Us Airways July Net Income $2.34 Million

tadjr said:
Thats good news!
(And one of the shortest press reports I've ever seen....)
[post="292945"][/post]​
You know how the press is--they never expand on details when there's good things to report about the airlines!

BIG DEAL !!!!!!! A lousy 2 million during the busiest month of the year.
After all we have given back in concessions that's all they could post.
Shame on them once again. :angry:

I guess you have no idea that fuel costs are up 50%+. I'm sure everyone in CCY has been working hard to drive up fuel costs even higher to ensure the airline loses more money.

totobird said:
[post="293004"][/post]​

I don't want to be too critical.....but if I had to guess you'd be a "cup is half empty" person. Things will turn around once Doug is at the helm. If Doug can't do it I seriously doubt anyone can. That being said he is our best chance for survival, but he can't do it without US! We have to pull together as a united team and follow his lead.

Didnt they just sell some assets?? Ahh thats where the profit cam from.

On a brighter note.. even with the asset sale, Im sure most of that revenue came from Intl, which is kicking ass... this company will never make a dime off domestic travel.

Unlike Dave Siegel, Doug Parker has a proven track record. True, if he doesn't succeed in turning this company around it probably can't be done. Of course many of the internet ceo's on here may think they can. LOL.... :lol:

It was Dave who did all that at continental? I didn't know he had all that responsibility? hmmm. Regardless, Doug knows what he is doing. I have faith that he will do well. If not then I can go work at Gate Gourmet with Dave. He is definately doing his magic there. Maybe Continental was just a little luck for him. LOL

totobird said:
[post="293004"][/post]​

Toto....have you not read the news about the fuel prices??? We are lucky we squeeked out anything.

Dave did not bring CO out of BK, guess you forgot he worked at ExpressJet, not CAL.

Siegel's claim to fame was ordering the EMB-145s for XJT.
Guess you forgot about a man named Beuthene and Bonderman.

Latest posts

Back