"Back In The Day" US, PI, AL, PS

Ahhhh Yes, The good 'ol days......

Getting trashed with the midnight foreman while at work during a xmas party.....

Sleeping while making double time.....

Those were the days....... :up:

Let's hear from some PSA people about the orange hot pants. Then hear the Al people state they were the first with mini skirts.

I remember 2 incidents.
1) We had an F28 at the gate ready for pushback(pre Empire),well the shear pin snapped and we did'nt have a replacement. We had only 1 towbar.We asked Empire to lend us theirs.NO WAY.
So we removed the towbar, got 2 people on each tire and 2 at the nose and got the full F28 pushed and turned.It was the last time we did that.Oddly enough we aquired Empire shortly after that.
2)As customer service we had 727s going from EWR to ORF.We made a bet with ORF we could turn a full 727 in 10 mins.What we did was deplane by aft stairs onto the ramp and up emergency stairs.As the deplaned we has an agt clean the rows and move back as they did.As they got to the rear galley we started boarding.Missed it by 3mins and lost a case of beer on the bet.
Also remember when we actually had commercials on TV. :shock:

How about two from a pax…

First flight I ever took was from BNA to RDU on Piedmont when I was 16 with my grandmother who had never flown as well. I remember looking out the window the whole flight. Having never flown before, I even tried to pay for the coke. (This was in the days when you got the whole can)

In my early days of flying for work out of GSO, I was on a flight to ORD. My boss and I were flying and the flight was delayed because the coffee maker wasn’t working. With the delay we were going to miss our connection in ORD and we were going to have to cancel the trip. The gate agent upgraded us to first so we could get off the plane first and maybe, just maybe make our connection. We did in fact make it as they were getting ready to shut the door. Had she not done that, we would have missed our flight and I would have missed a $250,000 order. I’ve never forgotten it and flew PI almost exclusively after that.

She still works in GSO, or did last March when I flew out of there last. To this day, every time I see her I think of what she did and how much it meant to me at the time. That’s been almost 20 years ago.

Oftentimes when speaking with veteran US Airways employees, they reminisce about their fondest memories of how life used to be "Back In The Day!"

What are some of your's??? :up:

I remember the days when, as a guest at a party or other function, people would ask: "What do you do?"

And I would say with pride, "I'm a pilot for PSA."

And the asker would say, "I love PSA! We fly you all the time and love it."

My fondest wish is that I will once again experience that feeling when I say, "I'm a pilot for the "new" USAirways."

Back