Bank Of America VISA--Are You Still Soliciting?

Art at ISP

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
Dix Hills NY
www.ffocus.org
A friend called me the other day and asked me if US Airways F/A's are still soliciting B of A VISA cards on board. He made what I consider to be a valid point: Bank of America ceases its affinity relationship with US Airways in March of 2009. No more miles, no more benefits no more nada from US except the miles already accrued. YET they still charge the annual fee, which does go to support some of these benefits.

Now to me IF this is true, it appears to be fraudulent--perhaps not intentional, but by definition, something is not right here. My friend has sent this issue to Suze Orman and other financial journalists for comment, but in the mean time, I advise anyone who considers signing up for a new Bof A VISA to think a little harder.

I am cancelling mine this month....

It just ain't right........

A friend called me the other day and asked me if US Airways F/A's are still soliciting B of A VISA cards on board. He made what I consider to be a valid point: Bank of America ceases its affinity relationship with US Airways in March of 2009. No more miles, no more benefits no more nada from US except the miles already accrued. YET they still charge the annual fee, which does go to support some of these benefits.

Now to me IF this is true, it appears to be fraudulent--perhaps not intentional, but by definition, something is not right here. My friend has sent this issue to Suze Orman and other financial journalists for comment, but in the mean time, I advise anyone who considers signing up for a new Bof A VISA to think a little harder.

I am cancelling mine this month....

It just ain't right........
I'm surprised you still have yours....

No I just haven't gotten around to it as yet. Plus I have savings and CD's linked to Bank of America at the moment...plus I own a significant number of B of A shares...

I will be getting the CO Mastercard in short order....I just thought this was interesting in light of current planned changes--again lack of planning or considering consequences on Tempe's part.

I DO give them credit--for being consistent--in their shortsightedness....

From the last annual report:

Pre-merger US Airways’ credit card program was administered by Bank of America, N.A. (USA). Pending termination of the Bank of America agreement, there is a dual branding period during which both Barclays and Bank of America are running separate credit card programs for us. As a result of a May 11, 2007 settlement of litigation filed by Bank of America against US Airways Group, US Airways and AWA, the agreement with Bank of America has been extended to March 31, 2009, among other changes, and the dual branding period has been extended through the same date. The term of the amended credit card agreement with Barclays also was extended to March 31, 2015, among other changes, as a result of the litigation settlement.

Jim

Too funny! I love Suze Orman! I can see her pointing her finger at the screen and scolding US Airways.
The SIMPLE soluction is to CALL BOA and ask for details rather than start rumors or cancel cards.

I did a reservation yesterday on the CP line, and I'm pretty sure that the hold message was still pushing the BOA card. I could be wrong, I wasn't really paying attention, but I'm pretty sure.

The Juniper/Barclays MC stinks. BOA is a much better company.

I quit soliciting the BofA Visa over a year ago. When I was told US Airways was keeping half of the commission it made me not want to promote it anymore. My friends at other airlines get the full commission. It is another example of our greedy management team. My initial reason for doing it was to make up the difference in the pay cuts I took. Then I find out the company was taking half of that, just like another pay cut.
Then I had people taking applications and writing profanity inside. Childish to say the least, but some adults actually did this. They would write anything from US Air sucks to F this F-ing airline. Then you have the few flight attendants that like to throw out the others apps and pretend like they handed all of yours out. And these are senior flight attendants taking a reserves apps and tossing them.

Does this mean also that those clowns wont be set up inthe middle of the concourses going "ARE YOU FLYING US AIRWAYS?"

Of course the F they are, no other airlines fly out of any concourse where they are positioned. Idiots. I have watched them piss people off for years. The pax think they are US Airways employees. I hate those people.

They're like those ppl at the amusement park that make you pose for a picture. I make grotesque faces or I'll whip my camera out and ask them to pose for me.

I might be somewhat abnormal though. GO AWAY CONCOURSE CREDIT CARD MAFIA!!

They pitched the BofA Visa Signature cards on my flights on Friday and today.

Is US going to notify us that the BofA credit card will no longer be earning miles? Or will they just let Customer Relations deal with it when our April statements post with no miles?

Is US going to notify us that the BofA credit card will no longer be earning miles? Or will they just let Customer Relations deal with it when our April statements post with no miles?
Ummm, my guess? nobody will tell us. We'll probably get a notice that says if we use this card to buy tickets from US Airways in the future, the miles will automatically be deducted from our Divident Miles account.

I REALLY hate those barclays people that are set up in B C and F. They are freaking VULTURES. They practically chase after you. I have the damn card already, leave me alone.