Awesome Stories

Has to be some kind of upper management....maybe a Supe? Sounds like an interview for rehire is forth coming? AWA is great...when you have the staffing and the equipment...I think the smaller field stations have the potential to have just as much fun but we are short staffed....the "rules" are one big gray area.... sometimes it seems like all the big celebrations only happen in the hubs...yeah...sniff...sniff....we do feel left out...we work our butts off too to make the flight turn as quick as possible...dunno what my point is but...we do try to have fun...

kao, I work for a supervisor who works for a manager who works for a director. I'm not currently in management, but ya know you may be right about an interview to be rehired into my position. I really hope I'm asked to stay but really have not much control over the situation. I'm sure the folks at the outstations do a great job and deserve to participate in the major hub celebrations. Sounds like ya'll do a pretty good job working together and having some fun while doing it.

To be honest its been a long time since I've felt that joy. The split between managment has been going on for many years. Going to work with your guard up all the time wears on you. As I said before, I'm PSA and we enjoyed our careers then too. Please be very specific when you talk about people ie:who they are and jobs they are in. Also, what's the cactus club? Explain the biggest Thanksgiving in more detail. We at east badly need a sense of belonging that includes fun rather than fight. Thank you for sharing.

I hope your asked to stay on. Good Luck.

Being specific with names is a no no on this board. It can get you in the penalty box by the moderator. The cactus club is for employees who team together to attend an event and is reimbursible upto I think...25 bucks per person per event. The details of reimbursement depend on several things, but I've attended Suns Basketball, Diamond Back and Cardinal games, luncheons, dinners, wacky golf with employees and have been reimbursed the entire amount in all but the Suns games which got me 25 bucks off a nice ticket. Anyway it costs a buck per pay period to join and it pays for itself after the first cactus club event you attend. You can read about it on Compass for more information.

Is there a way to get on compass if you not HP but old east? These events sound like a great way to advertise our company while getting a bit of change$$ and enjoy something fun while doing it. I wonder if DP will have all bases start this type of participation. Do these events happen outside of PHX? Thanks for the advice on name dropping here.

I remember back in the old Ed and Mike days at HP, I once worked a full shift at Thanksgiving, and the company set up a full turkey stuffing and gravy dinner for all the folk working at the airport, I volunteered to serve and was with Mike Conway and most of the Sr. Management of the company.

It was a good time, back in the late 80's in the optimistic pre 747, and pre-union days.

Is there a way to get on compass if you not HP but old east? These events sound like a great way to advertise our company while getting a bit of change$$ and enjoy something fun while doing it. I wonder if DP will have all bases start this type of participation. Do these events happen outside of PHX? Thanks for the advice on name dropping here.

I know the goal is to have everyone be able to access Compass. How soon I don't know, but once you can get in you can access on any pc or laptop. I think its a matter for our IT folks to get all employees access.

Below is info about the Cactus club directly off of Compass!

AMERICA WEST'S CACTUS CLUB
Ever ask why some of your fellow employees can get their bowling teams or horseback riding adventures funded by the company? Curious about that America West-appareled ski club or softball shirt you just saw someone wearing? Have you ever inquired as to why some workgroups always seem to get free hockey, movie or baseball tickets?

The answer probably resides somewhere within AWA’s Cactus Club, our company’s long-standing organization devoted to financing recreational, teamwork and social activities for employees systemwide. Although it started out in 1990 with
just a handful of employees, the Cactus Club now has a membership of nearly 3,500 employees.

EMPLOYEE-FUNDED, EMPLOYEE-MANAGED
The Cactus Club has an active membership. It's employee-funded (i.e., funds are generated from employee contributions of $1 per paycheck) and employee-managed. The purpose of the Cactus Club is to use up as much of the annual budget as possible. Every month, the club's board (10 employees selected by their peers every January) meets to discuss specific workgroup and community-based events, and then decides which groups to allocate funds to. In most cases, those who formally request funds from the Cactus Club will get it. In 2000 alone, the club brought in, and doled out, nearly $80,000 in funds to hundreds of individuals and groups.

HOW TO JOIN
If you are interested in joining or would like more information about the club, see your local Cactus Club representative. To find a rep in your area, click here for the list of current representatives. There is also a list in the Cactus Club Outlook public folder or look in the DRS or QIK and type in GGCACTUSCLUB.

I know the goal is to have everyone be able to access Compass. How soon I don't know, but once you can get in you can access on any pc or laptop. I think its a matter for our IT folks to get all employees access.

Below is info about the Cactus club directly off of Compass!

AMERICA WEST'S CACTUS CLUB
Ever ask why some of your fellow employees can get their bowling teams or horseback riding adventures funded by the company? Curious about that America West-appareled ski club or softball shirt you just saw someone wearing? Have you ever inquired as to why some workgroups always seem to get free hockey, movie or baseball tickets?

The answer probably resides somewhere within AWA’s Cactus Club, our company’s long-standing organization devoted to financing recreational, teamwork and social activities for employees systemwide. Although it started out in 1990 with
just a handful of employees, the Cactus Club now has a membership of nearly 3,500 employees.

EMPLOYEE-FUNDED, EMPLOYEE-MANAGED
The Cactus Club has an active membership. It's employee-funded (i.e., funds are generated from employee contributions of $1 per paycheck) and employee-managed. The purpose of the Cactus Club is to use up as much of the annual budget as possible. Every month, the club's board (10 employees selected by their peers every January) meets to discuss specific workgroup and community-based events, and then decides which groups to allocate funds to. In most cases, those who formally request funds from the Cactus Club will get it. In 2000 alone, the club brought in, and doled out, nearly $80,000 in funds to hundreds of individuals and groups.

HOW TO JOIN
If you are interested in joining or would like more information about the club, see your local Cactus Club representative. To find a rep in your area, click here for the list of current representatives. There is also a list in the Cactus Club Outlook public folder or look in the DRS or QIK and type in GGCACTUSCLUB.
Its like somthing we have needed for a long time as Al Green sings love and happiness :up:

This was sent to out to the inflight training depatment staff and Line Instructors from our manager at UWest. Way to go UEast.!!!!

I don't want to make this a trip report, but simply to say wow.

Yesterday, on US flight 1238, DCA to BUF, I had what I probably consider the best service I have ever had on a domestic flight. I was seated in 1D, my favorite seat, in an empty F class (only 6 people to fill 12 seats). The F/A was an older, somewhat large lady named Rhonda, who I can only guess has been with US for a long time, probably through a few airlines in US history. She memorized each of our names before coming around for service, didn't leave us with an empty glass, and pretty much forced snacks down our throats. She also knew who in the cabin were Chairman's Preferred members (all but two of us were), and on her last round through the cabin before landing, came around and personally thanked each of us for our business.

In the 18 months that I have been flying US almost exclusively, I have never experienced this type of customer service. It was simply awesome for a 50 minute flight.

I will absolutely be writing US to praise her service.

I remember back in the old Ed and Mike days at HP, I once worked a full shift at Thanksgiving, and the company set up a full turkey stuffing and gravy dinner for all the folk working at the airport, I volunteered to serve and was with Mike Conway and most of the Sr. Management of the company.

It was a good time, back in the late 80's in the optimistic pre 747, and pre-union days.

At the res centers the sups serve a full turkey / ham dinner each and every thanksgiving xmas (catered by Boston market good stuff

I heard Anthony Mule' talk about how it's all about the people. Very sincere, very inspiring.

Then I saw how the people who are all about the people treat people.

And I wonder how far down is it all about the people?

Then I saw how the people who are all about the people treat people.
Huh?

Latest posts

Back