Attitudes Speak Volumes!

All I know, is I (along with 1000nd of others) last Christmas had to take baggage calls that had "dominoed" across the entire industry because of US issues and the "sick" employees.

"All I know" is you had better get your facts straight before you compose such a, I will be kind, weak post. Really, what kind of imparement would cause such a post? One can only wonder. Greeter.

We got blamed for the imaginary sick...However what about the countless volunteers across the board that gave up xmas with family to help out at the airports. I was one of the f/a's at PHL that helped pull that management fiasco together. Wheres the headline news about that. BTW the managment was enjoying there holiday none showed up.

We got blamed for the imaginary sick...However what about the countless volunteers across the board that gave up xmas with family to help out at the airports. I was one of the f/a's at PHL that helped pull that management fiasco together. Wheres the headline news about that. BTW the managment was enjoying there holiday none showed up.

Talk about doing a number over on the employees.....these management wannabees had no idea what they were doing running an Airline, and to top it all off they were all rewarded with tidy sums of money to go away.....and leave the blame to all the hardworking dedicated employees who once again tried to straighten out all of the mess they handed to us! Is there an interview process and background check at management level or is it the good ole boy process from years past?

They were not there during the crisis, they went there after to help sort the bags and get them to wear they had to go.

Chiames was telling the media it was an IAM and AFA sickout.

US Airways spokesman Chris Chiames told the AP that the carrier usually plans for about 100 absences a day over the holiday period. But of about 1,675 flight attendants scheduled to work Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, about 300 called in sick on each of those days, he said.

"To suggest it was somehow a staffing issue on our part is to shift attention away from the ... employees who chose to do this," Chiames said.

Story

CHRISTOPHER CHIAMES, U.S. Airways Spokesman: We started in the hole on Friday, which was a busy travel day. We experienced abnormal levels of sick calls from flight attendants and baggage handlers, and we could just never dig out of the hole, unfortunately.

Story

700UW if you read very very carefully what Chiames said and wrote he NEVER directly accused any group of staging a "Sick out" what he did was very clever and frankly what he is paid to do and that is to "imply" without actually saying what he wanted the media to write.

He acheived the desired result while maintaining the ability to deny he ever made a direct reference. The man is a Certified Beltway Insider and is very well connected. I happen to like him very much on a personal level. Professionally he is what he is and that is a hired gun and I'm Ok with that. I know what I was dealing with going in.
Bob, This" clever" individual that you like very much stood in front of Aircraft Mechanics and stated that the company had no intention of outsourcing aircraft maintenence... :down:

Your "buddy" may be a Certified Beltway Insider and may very well be "connected", But he is also a Certified LIAR... Are you "OK" with that ?? Of course you are...

Here is an example of what i mean: Say I'm the Senior VP of Communications and I know that Crellin, Pretifillipo, Seigel etc etc are having a meeting with the topic being outsourcing. If I just "happen" to make myself unavailable to attend that meeting I can turn around and look you square in the eye and say "I have no knowledge of any plan to outsource Maintenance and have it be totally true. If the plan was made and I wasn't there I have no knowledge now do I? Is it slippery, shady and not above board? YES it is. But did he lie? NOPE!!!

Very weak example. Nope! That's not how it works. Slippery...right off a cliff.

You are "right on" about tapping media and taking it to the public...loud, and clear, continuous and consistant.

You guys don't "GET" how it works.

That's the way it works and the sooner organized labor wakes up

Your thinking reflects the very reason many are heading straight to hell, yet you boast you are on the “rightâ€￾ side of the big ball called earth when in fact you are caught up and entangled in the snare more so than the ones you point your indignant fingers at. Your preoccupation with solipsism keeps you making deranged posts. I bet you stay up most nights rereading what you wrote believing you have been touched by divinity.

Like First…I will never respond to another one of your sorry posts.

That's because you guys grieve EVERYTHING!

Bob,
If someone put a pickett fence up on your home property I expect you to just let it happen don't grieve it in court. When the guy next door then puts in a swimming pool on your property I expect not to grieve it in court! Finally when the guy throws a pool party and someone drowns in the pool and your sued you will then wish you had grieved it!

This is why you grieve things!

Get the point now?

Bob, This" clever" individual that you like very much stood in front of Aircraft Mechanics and stated that the company had no intention of outsourcing aircraft maintenence... :down:

Your "buddy" may be a Certified Beltway Insider and may very well be "connected", But he is also a Certified LIAR... Are you "OK" with that ?? Of course you are...
Amen,....... Piney BoB, We know a LIE when we hear it ,even if you dont!

Management worked nearly 300 shifts at PHL during "Operation Recovery". The majority of the employees showed up for their scheduled shifts. The facts are that flight attendant sick calls were three times higher than normal. The irresponsible actions of a few employees were the root cause of the negative media attention. My final thought is that sick leave should be taken when you are sick.

Bob,

Actually Chiames blamed the ramp and flight attendants for the meltdown in PHL along with our Lehman Bros. CEO. Said it was disgraceful and that we would be dealt with.

There was no mixing words; no double talk, no numbers game....just plain blatant, outright blaming the employees.

What CEO publicaly denounces their employees in Corporate America???? We were all in a middle of a Tentative agreement vote for Pete's sake!

Only after xmas, and after the numbers came in, did the company than realize they had cut staffing way too tight during the year and fell short for the holiday traffic increase. Every airline deals with holiday staffing levels. They prepare and anticipate weather, traffic loads etc... Its like blaming the troops in IRAQ for an insurgency for having too few of them guarding the country.

But then, you already know all this.

Bambi..
Daddy Warbucks is still here. more of the same old stuff.

From what I understand it has to do with an operating certificate...

Until he vacates...

I just pray that you guys will "let this go" someday with new management. Do us a favor and don't hold the new management accountable..years from now for everything the old management did. HP went through this with bonuses that were turned into "salary advances". This was done in the 80's and there are still people bitter about it even though not one single member of that management team is part of AWA now. Please let yourselves let it go someday...life is way to short and these jobs are just to good to lose.

Lakefield, who blamed problems of the past weekend on the "irresponsible actions of a few," told employees on Sunday that low morale and anger with management over pay cuts do not "pass the test" as excuses for what happened.

Airline Vice President Sherry Groff admitted to the shortages in a memo sent out a few days before the Christmas holiday meltdown, and noted that catering might suffer on certain flights because those workers were needed to cover gaps elsewhere in the operation.

Latest posts