New way for Tempe to save money

SparrowHawk

Veteran
Nov 30, 2009
ATTN: You may want to merge this with the "middle Manager" thread.

Just as I've been saying all along that how you treat employees can have a direct effect on performance. NOW we have no less than the New York Times weighing in.

Here's a snippit,

A number of studies have documented the health toll of workplace stress, showing that unhappy workers are at higher risk for heart problems and depression, among other things. This month, Danish researchers reported on a 15-year study of 12,000 nurses finding that nurses struggling with excessive work pressures had double the risk for a heart attack. And a British study tracking 6,000 workers for 11 years found that those who regularly worked more than 10 hours a day had a 60 percent higher risk for heart disease than those who put in 7 hours.

Whole Story Here

They could care less..

Someone put a bug in my ear and mentioned' we have to give 110%!!

Imagine that?

From the employees I know in Charlotte. No one from local or Tempe management gives a you know what a bout the employees. The beatings will continue. They will do (or attempt) to do more with less. Employee stress is through the roof.

ATTN: You may want to merge this with the "middle Manager" thread.

Just as I've been saying all along that how you treat employees can have a direct effect on performance. NOW we have no less than the New York Times weighing in.

Here's a snippit,

Whole Story Here

Good article, did I read the date correctly as June 22, 2010, or am I all stressed out?

IMMEDIATLY CUT SHIFT MANAGERS ...AND....CLERKS.....OURS STANDS AROUND AND CHIT CHAT
AFTER SHE CLOCKS IN..

MORE DEADWOOD...I FOR 1 WOULD LIKE TO SEE OUR SM G-O-N-E

IMMEDIATLY CUT SHIFT MANAGERS ...AND....CLERKS.....OURS STANDS AROUND AND CHIT CHAT
AFTER SHE CLOCKS IN..

MORE DEADWOOD...I FOR 1 WOULD LIKE TO SEE OUR SM G-O-N-E

PIT is still top heavy and they could probably cross train and combine the ramp/gate/admin shift manager positions and cut them from a total of 6 to 4. They could also have 1 duty manager for both ramp and gate, which would reduce them to 1.
Lastly, since PIT is no longer even a focus city, they could probably get rid of the station director position, and hire someone to be a station manager. All of this would probably save PIT about $200K per year or more, but then there wouldn't be sufficient layers of management to buffer and blame when something goes wrong.

Latest posts