April/May 2013 IAM Fleet Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was on the NC we met daily with Fleet and the AFA on what transpired.

But tell me exactly what help MTC and Fleet can do in each other's negotiations?

And it is two different districts and two different negotiating committees.

Fleet doesnt negotiate for MTC and vice versa.

But both districts should be coorindating solidarity and turning up the heat in the media and working safe.

Bottom line is being at US for 17 years and being involved, you basically have to work safe and hurt the company's bottom line in order to achieve a CBA.

And Doug has made it quite clear that the company isnt interested in settiling with Fleet and Maintenance, they want a path to the merger.

So its time for the union to step up and put pressure on the NMB and the company.

While I agree, sadly, I don't think it will ever happen.

@Nelson-- For the record... I''m not enamored with you at all, nor do I see you behind every tree... I just know how you operate!Actually, I look at you as being a bitter inconsequential anachronism hell bent on tearing the very fabric of solidarity to shreads! I further predict you will remain incidental with a handful of loose followers that subscribe to your ludicrous, insidious ideology, and blatant hubris. In the end… nothing will change, except you will have a whole new set of “bums” to throw out!

@Kev-- I’m not buying the … “this is what’s needed argument”-- I’ve been around way to long and watched it over and it over again-- Not just with US… but a myriad of unions and a myriad of Airlines. Hell… we just went through this s*** with Canale, and before him it was Freiberger and his boss... it just goes on and on with NO results. The way to address this issue is simply vote NO, and allow the processes to proceed, just as the US Flight Attendants did, and UA fleet WILL do!

@Rat—I’m not at the alter of Delaney… I’m not ever going to run for, or accept any Union position, I have abslutly no connections to the IAM... I don't even attend meetings! I’m not a steward any longer, nor do I ever intend to be again. I’m set for retirement, and won’t even be here when the ramifications of these political arguments coalesce. I literally have no dog in the hunt, and really don’t care… other than the fact I hate politics, and that’s what this is... POLITICS! It will be fun to see who's right in these arguments, but it will take several years. You can bet I'll peek in on occastion to see if you guys made the right decisions-- You can also bet that I'll let you know if you didn't!

Just like MTC huh? Oh but that's right MTC doesn't need Fleets help, it's just Fleet that needs MTC's help?

Hence the seperation that continues to grow between MTC and Fleet.
MTC wont ask Fleet, Fleet wont ask MTC, we might as well be seperate unions.

You must've really had your feelings hurt by a mechanic. And no, their negotiations aren't going well either. At least they asked for release, which is a good step

You must've really had your feelings hurt by a mechanic. And no, their negotiations aren't going well either. At least they asked for release, which is a good step

No feelings hurt here. The few mechanics that I know personally, are great poeple, and would give you the shirt off their backs if you needed it. The sad truth is, that as a whole, IMO, the mechanics dont want Fleet's help, and as a whole, Fleet doesn't want the mechanics help. We are victims of our own self worth.

@Kev-- I’m not buying the … “this is what’s needed argument”-- I’ve been around way to long and watched it over and it over again-- Not just with US… but a myriad of unions and a myriad of Airlines. Hell… we just went through this s*** with Canale, and before him it was Freiberger and his boss... it just goes on and on with NO results. The way to address this issue is simply vote NO, and allow the processes to proceed, just as the US Flight Attendants did, and UA fleet WILL do!

I get it. I really do.

That said, the above pattern speaks to a system long broken. Whether you personally agree or not, for labor to be successful going forward, it needs to move away from the traditional top down method. Otherwise, you'll have exactly the cycle you mention, and while all of us are squabbling, capital continues to win.

BTW, obviously I don't know you outside of what you write on here, but I sincerely hope you enjoy your retirement, and hope you continue to post...

Reactions: 1 person
I get it. I really do.

That said, the above pattern speaks to a system long broken. Whether you personally agree or not, for labor to be successful going forward, it needs to move away from the traditional top down method. Otherwise, you'll have exactly the cycle you mention, and while all of us are squabbling, capital continues to win.

BTW, obviously I don't know you outside of what you write on here, but I sincerely hope you enjoy your retirement, and hope you continue to post...

Kev he is actually a pretty good guy for such an old goat!....lol I am just busting on you, roa I really hope you enjoy a well deserved retirement!

I am going to go out on a limb here and say that if there were a joint effort I put my money on there being more fleet picketing then mtc . the questiion is does our current leadership have the resources and network to pull it off I guess we will see
Why do we have to wait on the district? Can't Bill Wise in 1725 organize an informational picket in CLT which comprises of fleet and MTC? Cripes, why is this so hard???? Is Wise afraid? WTH? SFO local 1781 Local President did it for his members. It's time for BW to stop talking in the papers and start planning participation events. C'mon BW, step up. And RH in PHL step up. And MC in PHX step up. What the heck is wrong with you guys? regards,

@Nelson-- For the record... I''m not enamored with you at all, nor do I see you behind every tree... I just know how you operate!Actually, I look at you as being a bitter inconsequential anachronism hell bent on tearing the very fabric of solidarity to shreads! I further predict you will remain incidental with a handful of loose followers that subscribe to your ludicrous, insidious ideology, and blatant hubris. In the end… nothing will change, except you will have a whole new set of “bums” to throw out!

@Rat—I’m not at the alter of Delaney… I’m not ever going to run for, or accept any Union position, I have abslutly no connections to the IAM... I don't even attend meetings! I’m not a steward any longer, nor do I ever intend to be again. I’m set for retirement, and won’t even be here when the ramifications of these political arguments coalesce. I literally have no dog in the hunt, and really don’t care… other than the fact I hate politics, and that’s what this is... POLITICS! It will be fun to see who's right in these arguments, but it will take several years. You can bet I'll peek in on occastion to see if you guys made the right decisions-- You can also bet that I'll let you know if you didn't!

Yeah, that's how I built solidarity to win organizing drives and to participate in shutting down anti labor agreements. The only solidarity that exist is the solidarity that was brought together at various times that I have been associated in participating in. With that said, I stood in the gap while you paid me to [and again, I did exactly what I said I was going to do when you paid me.], and I stand in the gap like others without payment building solidarity as we unfortunately have to fight our union leadership which loves sucking company balls. No sir, you are on here for every reason being politics. practically every one of your post is political in nature and your anger has gotten the best of you Roabilly. You should have no beef with me unless your continued support of MF and 141 rising has gotten the best of you. I ask you what IAM informer already asked you, instead of having a fancy with me, kindly mention 2 things that 141 rising has done at your property or any property over the last 5 years that hasn't tried to tear the heart right out of this union for the sake of management. regards,

Why do we have to wait on the district? Can't Bill Wise in 1725 organize a picket in CLT which comprises of fleet and MTC? Cripes, why is this so hard???? Is Wise afraid? WTH? regards,
Bill is on the negotiating committee for M&R, any informational picketing would have to be approved by the district and international.

And he is a District Trustee, I would say his hands are tied.

Bill is on the negotiating committee for M&R, any informational picketing would have to be approved by the district and international.

And he is a District Trustee, I would say his hands are tied.
Well then the eboard should organize it. The Local President of SFO did and it wasn't approved by the District at all. Not sure about the INTL but I don't think LW gave a crap and the INTL certainly wasn't going to go on record against it when the entire local had had enough. It's hard as hell for this union to picket. Not since 1993 strike has any IAM airline group had any organized participation. Cripes, southwest rampers at TWU are picketing after only a short time in negotiations and are very upset at the company offer of trying to contract out 20% of the ramp. Damn, IAM just agreed to allow the company to contract out over 80 stations and only protect 7 at United. Facebook will pound the IAM if it continues to suck company balls. It's going to be the 'not for long' soon enuf if it keeps playing with the wrong groups. regards,

what is really a joke is that the eboard approved the United TA with only a highlight sheet in front of them. Then after Atkinson read the TA, he misread the part about scope but it was too late and he already sent it out in the 'messenger'. On page 7 under "If you ratify and stay", he incorrectly thought that there was scope in 23 stations until 2016. However, scope in the contract stopped for all stations other than 7 on April 1 if the TA was passed. Many negotiation team members also thought they negotiated scope for 30 stations but were corrected on facebook by me and other key people. regards,

Congrats. on retirement (or soon to be). I promise you it's great. I'm thankful nothing in this for me one way or the other. I just wish everyone the best.

What is a shame?

It is a shame that the largest union at US and UA that represents inside and outside agents mechanics and related that could have enormous power to negotiate their faith is not taking advantage of it

Its apparent you have never been in negotiations.

Lets see you are in the CWA and the AFA is part of the CWA.

Seems your not getting anywhere in your CSA and Res negotiations and it took Eight years to pass a unified CBA for the FAs.

Status
Not open for further replies.