't staff flights now and called back all leaves. Do you think they are really going to furlough? Would be hard to justify.
That's because AA is still abiding by the current work rules. Under the term sheet, the changes in work rules would cause an overage of at least 2,000 FAs (if the FAs are forced to work more hours per month, fewer will be needed - pretty simple, actually). Under the LBO, AA is willing to pay a few thousand dollars to the unhappy to get them to leave, which should mitigate the number of furloughs necessary.

Of course, the unhappy might stick around anyway, lending some support to the notion that the concessions weren't deep enough (if you make them miserable enough, they'll leave, and if they don't leave, you didn't make things miserable enough).

If any system can handle it, Sabre can.

If Sabre can handle it, why didn't they make the short-list at AA or WN?...

Sabre hasn't managed FOS for more than 10 years. HP has been doing the programming, and AA just fired them for providing the replacement for the reservations & check-in system....

When you increase the line average by 25 percent there might be a little overage.

Yes, and according to AA, they plan on implementing the new hours on November 1st......just enough time to allow 60 days for warn letters to go out.

“That's because AA is still abiding by the current work rules. Under the term sheet, the changes in work rules would cause an overage of at least 2,000 FAs (if the FAs are forced to work more hours per month, fewer will be needed - pretty simple, actually)…”
The FA that I spoke at the help center said the same thing. She thought few would take the Early Out but that additional leaves or separations would be offered later.

“…Under the LBO, AA is willing to pay a few thousand dollars to the unhappy to get them to leave, which should mitigate the number of furloughs necessary.

Of course, the unhappy might stick around anyway, lending some support to the notion that the concessions weren't deep enough (if you make them miserable enough, they'll leave, and if they don't leave, you didn't make things miserable enough).”
We are used to living in misery. We are a resilient work group. We’ll have to suck it up until we are able to negotiate a better contract.

When you increase the line average by 25 percent there might be a little overage.
What do you think about this pay protection to 100 hours? And pay for involuntary loss of time up to 100 hours?

Also, have you claimed your prefunding money (if any)? There is no reason to leave the funds in our accounts is there? That won’t change, right?

And, why did the LBFO have additional hour requirements to maintain employment from the term sheet? The hours went up from 200 to 420 (someday it will be 840).

Latest posts