Bags out east

A very rosy outlook. Actually, I'm quite pleased that passengers are taking a chance with checked bags and having success retrieving them at baggage claim in PHL. That means the rest of us can actually enjoy the holidays at work instead of sorting out tractor trailer loads. Good job!

its not looking pretty. heard from a friend at an outstation in Florida they're having more than usual amounts of bag claims from people originating in PHL... no claims for connecting pax yet

TSA was backed up this morning in PHL resulting in many missed orig. bags.

its not looking pretty. heard from a friend at an outstation in Florida they're having more than usual amounts of bag claims from people originating in PHL... no claims for connecting pax yet

First flight from PHL this am took about 15-20 claims. They all came in on the next flight (which was 55 mins late due lae and loading cargo). Next 2 flights only had about 5-10 claims each. Left at 5pm and had about 45 claims open (not sure how many from just PHL though). Checked one claim this am and they checked in at 530am for a 645am flight and the bag didnt make it. All the claims off that flight would have been local only. Hope tonight went well.

Had about 40 open claims tonight so things arent getting too out of hand. I spoke with the bag delivery guys and they said AA was up about 150 missing this am.

We should be okay if Comairs computer system doesnt crash and we accept 50,000 Delta passengers without their bags like we did last year....

We should be okay if Comairs computer system doesnt crash and we accept 50,000 Delta passengers without their bags like we did last year....
You silly Christmas Goose let's not forget all those "Bad" rampers who orchestrated a mass walkout (Ha!) and the 340 f/a's that called in sick and countless pilots that elected to stay home and roast chestnuts around an open fire. :lol:

PineyBob,

Thanks for reminding everyone what really happened last year. It was management's lack of planning, not a bunch of disgruntled employees who decided to act out on their frustrations.

What amazes me to this day is why no management-type heads didn't get kicked to the curb. A double standard, I guess?

This year, I am so grateful to have a management team who wants to run an airline. The difference is very apparent.

I truly believe we have much to look forward to in the New Year!

Dea :up:

Back