BA/IAG heard from:

I can see AA's CLT hub larger than DL's ATL someday ...... with lots of BA flights to boot.

WT even though a lot of us are against a merger, its a fact that the two are most likely talking..at least US is to the creditors of AA and from what Ive read they are more open to that as are the pilots union in the event of the "failed talks with the union" to discussing the merger and etc But dont you think that at least for regulatory purposes only though that it would be easier for AA/US merge, may be with US gladly to move to Oneworld and financing from IAG/BA/IB and who knows may be even TPG could also throw in some? Personelly I do not see how DL would pass regulatory moves for the merger of AA and secondly I believe that DL would never leave Skyteam to One World I believe that BA is determine to keep AA in it but I also believe that if AA doesnt get their act together like now it will be too late similar to Pan Am and Eastern and TWA

...[A]s long as US law, prevents foreign ownership indirectly through the bankruptcy courts. Lawyers and consultants ( both company and unions ) will continue to rape and pillage the system.
Do you think bankruptcy was a way to merge BA and AA?

WT even though a lot of us are against a merger, its a fact that the two are most likely talking..at least US is to the creditors of AA and from what Ive read they are more open to that as are the pilots union in the event of the "failed talks with the union" to discussing the merger and etc But dont you think that at least for regulatory purposes only though that it would be easier for AA/US merge, may be with US gladly to move to Oneworld and financing from IAG/BA/IB and who knows may be even TPG could also throw in some? Personelly I do not see how DL would pass regulatory moves for the merger of AA and secondly I believe that DL would never leave Skyteam to One World I believe that BA is determine to keep AA in it but I also believe that if AA doesnt get their act together like now it will be too late similar to Pan Am and Eastern and TWA
:D

Now there's a definitive statement. "It's a fact" . . . "that I don't really know whether US and AA are talking" so "I'll hedge my comments."

:D

Do you think bankruptcy was a way to merge BA and AA?
I am not sure that during bankruptcy BA can infuse cash or buy AMR.
With the limit of foreign ownership, the company may have to exist first.

American Airlines and British Airways Offer Customers Seamless Service to India With New Codeshare Agreement

FORT WORTH, Texas, March 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ – American Airlines and British Airways have received approval from the Indian government to place the AA* code on British Airways flights from London to the following Indian cities: Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad and Mumbai. The new codeshare flights are scheduled to go on sale today with the first travel date starting March 29. This new codeshare agreement provides American customers more convenient choices and greater connectivity when traveling to India.

The codeshare allows American to place its code on fellow oneworld® member and joint business partner, British Airways, flights through London Heathrow Airport. The placement of American’s code on British Airways flights will complement American’s existing service to India through partner airline Jet Airways via Brussels.

“This new codeshare relationship will give our customers extra options and easier access to India while enjoying the excellent service British Airways has to offer,” said Kenji Hashimoto, American’s Vice President –Strategic Alliances. “Adding convenience for our joint customers is one of our primary goals and our network is able to grow because of this new codeshare agreement.”

As always, members of the American Airlines AAdvantage® program will be able to earn miles on the codeshare flights, providing customers another benefit of the strengthened alliance.

Greetings from Munich ! You know what ( and I know I m gonna get trashed for saying this by a few here ) but I am starting to think IAG may invest in a US/AA tie up . I may be wrong ,but I am getting a hunch that this may be the case .

I am not sure that during bankruptcy BA can infuse cash or buy AMR.
With the limit of foreign ownership, the company may have to exist first.
Do you think that rules will become more relaxed with regard to foreign ownership in our political climate? Obama is a oneworld kind of guy. Do you think that his administration will help push mergers through?

Do you think that rules will become more relaxed with regard to foreign ownership in our political climate? Obama is a oneworld kind of guy. Do you think that his administration will help push mergers through?
The president in my view should have been pro labor. I have seen nothing to indicate that. In fact with his position on Boeing at South Carolina, he is the opposite. Will he help with AA's bankruptcy and or any kind of ,merger,no. In his campaign for reelection, he cannot appear to support anything to do with the right.

Greetings from Munich ! You know what ( and I know I m gonna get trashed for saying this by a few here ) but I am starting to think IAG may invest in a US/AA tie up . I may be wrong ,but I am getting a hunch that this may be the case .
Uh oh..

From the Phoenix news paper today:
http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/morning_call/2012/03/british-airways-may-pursue-american.html

The president in my view should have been pro labor. I have seen nothing to indicate that. In fact with his position on Boeing at South Carolina, he is the opposite. Will he help with AA's bankruptcy and or any kind of ,merger,no. In his campaign for reelection, he cannot appear to support anything to do with the right.
Boeing South Carolina is a very undesirable place to work,the NLRB did settle the complaint.A new 737 line will be opened in Seattle.
Obama has nothing to do with Mergers clearing anti trust laws.

Boeing South Carolina is a very undesirable place to work,the NLRB did settle the complaint.A new 737 line will be opened in Seattle.
Obamney doesn't seem to have much to do with anything other than stirring up trouble at home and apologizing to the world, especially his extended family in the Middle East.

Obamney doesn't seem to have much to do with anything other than stirring up trouble at home and apologizing to the world, especially his extended family in the Middle East.
Your at wrong topic take that to the right wing nut topic.

Uh oh..

From the Phoenix news paper today:
http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/morning_call/2012/03/british-airways-may-pursue-american.html
As long as the 6th floor is cleaned out and BA's people are moved in, that should be a blessing. Somebody, SOMEWHERE, knows how to run an airline.

A buyout by LUV would be OK also if, again, the 6th floor Centrepork infestation was removed and replaced with airline people.

They're going to build wings in SC. They just bought, or are about to buy 600+ acres about 20 miles north of their CHS operation.

Back