Passenger Trip Report

ant_us_flier

Sep 8, 2006
I first want to start by saying that I ran across this site a few months ago and this is my first post. I have been reading a lot of negative posts, so I wanted to do a positive post on my recent experience.

I fly US alot, and am loyal to the company. I am a CP (at least for this year) most likly platinum for next at this rate.

I normally fly solo for work. (no family) but this trip was the wife and kids and the first time the kids were on a flight.

We did a flight on 9/3 FLT#1018 to STT, and I have to say, I was very happy with the service from the F/A's they were great with my kids. It took a lot of the stress of flying with a 4 and 2 year old away. They did everything they could to make sure we were all comfortable, and they delivered top notch service.

Yesterday was our return from STT to CLT on flight 1041 on 9/7. Again with great service and making our family feel welcome and comfortable.

We then had a connection in CLT to PHL on flight 1586. This is where the real test for out kids came in.

The flight was scheduled to leave at 9:40pm.At 10:30 they announced that we needed to change planes, do to a circuit problem. Well at this time the kids were getting tired and crannky. Now having traveled tons, I have been sitted next to screaming kids, etc.. Whe we got off the plane to reboard the next, I went into the terminal to get some milk for my 2 yr old to help her sleep so she wasnt screaming. EVERYTHING WAS CLOSED!!! So here I am thinking i am SOL and we are going to have other passengers want to kill my kids :) I think we have all been there :)

I went up to the gate area, and asked if anyone knew where I could get some milk. The captian, who I wish I got his name, was AWESOME!!!!! He went out of his way, to go into the break room and get a container of milk. Becasue of the new TSA rules, he then held it for us until we got onto the plane. To make a long story short, both of my kids slept through the flight, NO ONE was pissed becasue it was late and there was kids screaming.

This really made the flight a pleasure, and will definitly do it again.

I know it doesnt sound like much, but to have people go out of their way to make not only you but everyone else comfortable really goes a long way!!!!!

I want to thank everyone from the gate agents, who found an entire row to put 4 people in on all flights, (which we really needed) to the F/A's who made us comfortable to this specific pilot who went out of his way.

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH. Because of this, it reminded me why I am loyal to US, and will remain.

You helped make out trip, as we were really dreading the first time flying with our kids.

THANKS AGAIN

One other thing to add to this which was a real shocker!

When we landed in PHL, I told my wife it was probably going to be a while until we got our baggage. So we went and got the car, then looped through the baggage claim. Within 20 minutes of getting off the flight, they had our luggage tagged as unclaimed. I thought for sure I would be waiting for a while, especially since what I had been reading about before (irate people getting arrested waiting 2+ hours for luggage)

First, let me say Welcome to the board! Since you've been reading for a while you know there are a great deal of varied topics, one of the most highly discussed has been US customer service. I am very happy to hear that you and your family had a wonderful experience while traveling with US. We dont always seem to reach the level of customer service that we would like to provide to all our customers on all of our flights and in every way possible. I know that you said you didnt get the name of the employees that were so kind but if you wouldnt mind dropping a note to customer relations with the date and flight times or numbers, Im sure they would be able to find the employees and let them know how much they were appreciated. Sometimes after a discouraging day an acknowlegement or a kind word about their job performance can reinvigorate an employee to again perform their job to the highest standards. Thanks for posting, I think it gives us all a moment to know that we can attain good customer service and that it is noticed and can make a difference in your travel experience. Also, thanks for continuing to travel with US through this quite tumultuous merger. Regards, Mama

One other thing to add to this which was a real shocker!

When we landed in PHL, I told my wife it was probably going to be a while until we got our baggage. So we went and got the car, then looped through the baggage claim. Within 20 minutes of getting off the flight, they had our luggage tagged as unclaimed. I thought for sure I would be waiting for a while, especially since what I had been reading about before (irate people getting arrested waiting 2+ hours for luggage)

One benefit of arriving late at night is that you will probably get your luggage expeditiously (if it made the flight).

The reason being that it is likely that yours is the last flight of the night for the ground crew to work, which motivates them to offload it quickly, so they can punch out and go home (or make "last call").

One benefit of arriving late at night is that you will probably get your luggage expeditiously (if it made the flight).

The reason being that it is likely that yours is the last flight of the night for the ground crew to work, which motivates them to offload it quickly, so they can punch out and go home (or make "last call").
Do we have to be negative about everything? Lets enjoy reading something positive and leave the rest for another thread. There ARE positives and we need to expand and learn from them. Its encouraging to know we can make a difference.

I call troll.

A CP flier certainly knows the operating hours at a major hub.

Looks like the Tempe people are registering as posters.

Nope, do not work for US. Here is my status off my DM status site. Somethings removed for my own protection. I would hope you could understand.

I know the hours of a major hub. for 1. in phl, I was referring to a scuffle that heppened I beleive around 12pm with police and an passenger waiting for luggage. http://www.usaviation.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30637

#2. In CLT, I thought most of the bars closed at 11pm. Well I was wrong. 1/2 hour off.

All I wanted to do was post something nice, to let the people know who helped us, that we were greatful.

Let try to keep it positive.

Attachments

• CP.jpg
    CP.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 114
I wish I could start doing all that above and beyond stuff but I'm so tired all the time from working all the over time I can get so I can just pay my bills and feed my kids.

NO JOKE I CAN'T EVEN GO ON A SHORT TRIP FROM THIS PLACE.
SORRY FOR THE NEGATIVE BUT IT HAS TO BE SAID.

There are tons of us who would rather go back to being those professionals who always went above and beyond but until I am treated and paid like one. I will just do what’s necessary no more no less.

Latest posts