Awa-usair Code Share First

PineyBob said:
Tough darts!!!! You reap what you sow! Part of being an executive is you accept a greater risk for a potentially greater reward. If you fail YOU LOSE! pure and simple. But not these guys, they want Customers and employees to subsidize their failures.

Many of the salaried workers in CCY are not wealthy folks and live paycheck to paycheck just like other employees. The group you're talking about is a select few.

"OK, Ill accept that! Then cut the top officers OUT of the plan."

No No No. Golden parachutes at the top. Lead ones for the rest.

If USAIRWAYS is gonna have a codeshare relationship with America West, is the codeshare agreement with United over? They both are competitors in the West?...Will reservation availabilty show both or AW first?

Reservation Agent said:
If USAIRWAYS is gonna have a codeshare relationship with America West, is the codeshare agreement with United over? They both are competitors in the West?...Will reservation availabilty show both or AW first?
[post="269593"][/post]​

Are US-HP really competitors out west? Except on some flights to/from PHX, I really don't see much overlap between UA and HP.

Yes...We have a codeshre agreement with United and already book alot of flights to & from the West on United....Will we end the codeshare agreement with United and go with AW fights out West?

Like someone that wants to go from PHL to SMF (Sacramento)...Will we book either United or America West ?

The only way US Airways or United obtains revenue in the code share is when a passenger travels on their airline.

If US Airways and America West merge and code share first, if US Airways reservation agents book a flight on Untied and the passenger could have flown on US Airways-America West to their final destination, then US Airways would give the revenue away to United.

Expect the merger to be announced very soon and a holding company to be created. The holding company will be controlled by third party investor(s) and any revenue obtained by US Airways – America West would become the Holding Company’s revenue.

Once the code sharing and merger are complete, US Airways -America West Holding company agents for the combined business enterprise must book flights on the combined business entity first, and then Untied, if both companies serve a common destination, so the US Airways – America West holding company obtains the revenue.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

BoeingBoy said:
I think ReservationAgent meant that UA & HP compete out west....

Jim
[post="269597"][/post]​

My mistake, I typed "US-HP" yet meant to type "UA-HP".

While I certainly don't have the answer, it would seem that US/HP would still find the UA codeshare in their best interests if for no other reason than UA's Pacific reach. Whether UA would see it the same is another question.

Jim

I would also add that a structural change in US(mereger with another airline) should trigger an automatic review with the members of the Star Alliance. This would probably cover any debate in United. They would probably take cues from LH and the others seeing as how they probably had to when they tried to acquire them in the past.

I don't think that these alliances are going to be stable for the next few years. I think it's a good thing for US/HP to pursue Star and alliance with UA and AC, but I don't think it's a sure thing to continue and may not be essential for survival. There will be changes, especially with UA still in bankruptcy and DL's current situation.

I could see re alignment of SkyTeam, I could see US/HP in oneworld, I could see US/HP with Virgin or going it alone.... I could see this deal falling apart and U liquidating it's system... I could see this deal basically being a liquidation of U into HP, with massive break up of the U system. I guess this means that I'm guaranteed to be right with this far flung prediction.

I think that it's likely that investors may be interested in US/HP as a hedge against UA failing or oil prices falling. And if it's a moderate success, I could see more money coming into UA and DL and NW and CO and B6 and FL and F9 etc

UA/DL (well, just ATL and JFK)
NW/CO
B6/F9

etc.

Also, is there any chance with a holding company/code share intergration model, is there any chance the the HP system will contract with U for maintenance? While U will contract with HP for reservations? With both cancelling their external/external outsourcing?