June - IAM Fleet Service Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nelson,

I think you may want to get used to entertaining yourself on these boards. Maybe Jester, IAM Informer, Janitor, or some of the other characters can help you in keeping it stirred up. As far as the Membership is concerned, it looks as if you have relinquished any semblance of creditability with them.

I’m not personally interested in engaging you in debate, as this would be a waste of my time and energy than can be used elsewhere more productively. I think Perez pretty much summed it up… your MO never changes… just the subjects and topics!

The longer I have observed your methods and ideology, the more I suspect that there are ulterior motives that you are not disclosing. Further, if my intuition is right… what you are not revealing would astound all those reading!

For now… it will just be our little secret…

This will be my last response to you directly, so have fun entertaining yourself!
LOL. Roabily, the funny thing is that my motives are always announced by me so that everyone knows where I am coming from. I'm not sure I could be any more explicit in any action that I have chosen since i have been an IAM member.

You have supported my motives until 2011. You signed cards for other unions, joined in ousting Canale, etc. I'm fairly certain you signed a card for the IBT, IBEW, etc. And of course, FO was the lead organizer for the IBEW who came down to CLT. Nothing against FO, I get along with him great, just saying.

The difference is that you have no knowledge of the inner workings of the 141 rising group and you were not privy to the meetings where it became very clear to me that, as part of the good ole boys club, they simply refused to challenge Delaney's management leanings. In time, you will agree that 141 rising has been a failure. The difference is that I already know.

You will be reduced down to waiting the few years you have left to getting a contract where you might have the chance to choose a buyout but until then you will have to stay in CLT catering and continue fancying yourself with the dribble of MF about how the company is so bad and mean. Just keep clicking your heels Roabily and telling yourself how your negotiations team is going to "Fix things" and bring back a contract.

Sorry bro, it isn't happening and you have been sold a bill of goods. And I really hope I am wrong about all of this and that Delaney turns over a new leaf. We should all watch UA/CO and see if he comes through on his promise of closing out a leading industry contract in rapid progress over the next couple months! ROTFLMBO. You bought it Roabilly. You bought it. Just man up to it afterwards and don't be bummed out because it happens to the best of us!

regards,

Reactions: 2 people
I don't think I will fancy myself with the fairy tale of how Delaney is going to 'fix things' at US AIRWAYS. Never mind UA/CO.It was a win/win for me, i.e., the presidential election. I think the following is on the menu for me this weekend and it's time to break out the ole rods once again!Post Election Activities!Black Earth creek is the best!regards,

It seems clear that the Delaney ticket has wrapped it up,what's next? We get a .39 cent raise on July 1st and then years of wishing. I for one would sign a card for any union wanting to enter the property. If pushing Delaney is the only way to get him to work so be it. Get me an IBT card, I'll sing up in a minute.
Do you actually think changing unions will make a CBA happen faster? It will actually make the process longer.

The TWU Fleet CBA became amendable in April of 2008, they negotiated for over three years before the Chapter 11 filing and never reached a TA, nor did they reach one in bankruptcy and ratified the LBO.

Look at ALPA and the AFA at US, going on seven years and counting.

Do you actually think changing unions will make a CBA happen faster? It will actually make the process longer.

The TWU Fleet CBA became amendable in April of 2008, they negotiated for over three years before the Chapter 11 filing and never reached a TA, nor did they reach one in bankruptcy and ratified the LBO.

Look at ALPA and the AFA at US, going on seven years and counting.
I know you are an avid supporter of the IAM. I am paying over sixty bucks a month just so I can say I am not an empoyee at will, that just doesn't cut it for me, so why should I continue to support the IAM. This is no lie, there hasn't been an AGC for a station visit in almost a year and when he did come it was a private meeting between the grev. comm. and himself. He never bothered to meet with the workers and couldn't get to his car fast enough. I have NO reason to believe the district will even try to expidite negotiations, so what is there to loose? Another three to five years without a raise, and the dues just keep going up. The agc's ever go without a raise (I DON'T THINK SO). So what if we do change unions, the only loser's is going to be District 141.

I know you are an avid supporter of the IAM. I am paying over sixty bucks a month just so I can say I am not an empoyee at will, that just doesn't cut it for me, so why should I continue to support the IAM. This is no lie, there hasn't been an AGC for a station visit in almost a year and when he did come it was a private meeting between the grev. comm. and himself. He never bothered to meet with the workers and couldn't get to his car fast enough. I have NO reason to believe the district will even try to expidite negotiations, so what is there to loose? Another three to five years without a raise, and the dues just keep going up. The agc's ever go without a raise (I DON'T THINK SO). So what if we do change unions, the only loser's is going to be District 141.

How do you know that rockit? What if another union doesn't work out for you?.

What station do you work in?,,,,,a year is a pretty long time with no station visit. What station are you in?

Here's a question I posed to the forum about a month ago:

"At what time will it be politically correct to become 'chumy' with the TWU"

No one answered. But my intuition is telling me the middle of June.

Note to Mike: You're gone just two days and the forum degenerates into anarchy.

Reactions: 1 person
Here's a question I posed to the forum about a month ago:

"At what time will it be politically correct to become 'chumy' with the TWU"

No one answered. But my intuition is telling me the middle of June.

Note to Mike: You're gone just two days and the forum degenerates into anarchy.

Apparently, the time is NOW for Mr. Nelson!

As predicted... he is already sowing the seeds of dissension for any of those whom are willing to follow his convoluted agenda...

Check-out this link to the AA/TWU forum he recently started on this site!

This is the type of stuff the ol Canali regime gives into.... The CSA Teamster rep is an old Canali agc that was voted out of office 4 yrs ago. Wouldn't one think that this would be a perfect opportunity for the CWA agents to be protected somewhat in these times?

" Curbside, Yesterday I got clarification from ........, Teamsters Business Manager, that curbside GAT employees who have been hazmat trained CAN check ID’s and TAG Bags. They may greet, answer questions, handle bags, wheelchairs, etc. HOWEVER, our US Airways CSA’s are in charge and must lead and direct the curbside activities/check-in process. And as a reminder, any CSA may be called upon to work curbside."

This may be a Customer Service topic but it just goes to show that even the teamsters don't protect like they use to! Beware AA customer service. I know you lost the card signing this time but after BK you should think about the CWA/Teamster representation at US.

Do we wanna turn this industry around? Then this is a missed opportunity to start with!

Our 141/R Negotiating Team goes back to the table the second week of next month... (July).

As the elections have begun to wind down.. it is apparent that they WILL be the team that negotiates our next CBA... so... this is the time to support them to your fullest extent. The time for politics is over... the time for bullshit is over!

The negotiating committee has had and still does have my full support to do the right thing. I've spoken to some of them personally, since I know them. The politics are over. Remember, the District is where the issues are.

Reactions: 2 people
Not to deviate from the subject at hand, but, check this out ! Educate yourself. This is what sends a message and how its suppose to be sent.

June 20, 2012

To my Fellow Pilots,

Last month, the UAL-MEC passed a resolution authorizing MEC Chairman Captain Jay Heppner to conduct a strike authorization vote. The UAL-MEC joined their counterparts on the CAL-MEC in giving its chairman the authority to conduct such a vote. Each MEC's respective resolution passed unanimously. This is a momentous undertaking, as it places great responsibility on the pilot group to exhibit the resolve and determination to finally achieve a Joint Collective Bargaining Agreement (JCBA).

The Railway Labor Act (RLA) defines the procedures that govern the process of collective bargaining: Section Six opening letters are followed with bilateral negotiations between the parties—management and labor. If negotiations are unsuccessful, mediation is available, followed by a proffer of arbitration. If arbitration is refused by either party, a 30-day “cooling off” period begins. Finally, the parties can either adjourn or seek judicial help elsewhere. In our case, the two parties are a unified management from UCH (United Continental Holdings) and a Joint Negotiation Committee (JNC) composed of the two airline components.

The bilateral negotiations became mired due to a lack of interest on the part of the management, so mediation was requested per the RLA. This too became hindered by an apparent lack of enthusiasm by the company, leading the Air Line Pilots Association to request a release from the National Mediation Board (NMB). That request initially came from each MEC chairman and was signed by the ALPA National President, Captain Lee Moak. Capt. Moak has additionally petitioned the NMB a total of three times as the pilots’ case for release continued to develop. Last week, AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka also weighed in with aletter to the NMB Chairman requesting a proffer of arbitration. If either party refuses a proffer of arbitration, the parties would be released from mediated negotiations.

Our main goal is achieving a negotiated JCBA. A negotiated contract is always preferable to any other outcome. As pilots we hope for the best, but must prepare for conditions that are less than optimum. It’s what we do. Shortly, Captain Heppner will ask all of us to vote on the issue the MEC authorized in May—strike authorization.

You will have the opportunity to vote soon to authorize a strike or not. Voting for a strike empowers our union. It signals that we are one; unified in our cause and willing to go to great ends to reach our goal. Regardless of your view, you must vote. A strike authorization vote may come along once in your career and it may well shape your future. It is your duty to consider the options and make your voice count. To vote FOR a strike bolsters the leverage we need to finally nail down this JCBA.

So I ask you to join your fellow pilots, and vote. The company may only recognize one metric in this exercise: participation. I ask that you enable your union leaders to use every tool possible to secure the contract we all deserve and vote FOR a strike. Only by being prepared for the worst can we assuage it. A vote FOR a strike is the empowering act that would actually do the most to help avoid a strike.

Again, our main focus is achieving a JCBA. We’ve earned the recognition and respect that demands an industry-leading contract. We’ve earned the right to utilize every legal tool at our disposal to achieve that. Authorizing a strike assures we are using every tool possible to make that a reality.

Respectfully Yours,

Pieter M. Velzeboer
Chairman, MEC Strategic Planning and Strike Committee

Not to deviate from the subject at hand, but, check this out ! Educate yourself. This is what sends a message and how its suppose to be sent.

June 20, 2012

To my Fellow Pilots,

Last month, the UAL-MEC passed a resolution authorizing MEC Chairman Captain Jay Heppner to conduct a strike authorization vote. The UAL-MEC joined their counterparts on the CAL-MEC in giving its chairman the authority to conduct such a vote. Each MEC's respective resolution passed unanimously. This is a momentous undertaking, as it places great responsibility on the pilot group to exhibit the resolve and determination to finally achieve a Joint Collective Bargaining Agreement (JCBA).

The Railway Labor Act (RLA) defines the procedures that govern the process of collective bargaining: Section Six opening letters are followed with bilateral negotiations between the parties—management and labor. If negotiations are unsuccessful, mediation is available, followed by a proffer of arbitration. If arbitration is refused by either party, a 30-day “cooling off” period begins. Finally, the parties can either adjourn or seek judicial help elsewhere. In our case, the two parties are a unified management from UCH (United Continental Holdings) and a Joint Negotiation Committee (JNC) composed of the two airline components.

The bilateral negotiations became mired due to a lack of interest on the part of the management, so mediation was requested per the RLA. This too became hindered by an apparent lack of enthusiasm by the company, leading the Air Line Pilots Association to request a release from the National Mediation Board (NMB). That request initially came from each MEC chairman and was signed by the ALPA National President, Captain Lee Moak. Capt. Moak has additionally petitioned the NMB a total of three times as the pilots’ case for release continued to develop. Last week, AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka also weighed in with aletter to the NMB Chairman requesting a proffer of arbitration. If either party refuses a proffer of arbitration, the parties would be released from mediated negotiations.

Our main goal is achieving a negotiated JCBA. A negotiated contract is always preferable to any other outcome. As pilots we hope for the best, but must prepare for conditions that are less than optimum. It’s what we do. Shortly, Captain Heppner will ask all of us to vote on the issue the MEC authorized in May—strike authorization.

You will have the opportunity to vote soon to authorize a strike or not. Voting for a strike empowers our union. It signals that we are one; unified in our cause and willing to go to great ends to reach our goal. Regardless of your view, you must vote. A strike authorization vote may come along once in your career and it may well shape your future. It is your duty to consider the options and make your voice count. To vote FOR a strike bolsters the leverage we need to finally nail down this JCBA.

So I ask you to join your fellow pilots, and vote. The company may only recognize one metric in this exercise: participation. I ask that you enable your union leaders to use every tool possible to secure the contract we all deserve and vote FOR a strike. Only by being prepared for the worst can we assuage it. A vote FOR a strike is the empowering act that would actually do the most to help avoid a strike.

Again, our main focus is achieving a JCBA. We’ve earned the recognition and respect that demands an industry-leading contract. We’ve earned the right to utilize every legal tool at our disposal to achieve that. Authorizing a strike assures we are using every tool possible to make that a reality.

Respectfully Yours,

Pieter M. Velzeboer
Chairman, MEC Strategic Planning and Strike Committee

mike33,
This request for a strong show of solidarity (a strike vote) is what any negotiating team needs to achieve an acceptable contract. With solidarity there is great strength and subsequent leverage in contract negotiations. Likewise, without it, it has the opposite effect. This company, like many others, will be able to guage the support the committee has based on the vote. The company will posture themselves in negotiations accordingly.
Thank you for bringing this critical issue to light. All organized work groups must realize the importance of solidarity.
ograc

For many reasons it's much easier for the Pilots to threaten a strike. For instance, Relatively few members could cause much chaos.
I would be up for overall education to all FS about the strike option. Even with all the obsticles the RLA poses it's still a valuable tool. Maybe the next convention could bring it up.

For many reasons it's much easier for the Pilots to threaten a strike. For instance, Relatively few members could cause much chaos.
I would be up for overall education to all FS about the strike option. Even with all the obsticles the RLA poses it's still a valuable tool. Maybe the next convention could bring it up.

Well, you can sit and wonder what it would take or wonder what it would have been like! You've got to believe its worth it or just keep getting slapped around. It definitely needs to be thought about in due time. Some group is going to say " Thats Enough" and hopefully change this industry.

Give me 1 reason Bagfather?

Status
Not open for further replies.