Aviation Ground Crew Stress Study

DocSullivan

Oct 26, 2003
Hawaii, USA
aircrewhealth.com
About a year ago I began to do stress research with aircrews. Some of you may have heard of my Aircrew Stress Study.. It is still underway -- and in fact has expanded.

Over the course of the past year, I have received quite a few emails from aviation folks who work on the ground, asking, "What about us? We have stressful jobs, too."

Yes, you do. So, we have just launched a parallel study, called the Aviation Ground Crew Stress Study, to investigate stress encountered at work and in your personal life, how you cope, and the effects on your health. The questionnaire is identical to the Aircrew Stress Study except for the job-specific parts.

We'd like to have responses from people in all kinds of ground jobs in the aviation industry: dispatchers, schedulers, A & P mechanics and other maintenance people, airport staff, customer service agents, rampers, FBO personnel, air traffic controllers -- anyone and everyone who works in a ground job in aviation.

The questionnaire is on-line. It's anonymous -- we don't ask for your name or for the name of the company you work for. It takes about 30 minutes to fill in.

There's more information about the study, as well as our other work -- and even about me (the principal researcher) :D -- on our website:

AircrewHealth.com

or you can go directly to the Ground Crew Stress Study intro by clicking on:

GroundCrewStudy.com

And please pass the word along to your colleagues. Ask them to log onto http://GroundCrewStudy.com so we can make this study as successful as the Aircrew Stress Study has been. :up:

One more thing to note: All of our studies are independent, not funded by any company, union, or government agency. They are done for scientific, not commercial reasons.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. You may PM me or email me with any questions you may have.