APFA to send AA's last best offer to members for a vote

Can you honestly say, without laughing, that you think if the term sheet is implemented that AA will be negotiating anything that is an improvement anytime soon?
I like the way the FA on the help line put it, “You get to choose between a crap sandwich and a crap sandwich with fries.”

I know that they are frustrated at APFA but for all parties concerned, I think it would be best for AA and APFA to get back to the negotiating table.

[Will they impose the term sheet?] “Of course not. Only the scumbags in centre pork know that…”
I think they will impose the term sheet.

AA used to want happy FAs on the job. Now, it’s just business.

Can you prove that AA would implement or impose the "term sheet"?
I think they will impose the term sheet.

AA used to want happy FAs on the job. Now, it’s just business.

I think they will as well:

""If we reject the LBFO, you and I are at the mercy of the Company. Based
upon our history and management's behavior and actions I say, "Oh, hell
no!"; to this option and will vote YES for the Last Best Final Offer.

In Unity,

Marcus Gluth
Flight Attendant, IMA
Vice President, APFA""

If they impose it on the F/A's you can be sure they will impose it on the APA as well.

Can you prove that AA would implement or impose the "term sheet"?
The proof is the Section 1113 C motion they filed, the hearing they held and when the judge rules, AA will impose what was filed in the motion, do you think they did all of this for semantics?

If they impose it on the F/A's you can be sure they will impose it on the APA as well.
I think they’ll do that, too.

It will be terrible but eventually they will need workable, signed agreements between AA and APA & AA and APFA.

[APA's new president sends message to the membership]

"The Allied Pilots Association sent out a message over the weekend from Capt. Keith Wilson, who took over last week as president following the resignation of Capt. David Bates after the piltos group overwhelmingly rejected American Airlines contract proposal. Here's a snippet of it:

Let me be clear—our union’s strategic focus remains unchanged. APA is committed to pursuing consolidation as the best path for ensuring a brighter future for American Airlines and the pilots we represent. Our goal is to create a new American Airlines that can compete on an equal footing with Delta Air Lines and United Airlines. By doing so, our pilots will be able to enjoy the secure, rewarding careers that we all want and deserve.

I believe that the APA Board of Directors’ decision to submit management’s “last, best, final offer” to a vote by the APA membership was entirely appropriate. You should get the last word. The path you have chosen — one that no other pilot union has ever taken — is a path that we will now travel together. And by together, I mean as a pilot group unified by a common purpose. To me, whether you voted “yes” or “no” is irrelevant. We all share the same goal.

- Bob Cox"

http://blogs.star-telegram.com/sky_talk/american_airlines/#storylink=cpy

I think they’ll do that, too.

It will be terrible but eventually they will need workable, signed agreements between AA and APA & AA and APFA.

[APA's new president sends message to the membership]

"The Allied Pilots Association sent out a message over the weekend from Capt. Keith Wilson, who took over last week as president following the resignation of Capt. David Bates after the piltos group overwhelmingly rejected American Airlines contract proposal. Here's a snippet of it:

Let me be clear—our union’s strategic focus remains unchanged. APA is committed to pursuing consolidation as the best path for ensuring a brighter future for American Airlines and the pilots we represent. Our goal is to create a new American Airlines that can compete on an equal footing with Delta Air Lines and United Airlines. By doing so, our pilots will be able to enjoy the secure, rewarding careers that we all want and deserve.

I believe that the APA Board of Directors’ decision to submit management’s “last, best, final offer” to a vote by the APA membership was entirely appropriate. You should get the last word. The path you have chosen — one that no other pilot union has ever taken — is a path that we will now travel together. And by together, I mean as a pilot group unified by a common purpose. To me, whether you voted “yes” or “no” is irrelevant. We all share the same goal.

- Bob Cox"

http://blogs.star-telegram.com/sky_talk/american_airlines/#storylink=cpy

Don't get me wrong, I think they will impose it, and impose it fast. Do I know for sure was the question, and that is no, I don't know for sure. Only Horton and co know for sure.

If the Judge imposes the term sheet it can be appealed. There are enough items on the term sheet that do not affect the bottom line that a GOOD attorney could argue the need of said items. It is also a 2 year vs God only knows how many years of the LBFU offer. Does anyone not remember the "we need these agreements" during the AA-TWA mess? Be very cautious in your level of trust. Fool me once...

If the Judge imposes the term sheet it can be appealed. There are enough items on the term sheet that do not affect the bottom line that a GOOD attorney could argue the need of said items. It is also a 2 year vs God only knows how many years of the LBFU offer...
We should reject the offer until we come to an agreement.

Do it the hard way—continue to negotiate.

You and I don’t like it for different reasons. But bottom line—we don’t like it.

I don't like it because it isn't an honest statement of need. I don't like it because AA is trying to use BK to abrogate decades of labor agreements + lack of need. I don't like it because I don't think AA has an ethical business bone (nor does the APFA) I don't like it because I have been a party (not by choice) to previous "we NEED this" types of negotiations. I don't like this because it negates the terms agreed upon when people retired. I don't like any agreement that allows a company like AA to be in a person's PRIVATE medical business. I don't like it because the company was not willing to negotiate no cost or cost neutral enhancements to show good faith. I don't like this because it puts a gad order on complaining/disagreeing with corporate bonus payouts.

If the Judge imposes the term sheet it can be appealed. There are enough items on the term sheet that do not affect the bottom line that a GOOD attorney could argue the need of said items. It is also a 2 year vs God only knows how many years of the LBFU offer. Does anyone not remember the "we need these agreements" during the AA-TWA mess? Be very cautious in your level of trust. Fool me once...
How do you know it will only be 2 years under the term sheet.

Work rules would not be in effect for 18-24 months, in regards to the term sheet being imposed or LBFO being approved, due to programming issues. It will take AA a while to get the current software updated, or replaced. Or nothing could change if the members don't approve and the judge does not abrogate.

“I don't like it because it isn't an honest statement of need. I don't like it because AA is trying to use BK to abrogate decades of labor agreements + lack of need…”
They have a number that they need to get from APFA. I don’t care for the way that they got there. What’s with gutting all of the other work rules?

“…I don't like it because I don't think AA has an ethical business bone (nor does the APFA) I don't like it because I have been a party (not by choice) to previous "we NEED this" types of negotiations. I don't like this because it negates the terms agreed upon when people retired. I don't like any agreement that allows a company like AA to be in a person's PRIVATE medical business. I don't like it because the company was not willing to negotiate no cost or cost neutral enhancements to show good faith. I don't like this because it puts a gad order on complaining/disagreeing with corporate bonus payouts.”

Dumb (AA) and Dumber (APFA)

Back