Ffocus

Art at ISP said:
Dave,

Instead of picking apart every little thing we say, why don't you expend that energy looking for the positive things which we hope will come out of this merger?

I never said ALL front line employees were the best, I made a generalization based on the ones I come in contact with all the time. There are definitely a small number who exhibit the symptoms you describe, and in no way would we defend them.

The MAJORITY of the rank and file US employees are the best there is in this thankless business, and it is to their credit, not CCY's that there is still a company to merge.

Let's drop the nitpicking and move on to positive things, okay?

With all due respect, what troubles you is as meaningless as what troubles me in the end...so let's accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative....

Fair enough?
[post="299655"][/post]​

Actually I disagree for only one simple reason: Until one seriously knows the entire real problem it would be impossible to fix. The issue of poor Front Liners along with silly management along with today's tough business environment are THE issue, not nitpicking. None can be considered without the other two. Doing so would leave one with a dishonest appraisal of the real issues.

To me it seems that you are focused (pun intended) only exclusively on one of these issue = stupid management.

That said, let's put a fork in this and just agree to disagree.

Take care!

Philly,

If you have been reading these posts these last couple years, than you must perceive that I am on the inside of all 3 issues.

After all, perception can be dangerous without some reality.

If you are not an employee as you intimate above, nor managment, than you maybe a customer (sometimes), or simply clueless and just a traveler on these boards.

General theme from a front row seat:

Managment sucks.

Customers are the best and their presence is essential

Labor is OUTSTANDING; and proof positive by the entitity that still exists called ...US Airways.

PS: Follow the above guidlines and you'll be just fine cruising our Board. B)

PITbull said:
Managment sucks.

Things never change...after 3 1/2 years of dealing with you. I am sure that we will see that in your book (if you are still writing it with the professor). You just didn't like the decisions that CCY had to make to salvage this company. We beat the odds and will go down in history as a team that turned a bleeding carrier into one that the legacy carriers will follow once they enter BK.

The Truth said:
Things never change...after 3 1/2 years of dealing with you. I am sure that we will see that in your book (if you are still writing it with the professor). You just didn't like the decisions that CCY had to make to salvage this company. We bet the odds and will go down in history as a team that turned a bleeding carrier into one that the legacy carriers will follow once they enter BK.
[post="300268"][/post]​
This proves my point exactly!!!!!!! The decisions CCY had to make to SALVAGE this company????? your funny <_< Now, go down in history as "team" that turned...blah....blah....once they enter BANKRUPTCY!!!!!!! Nuff said!!

Good Day

The Truth said:
Things never change...after 3 1/2 years of dealing with you.  I am sure that we will see that in your book (if you are still writing it with the professor).  You just didn't like the decisions that CCY had to make to salvage this company. We beat the odds and will go down in history as a team that turned a bleeding carrier into one that the legacy carriers will follow once they enter BK.
[post="300268"][/post]​

Let me guess???ah, back at you!

The dynamics and antagonism that went on these last 3.6 years with your senior team was not necessary to salvage a company. The only reason that the other legacies MUST go into BK is because of the union busting strategies used by the team that infected our airline with the "disease".

Don't pat yourself too hard on the back, it ain't over yet...and you may break some discs.

My view...you were able to take the unions by surprise, engage in psychological warfare, strip the workers of their wages and benefits and pensions to the bottom of the barrel, and still couldn't break even for the investors. In fact, when you saw that the other legacies quickly caught on...you went into BK yet again to strangle more out of the worker to ensure you would obtain the lowest wages you could get from a legacy.

Yet, in this process, YOU GUYS STILL COULDN'T COME UP WITH A WORKING PLAN TO SAVE YOUR SOULS.

AND THE ONLY GAME IN TOWN WAS A MERGER. Yea, real brilliance :down:

As I wrote to all of senior managment on Aug. 29, 2002. (look it up genius, it was sent to you), U would not be the only ones to enjoy BK and using the warfare tactics of BK, abrogation and liquidation....all the legacies would have NO CHOICE but to follow, otherwise, they would cease to exist. "Domino Effect Commences".

Remember?????

I can tell you this, my friend.... try it again....AND YOU WILL LOSE!

The only jobs your "team" will be able to obtain are union busting jobs.

After all, you can't deny, my existence keeps you employed ;)

Pandora's box is now opened. BK awaits all carriers, and it is a race to the bottom until all of labor is at the bottom in all carriers, low fares, and no profits. Once at that point...you'll see some real liquidation.

Bob,

It all depends how one defines "saved".

Out of 46,000 employees of U in 2001, by year's end, there will be approx. 18,000 at mainline.

In our group alone, there were approx. over 11,500. There now stands by year's end 3,800.

Only thing that will live on from this merger, is the name, US Airways.

Intimate? No! I have stated clearly my position. I am a CP on US so my traveling may also be considered a bit more than "sometimes". Can I be any clearer than that?

Your one minded approach is troubling to those who prefer to see at the world like it really is instead of how we wish it to be. In any event, thanks so much for your guidelines and hope that you take no offense if I ignore them. Cheers.

With all due respect, Teddy is not alone in her assessment of management.

Posters from each front-end unit concur with her opinion, and have backed their opinions with facts posted on this forum. 700UW has quite a list, if you are interested :D

Management would have us believe there was no other course save the one they chose. By late 2004, I would agree.

From 1999 thru mid 2004 there were other options. Management CHOSE the course of forcing labor to subsidize a failed business plan, rather than revisiting the plan itself.

As near as I can tell, the only plan at U since the Wolf days was to sell the airline and open that golden parachute.

As has happened.

I just don't see how forcing labor concessions via two BK's warrants high salaries and retention bonuses.

A just graduated MBA student could open past case studies and follow the recipe for the same results.

The Truth said:
Things never change...after 3 1/2 years of dealing with you. I am sure that we will see that in your book (if you are still writing it with the professor). You just didn't like the decisions that CCY had to make to salvage this company. We beat the odds and will go down in history as a team that turned a bleeding carrier into one that the legacy carriers will follow once they enter BK.
[post="300268"][/post]​
Ignorance and arrogance is a deadly combination. You have boat loads of both. I simply am not even going to respond. But I will leave you with one question. How do you sleep at night?

You are more delusional than a certain pilot who pontificates on here.

Regards,

l4pi.

GREED:

can't say "no" when offered money to do a job.

would rather have a high paying job than one which is interesting and rewarding.

despise paying taxes and have sympathy for those who find ways to avoid such.

brag about the "bargains" you got, how "thrifty" you are, or how little you paid for
something.

boast of how clever you were in getting the best of another in a business deal. (this probably hits a bit close to home) ;)

ARROGANCE:
Those to whom much has been given sometimes suffer from arrogance; or rather the people around them suffer. Arrogance is doubly a pity, because the talents of the arrogant serve primarily themselves. The arrogant assumes his views and opinions are THE TRUTH. In arrogance, natural confidence goes sadly awry. Rather than the self-assurance born of knowing his own strengths and limitations, arrogance admits no limits. The arrogant brooks no weakness in himself, and may even secretly rejoice to find flaws in others. But imperfections are inherent in being human, so the arrogant, like everyone else, always has feet of clay, however well hidden they may be. Fearing exposure, haughtiness forms a hard shell masking inner emptiness.