Attitude Check...and it's positive

AOG-N-IT

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
www.usaviation.com
I have been following these post CWA/IAM vote threads with great interest. We still have a few that are popping off from the privacy of thier home keyboards , with comments about We tried to shut it down and the alike. Thankfully to God..or whatever higher power you happen to subscribe too? , people like this are in the distancing minority. I for one was about 100% certain that the IAM contract concessions , were not going to fly. I tried to sway as many No''s to Yes''s as possible...because I''m where I always wanted to be...and it''s worth fighting for. My concerns about the IAM vote was based on gauging peoples remarks and attitudes at work. Thankfully the Bite was much less than the Bark in the final results. The positive thing I have noted of late is this....Even the most previously Diehard No Voters have put thier discord behind them. Most have realized that they would rather stick with what they know....rather than face the harsh reality of an un-certain job market. Those that have pounded the swords into plowshares...and have knuckled down to the task at hand , are to be commended!! Stating your views is not a crime..nor is casting an opposing vote . The only sad part is those that claim to be slowing down...or still so deeply angered with the end result , that they refuse to perform up to thier previous levels. This is thankfully very very isolated at best. The awareness of circumstance...and the maturity to see this through, speaks well of the USAirways family. We may not always agree?...We may not always like the hand we are dealt?.....but sticking around and playing the hand is what it''s all about. Let''s hope that we can live up to the promise that many new prospective investors see in us. Here''s to a better and brighter future.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/23/2002 12:16:52 AM willnotworkforfree wrote:

[blockquote]

----------------

----------------

[/blockquote]

I am glad that the toothfairy found your pillow.But I am afraid that all you wishes and expectations in this world, will not be found in this/these contracts. Reality will soon set in. And when it does, Dont blame ME..now you have a nice day.
----------------
[/blockquote]
Something obviously escaped your angered eyes. I never for one moment said that I was going to benefit from this contract. We have taken a hit , just like every labor group in this company has. The operative term being Company....without all our participation , we would be in an end all scenario...with an abrogated contract. What possible good would that have done for anyone? I know from talking to folks that are in The Know...that they had already started placing cross-hairs on the backs of those whom they would liked to rid themselves of...under a Free-Will work enviroment. You need to take stock of what you have...instead of crying about what you have lost. Was is a 'Pastense word. Allow yourself the freedom to explore other directions...if this is un-beareable to you?. Hanging out..being mad...and dragging others attitudes down , is not to anyones benefit , except maybe the competitions. I'm sure you are on your way to making Delta's Christmas card list.....Congratulations[img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/7.gif']

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/22/2002 11:56:00 PM AOG-N-IT wrote:

I have been following these post CWA/IAM vote threads with great interest. We still have a few that are popping off from the privacy of thier home keyboards , with comments about "We tried to shut it down" and the alike. Thankfully to God..or whatever higher power you happen to subscribe too? , people like this are in the distancing minority. I for one was about 100% certain that the IAM contract concessions , were not going to fly. I tried to sway as many No's to Yes's as possible...because I'm where I always wanted to be...and it's worth fighting for. My concerns about the IAM vote was based on gauging peoples remarks and attitudes at work. Thankfully the Bite was much less than the Bark in the final results. The positive thing I have noted of late is this....Even the most previously "Diehard No Voters" have put thier discord behind them. Most have realized that they would rather stick with what they know....rather than face the harsh reality of an un-certain job market. Those that have pounded the swords into plowshares...and have knuckled down to the task at hand , are to be commended!! Stating your views is not a crime..nor is casting an opposing vote . The only sad part is those that claim to be slowing down...or still so deeply angered with the end result , that they refuse to perform up to thier previous levels. This is thankfully very very isolated at best. The awareness of circumstance...and the maturity to see this through, speaks well of the USAirways family. We may not always agree?...We may not always like the hand we are dealt?.....but sticking around and playing the hand is what it's all about. Let's hope that we can live up to the promise that many new prospective investors see in us. Here's to a better and brighter future.
----------------
[/blockquote]
I am glad that the toothfairy found your pillow.But I am afraid that all you wishes and expectations in this world, will not be found in this/these contracts. Reality will soon set in. And when it does, Dont blame ME..now you have a nice day.[img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/1.gif']

AOG-N-IT

Perhaps that quiet you refer to is due to the fact that some of us are studying our options, and for now are going about our lives as usual, until we find other arrangements. Meanwhile, of course it's great to hear from people like yourself who are still pulling out their soapboxes, and telling everybody what a great day it is. Perhaps for once you could take a cue from those on the other side, find a quiet spot within, and let go of your, ain't it a beautiful world, line. If you think you were sick of hearing our opinion, think how we feel still being force fed your words of wisdom almost a week after the vote!

I know, I know... If I don't like what you have to say, DONT READ IT! But think of it this way, if you only reached those that agreed with you, you wouldn't have any reason to jump back on that soapbox.

AOG-N-IT,

I looked up your profile and see you are also based in CLT. The circumstances I see are much different from your view and looking ahead, I don't see it getting better.

Right now people are pondering and not as much work is getting accomplished. I've heard guys complain that co-workers who voted differently are shunning them. There are two distinct camps: the NO voters and the yes voters. Each accuses the other of not working to their full potential.

So, if this is what it's like now, what will it be like when guys have to work the extra 30 minutes a day (that was the least of my worries in voting NO on this IAM Restructuring Agreement)? Then let's combine that with a 6.8% pay cut and 16 weeks of paying back monies earned in good faith. When Novemeber and December come around and guys see there is so much less money for Christmas, it's not going to be rosy by a long shot. Go ahead to January when we pay increased dues to the IAM (let's get AMFA in here; gosh, let's hope they want us after this vote) and increased medical insurance costs along with the above mentioned cuts.

There are reasons to be upset for the next four months, at a minimum. Oh, yeah, throw a layoff or two in there for morale boosting too! AOG-N-IT, your outlook is idealistic, but it's definitely not rooted in reality.

Jet Mechanic

As much as I hate to say it, the financial part of it is not the end of the giving for all of us here..many of us now have to wait in limbo for the other shoe to drop...the Mid Atlantic shoe that is. Not only have we taken the pay cuts, but now we wait to see how many of us lucky folks get to take yet another big cut to work for MDA at $13 an hour, or we can sell the house and pick up the family and move to PHL or LGA at our new pay rate...this is a big item that the pilots and f/a didn't have to deal with since they are not home all of the time anyway...flying is flying weather you are based in PHL, PIT or CLT, but the rest of us will have to deal with the relocation saga.

I wonder if the company is going after those who have just retired but worked July thru Sep for the retro back pay?

Has the company negotiated the payrate for MDA to be $13? Must have missed that one. The $13 is for Express classifications. The MDA contract is yet to be negotiated per the contract. Read attachments H, I and J.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/23/2002 9:19:27 AM Imamec,itsmyfault wrote:

AOG-N-IT

Perhaps that quiet you refer to is due to the fact that some of us are studying our options, and for now are going about our lives as usual, until we find other arrangements. Meanwhile, of course it's great to hear from people like yourself who are still pulling out their soapboxes, and telling everybody what a great day it is. Perhaps for once you could take a cue from those on the other side, find a quiet spot within, and let go of your, "ain't it a beautiful world," line. If you think you were sick of hearing our opinion, think how we feel still being force fed your words of wisdom almost a week after the vote!

I know, I know... If I don't like what you have to say, DON"T READ IT! But think of it this way, if you only reached those that agreed with you, you wouldn't have any reason to jump back on that soapbox.
----------------
[/blockquote]
Dude, I don't even work for Usair and I have been sick of reading those, blowing sunshine up the keister posts. Yikes.

Yes, I have pondered the Silent Option..that is the pondering of the next move for the un-happy. I never for a moment said that everything was wonderful...or attempted to blow sunshine up anyone's posterior. I'm seeing things getting done at about the same rate as before...and my job allows me a systemwide view for comparison. Things will never be what they were...and won't be for a long time , if ever again? We at U are only the first to be forced to come to terms with the realities of our chosen industry Vs. the economy at hand. I'm going to find a way to make it work , regardless of the attitudes that happen to be around me. I can always recall on my days in military and with a commuter airline..When I did a hell of alot worse...for one hell of alot less. Things don't look so bad in retrospective view. Then I allow myself to consider the hundreds of thousands of people that would give anything to have a fraction of what I have. Again , for the slow learners...I'm taking the High Road...the glass is not full...but it sure as hell ain't half empty either. Maybe this is a psychological drill ..to avoid falling into a funk? Whatever the case?...Christmas, Vacation..or the drowning of the light?....I refuse to go through life angry, upset..or worse , feeling sorry for myself. You folks can say or do whatever suits you? Just don't try to poison the attitudes of those whom are going to try to make it work. I have made my stand, and I respect yours. I know without fail...I'm not alone!! I wish God's speed for those whom are going to seek greener pastures....I hope your corner of heaven is a resume away!! Good luck to all!!..........