Bank Of America VISA--Are You Still Soliciting?

They pitched the BofA Visa Signature cards on my flights on Friday and today.

Is US going to notify us that the BofA credit card will no longer be earning miles? Or will they just let Customer Relations deal with it when our April statements post with no miles?

Again, has anyone CALLED Bank of America to ask what will happen in April 2009 or do you just prefer to speculate and stir the pot? Maybe they just can't sign up new people but anyone who has it will be grandfathered in. I suggest people with the card call BOA who have the card now and ask and get back to us with the truth on the board.

Kobe,

It has been already announced by the company that the relationship with BoA will end on March 31st 2009. Regardless of any followover time, the fact that they don't tell you that when they solicit the card and charge you a year fee for a service which will expire in less than a year is less than honest.

It's a fact. Why don't YOU call if you don't believe us?

It has been verified by Tempe themselves.

As soon as you’ll receive a notice of short letter from Bank of America next year that you’ll choose either upgrade to new BA VISA Signature Credit Card with World Point Rewards or “NO THANKSâ€￾ then automatically cancel your current BA US Airways VISA Signature with Dividend Miles if you owe some debt then transfer debt amount to another credit card provider (not BA). Another Credit Card providers will charge you 3% transfer fee of debt amount when you transfer from BA. If you refuse paying 3% transfer fee then you'll have to pay it full debt from BA before close an account.

You may not lose your miles unless if you have current any Barclays US Airways World MasterCards with your same Dividend Miles account.

Upgrade to new card:
Will automatically changed to new account number
No Annual Fee (no more $90 annual fee from BA US Airways Dividend Miles)
APR Fixed Rate: between 9.99% and 19.99% (the Standard APR you receive is determined based on your creditworthiness).

This is one advantage of being 6'2", 250lbs. I have very little interaction with the Juniper Vultures. One guy approached me and in the harshest voice I could muster as 9AM and told him "STEP AWAY NOW!"

I've done that enough times they leave me completely alone in PHL.

I saw them once standing on both sides of the hallway, practically arms locked, with no less than four of these vultures literally impeding progress down the concourse in Terminal F'ed in Philadelphia of all places.

It's a shame they don't allow mace behind security. It would be highly effective at eliminating this problem.

Kobe,

It has been already announced by the company that the relationship with BoA will end on March 31st 2009. Regardless of any followover time, the fact that they don't tell you that when they solicit the card and charge you a year fee for a service which will expire in less than a year is less than honest.

And to expound on Art's post:

I don't think it is my responsibility as an existing BofA DM Visa cardholder to investigate a rumor. I expect the airline which "sold" me the card to notify me well in advance of any changes in the T&C's. Otherwise, I assume (and rightfully so) that it will continue to be "business as usual" in terms of the "take" which I receive in the "give-and-take" process for paying my $90 annual fee, and subjecting myself to an outrageous interest rate should I suddenly become tardy or irresponsible about paying my bill in full every month.

And by "well in advance," I mean two things:

1) Early enough so that I can investigate other card options and go through the application process so I can begin earning my $25,000 spend for 10K EQM's in 2009 (good towards 2010 status).

2) Early enough so that I can go through the same process prior to my $90 annual fee kicking in.

#1 hits before #2, so I will give US until the end of September to notify me (or not).

As for the new credit card solicitations: If the rumor is indeed true, then US should no longer be offering these cards. At the very least, they should disclose the fact that the partnership is supposedly ending in March, 2009. Otherwise they will have gosh-only-knows how many complaints (and worse) from customers once they stop earning miles for their purchases.

I guess that we will have to wait and see.

From the application on the US.com website. I'd be fairly certain that the same disclaimer is on the application passed out on the airplane as well.

The US Airways Visa credit card is issued and administered by FIA Card Services, N.A. All cardholder benefits are subject to change with or without prior notice. US Airways is not responsible for delivery of Bank of America services. US Airways does not review applicants’ financial records. Bank of America is the sole arbiter of credit decisions. US Airways is solely responsible for establishing the terms and conditions of your participation and subsequent mileage accumulation in the Dividend Miles program. All Dividend Miles Terms and Conditions apply. US Airways may change the Dividend Miles program, including its rules and regulations, at anytime with or without prior notice.

I just cancelled my BOA Visa. I do not pay for credit cards (I got them to match a waiver last year since I didnt have to pay on my US MasterCard.) I also have decided that I could better use my miles toward hotel stays since every time I wanted to use my miles to fly somewhere, the flights were open. I also just zeroed out my FF account and used all of my miles to go to St Thomas and have switched to the free BOA World Points card and another hotel card that doesnt have a fee. When the agreement runs out 8 months from now and they tell you that you arent getting miles anymore, call them and tell them to credit the remaining months "annual fee" since you arent getting miles anymore and you want to close the account or switch to one of their no fee accounts instead.

Kobe,

It clearly states in 2 different places (both where you choose the card and in the details with the percentage rate) that there is a $90 fee.
I never said I didn't believe you. I said don't speculate on details without calling.

Don't you believe the company 10K Kobe?

Jim

Once again, (and it's the last time Im wasting my time and everyone else's), I didn't say anything other than don't speculate. I read for a fact that the card was ending in the local paper months ago after a prolonged legal issue. It didn't say anything else about options. I never said the card wasn't being issued after March. The original poster didn't mention a 10 K or Doug or anything other than "a friend" or "I heard". If the poster said I called BOA and they said, or I called US and they said, or I read in the 10K it says, then I'm perfectly OK with it. There are just people who spend their lives on this site with no other goal than to stir the pot. There are people who read posts on all issues on here and think it is a company memo.

Kobe,

No one is disputing that there is a $90 fee. I am, however, saying that if they are still soliciting the card, and they do not tell you that for your $90 you will NOT get a full year of the offered perks, that is disingenuous at best, and dishonest at worst.

I understand that the card is administered and fees collected by BoA, however, I hold both US and BoA culpable here--BoA for lack of disclosure and US for continuing to promote a product they know will expire within a short time. Take the buck and worry about fallout later--typical MO for this company.

I will also remind those at the Sand Castle that this is an airline not a marketing company. They seem to continually lose sight of that fact.

Kobe,

No one is disputing that there is a $90 fee. I am, however, saying that if they are still soliciting the card, and they do not tell you that for your $90 you will NOT get a full year of the offered perks, that is disingenuous at best, and dishonest at worst.

I understand that the card is administered and fees collected by BoA, however, I hold both US and BoA culpable here--BoA for lack of disclosure and US for continuing to promote a product they know will expire within a short time. Take the buck and worry about fallout later--typical MO for this company.

I will also remind those at the Sand Castle that this is an airline not a marketing company. They seem to continually lose sight of that fact.

I agree if you pay for a year of benefits you should get a year. Totally agree. The sad thing is ALL companies love to put in those clauses about subject to change without notice. The other poster made it sound like there was a surprise fee and I was just pointing out that ithe fee is printed in numerous locations. Have a good night.

I guess you can call the 10K a company memo.....

Jim

Jim,

My reply was to the ORIGINAL, FIRST post. It didn't mention a 10K. It said a friend. Later posts clarified the issues to a degree. I never disputed that there was a 10K. Read the very first post on page one again.

Jim,

My reply was to the ORIGINAL, FIRST post. It didn't mention a 10K. It said a friend. Later posts clarified the issues to a degree. I never disputed that there was a 10K. Read the very first post on page one again.
Jim like to do those things. It is an ALPA thingy.

It said "a friend" asked if the F/A's were still pushing the BofA card. This seems like a pretty natural place to get that answer.

Whether or not the BofA card would still be affiliated with DM wasn't in question - "Bank of America ceases its affinity relationship with US Airways in March of 2009. No more miles, no more benefits no more nada from US except the miles already accrued."

Perhaps I misunderstood your posts - I read them as saying that if one wanted to know whether or not the BofA card would still award miles, one should call BofA or US for an answer and stop speculating on this forum. As I said, that question wasn't in Art's 1st post.

Jim