aviation school

mike00129

Oct 28, 2008
Hey guys im very new to the aviation world and need some help from you experts..

I was browsing the net for schools near los angeles and came up with a school called ATP which is located in long beach CA

I was wondering if that school is good to attend.

I want to get into driving commercial airplanes.

They have job placements there also after u graduate.

They said that after i graduate they whould recruit me as a teacher there and get paid salary till i get my hours and den take another course to get in to the airlines. Do u think these school is legit ? cause it cost alot .

U guys thin these schools is good to enroll?

If u guys have any other school in mind then let me know thanks for the help guys

Hey guys im very new to the aviation world and need some help from you experts..

I was browsing the net for schools near los angeles and came up with a school called ATP which is located in long beach CA

I was wondering if that school is good to attend.

I want to get into driving commercial airplanes.

They have job placements there also after u graduate.

They said that after i graduate they whould recruit me as a teacher there and get paid salary till i get my hours and den take another course to get in to the airlines. Do u think these school is legit ? cause it cost alot .

U guys thin these schools is good to enroll?

If u guys have any other school in mind then let me know thanks for the help guys
If you wanna make the trek up here, try out UND Aerospace, best school for aviation majors.

Hi Mike!

ATP is a good school. Their training is very rigorous, and team-oriented, just like the flight deck of that jet you'll be flying in a few years. I've heard many good things about ATP

Be sure to also check out Embry-Riddle's extended campus in Long Beach, not far from the airport. You can find it at http://www.erau.edu/ec

I was going through the motions of moving back to my hometown and start going to the Long Beach campus, but I had to scrub the move because of unforeseen circumstances. But I'm still working on my degree from ERAU. Their extended campus system costs way less than going to a residential campus (Daytona or Prescott). With the little I make, I can pay out of pocket, freeing me from student loan repayment in the future (interest alone can be worth a full type rating in a heavy aircraft!).

Be smart about your flight training. I hear this from many pilots: it's not worth getting into serious debt to become a pilot. The degree from the extended campus is worth as much as one from Daytona or Prescott in the eyes of the airline recruiter. Plus, you can work it around your schedule if you work full-time, or even take classes online. Though you're not flying in ERAU's fleet, you're still getting valuable training (particularly that from ATP).

What part in LA are you from? You're talking to a Culver City boy!

Latest posts

Back