ATL-LAX-SYD

They're doing a 777, but IMO it should have been the 747 they're getting from NW.

Maybe they'll do a switch later in the year.

They're doing a 777, but IMO it should have been the 747 they're getting from NW.

Better amenities for our customers on the 777 than the 747
lie flat business, individual in seat monitors for both classes.

that will be very competitive and especially with Qantas using that double deck A380 on the route(and you can just bet that Qantas will be putting up a discounted sale...especially with that announcement!), and I believe UAL with the 744 means there is a lot of seats going back and forth..a..lot. while it made sense at the time to use a 744 when NW flew that route many years ago, the fuel efficient 777 as opposed to a 4 engine widebody(more fuel burn) with upgraded passenger amenities(even with less seats) may actually be the most cost effective way to attempt to make that route successful as possible, at this time.

with an A380 and legendary Qantas Inflight Service on the route, there needs to be an aircraft that will have fuel efficiency and offer as much technology/Inflight Service as possible.

it must be a two day trip from ATL to SYD!

Good Luck and much success DAL!

that will be very competitive and especially with Qantas using that double deck A380 on the route(and you can just bet that Qantas will be putting up a discounted sale...especially with that announcement!), and I believe UAL with the 744 means there is a lot of seats going back and forth..a..lot. while it made sense at the time to use a 744 when NW flew that route many years ago, the fuel efficient 777 as opposed to a 4 engine widebody(more fuel burn) with upgraded passenger amenities(even with less seats) may actually be the most cost effective way to attempt to make that route successful as possible, at this time.

with an A380 and legendary Qantas Inflight Service on the route, there needs to be an aircraft that will have fuel efficiency and offer as much technology/Inflight Service as possible.

it must be a two day trip from ATL to SYD!

Good Luck and much success DAL!
2 day trip... hardly, more likely an LAX trip,f/a crew could be either LA or ATL. Pilots would have to be ATL. If it's crewed by ATL it would have to be a layover in LA and then SYD and then another LA layover. more like a 5 day trip.

2 day trip... hardly, more likely an LAX trip,f/a crew could be either LA or ATL. Pilots would have to be ATL. If it's crewed by ATL it would have to be a layover in LA and then SYD and then another LA layover. more like a 5 day trip.

This route is great news. I can hardly believe it.

Trust me, the f/a crew will NOT be ATL-based. DL has never looked kindly on paying for domestic hotel rooms on both ends of an Int'l trip (in this case in L.A.) for 10+ f/a's plus all the added per diem for such a long trip when there is a perfectly good f/a base in LAX to fly the trip..ESPECIALLY if this flight is to operate daily.

Hi NAPAUS,

Being a Flight Attendant I completely understand duty periods! ;)

I was basically looking at this from a Passenger perspective and how Flight 17/16 will be constructed..ATL-LAX-SYD. If the flight originates in ATL with a couple hour layover in LAX and continues on to SYD from that perspective it is traveling a day plus, or two days.
There will be.. I'm sure ..Passengers who originate their travel in Atlanta, Georgia and fly all the way through....!

I routinely encounter passengers in my travel who inform me they have been flying over 24 hours from all different points in the world!

I hope you have a pleasant day. :)

This route is great news. I can hardly believe it.

Trust me, the f/a crew will NOT be ATL-based. DL has never looked kindly on paying for domestic hotel rooms on both ends of an Int'l trip (in this case in L.A.) for 10+ f/a's plus all the added per diem for such a long trip when there is a perfectly good f/a base in LAX to fly the trip..ESPECIALLY if this flight is to operate daily.
It is wonderful news!

you are probably right more than likely it will be staffed with a LAX crew for the second leg!

Yes Dignity, A 2 day trip for our customers
Here you go:

Delta Air Lines 17 Equipment: 777
Depart: 7:00 PM Atlanta, GA (ATL)
Arrive: 8:40 PM Los Angeles, CA (LAX)
Duration: 4 hr 40 min
Time between flights: 2 hr 0 min

Depart: 10:40 PM Los Angeles, CA (LAX)
Arrive: 6:40 AM Sydney, NS (SYD)
Duration: 15 hr 0 min
This flight arrives 2 days after departure

Delta Air Lines 16 Equipment: 777
Depart: 9:15 AM Sydney, NS (SYD)
Arrive: 6:00 AM Los Angeles, CA (LAX)
Duration: 13 hr 45 min
Time between flights: 1 hr 40 min

Depart: 7:40 AM Los Angeles, CA (LAX)
Arrive: 2:55 PM Atlanta, GA (ATL)
Duration: 4 hr 15 min

Luke called this a while ago!

Yes Dignity, A 2 day trip for our customers
Here you go:

Depart: 7:00 PM Atlanta, GA (ATL)
Arrive: 8:40 PM Los Angeles, CA (LAX)
Duration: 4 hr 40 min
Time between flights: 2 hr 0 min

Depart: 10:40 PM Los Angeles, CA (LAX)
Arrive: 6:40 AM Sydney, NS (SYD)
Duration: 15 hr 0 min
This flight arrives 2 days after departure

Depart: 9:15 AM Sydney, NS (SYD)
Arrive: 6:00 AM Los Angeles, CA (LAX)
Duration: 13 hr 45 min
Time between flights: 1 hr 40 min

Depart: 7:40 AM Los Angeles, CA (LAX)
Arrive: 2:55 PM Atlanta, GA (ATL)
Duration: 4 hr 15 min

Luke called this a while ago!

Thank you BABABOOY!

Will the flight go daily? because a portion of that flight construction could be a domestic two day if!
a 777 FA crew depart ATL at 1900 and arrive LAX at 2040(on the first leg of Flight 17) day one..layover.. and depart(the second leg of Flight 16) day two, LAX at 0740 arrive ATL 1555! That could be a domestic two day, and a LAX crew fly the nonstop to SYD and back to LAX as an International pattern!

I agree the 777 is probably the right aircraft to be used on this new route (regarding your earlier post!)

SYD is a wonderful city with great people! :)

SYD is a wonderful city with great people! :)

I loved visiting Australia, but not enough to transfer bases :)

There should be lots of movement within the F/A ranks with this
announcement, and the expanding of SEA and the opening (again)
of PDX. movement is a good thing.

This wil be the first time we have four nonstop LAX to SYD airlines, Qantas, V Australia, United and DElta.

Latest posts